It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board

Is a traumatic experience the reason for me hating sex?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-29-2014, 03:08 PM   #1
Naomiiii
(female)

Naomiiii HB User
Thumbs down Is a traumatic experience the reason for me hating sex?

I hate having sex and everything about it I have been with my fiancé for 4 years and it's starting to distance us. I want more than anything to have the same sex drive as him and enjoy it but I really don't. I feel really awkward and embarrassed when I know his trying to make a move and find myself making excuses all the time. When I was young I had a traumatic sexual encounter which took place which he is very understanding about but I wonder whether it's that that triggers my mind to not want sex or is it just another excuse.

Please help with any ideas or experience would appreciate it so much!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2014, 09:52 AM   #2
lenvegas
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
Re: Is a traumatic experience the reason for me hating sex?

Hi Naomi, well it is certainly possible your previous traumatic experience is the reason to this aversion to sex. However it is difficult to pin it down exactly because there are some women who have an aversion to sex who have not experienced early traumatic experiences. Another possibility is that your hormone levels are out of whack so perhaps get those levels checked. Therapy is also an option for you because it could pull back some of the layers of your subconscious so you could perhaps work it out within yourself. It is good that your boyfriend is understanding because some men would flee so he must really love you. I hope that you both can work this out......

The Following User Says Thank You to lenvegas For This Useful Post:
Naomiiii (11-30-2014)
Old 11-30-2014, 12:01 PM   #3
solofelix
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomiiii View Post
I hate having sex and everything about it I have been with my fiancé for 4 years and it's starting to distance us. I want more than anything to have the same sex drive as him and enjoy it but I really don't. I feel really awkward and embarrassed when I know his trying to make a move and find myself making excuses all the time. When I was young I had a traumatic sexual encounter which took place which he is very understanding about but I wonder whether it's that that triggers my mind to not want sex or is it just another excuse.

Please help with any ideas or experience would appreciate it so much!!!

"Hi,

Do you take the B.C.Pill because for some women it can have an adverse effect on your sex drive.
If you do then you could change to another form to see if that would help"

Solofelix.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:47 PM   #4
Naomiiii
(female)

Naomiiii HB User

I do take the pill so maybe I will try taking an alternative instead of the pill and see if that helps.

Also I have always had therapy in the back of my mind but also felt embarrassed to go ahead with it.

Thank you both do much for your help really appreciated.

Closed Thread

Tags
counseling, sex, sex drive