It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board

What is causing my low libido?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2016, 04:58 PM   #1
Bison12
(male)

Bison12 HB User
Exclamation What is causing my low libido?

Hello! I am 18 years old and have been diagnosed with Kallmann Syndrome. With this syndrome, I was born without the sense of smell and about two years ago, my pituitary gland started to shut down and produce less hormones including testosterone. A year ago I decided to see my doctor about my low sex drive and sexual function and was prescribed Androgel. After three months on that, I decided to switch to testosterone injections.
The problem is, the testosterone never affected my libido or sexual function. For the past year, we have been changing my dosages. I have had testosterone levels above the normal range, at the normal range, and below the normal range.
My dosages went from 150mg of testosterone enanthate weekly, to 100mg weekly, to 50mg weekly and now I'm at 80mg weekly. (I'm a 130 pound 18 year old male).
Gynecomastia was a minor problem until my doctor gave me Tamoxifen. Since then, I thought my low libido was because my estradiol levels were too high, but my bloodwork says otherwise. Here is my bloodwork from Life Labs:

Estradiol: <^70 pmol/L (normal is <150 pmol/L) (don't know what "^"means)
Testosterone: 5.7 nmol/L (normal is 8.4 to 28.8 nmol/L) (this is low because I forgot to take my injection that week before my bloodwork.
FSH: <^1 IU/L (normal is 2-8 IU/L)
LH: <^1 IU/L (normal is 2-6 IU/L)
Prolactin: 5 ug/L (normal is 2-18 ug/L)
TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone): 4.52 (normal 0.45-4.94) (unknown units)

I need someones help with fixing my low libido because it's causing relationship problems with my long-term girlfriend and I want more than anything to have the sex drive I did 2 years ago (when my erections were rock hard, and I got morning erections).

Any input on what you guys think is the problem would be really appreciated. Also, please let me know what else could be affecting my libido and what I should have tested at my next visit to the lab.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
endocrinology, erectile dysfunction, hormones, low libido men, pituitary failure