It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board

What kind of doctor do you see for male sexual problems?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-26-2005, 12:41 AM   #1
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2
AnonUser HB User
What kind of doctor do you see for male sexual problems?

Hi! My fiance and I are experiencing some problems in the bedroom. I wanted to know what kind of doctor you can see for that (erectile dysfunction, lack of interest). Are there gynocologists (sp?) for men? Thanks!

Last edited by AnonUser; 05-26-2005 at 12:55 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 05-26-2005, 02:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,622
Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Re: What kind of doctor do you see for male sexual problems?

He should start with his regular doc for a check up...then if there are other problems that need to be assessed his doc may send him to a urologist who specializes in "the equipment"...chances are though his doc will be able to diagnose and help.

Old 05-26-2005, 10:17 AM   #3
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4
nurturist HB User

for male health issues, you will see your M.D. and you will be referred to your UROLOGIST. A urologist is a male health professional doctor who specializes in male health issues (sexual infections, genital health, reproductive health).

You can also see an alternative practioner. There's a book that's great for men "HEALTHY PROSTATE IN 90 DAYS" by Dr. Larry Clapp also a book MULTI-ORGASMIC MAN.

I heard someone in Hayward is doing this. Kaiser Hospital of Union City referred me.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-26-2005 at 07:09 PM. Reason: People can think to do their own searches.

Old 05-27-2005, 04:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,991
JinL HB UserJinL HB User
Re: What kind of doctor do you see for male sexual problems?

Try to find an Endocrinologist that specializes in hormone problems.

Then he should ask for a complete series of tests for male & female hormones. Men & women have & need both kind. But sometimes they get out of the correct ratio.

Men should have 10 times more testosterone than women & women should have 10 times for estrogen E2 than men.

A prescription for a compounded testosterone gel will up the testosterone levels, if that is the problem. If you are planning on children then ask the doc to try HCG first. That will increase the natural testosterone & sperm from the testicles. Sometimes the pituitary does not secrete enough of LH & FSH hormones to stimulate the testicles enough & the HCG will do that.

Good luck.

Last edited by JinL; 05-27-2005 at 04:40 AM.

Old 05-27-2005, 07:21 AM   #5
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,020
last1 HB User
Re: What kind of doctor do you see for male sexual problems?

Just to clarify input from "Nuturist": A "urologist" can either be a male or female physician who specializes in the urinary system. This would include prostate issues, incontinency issues, erectile dysfunction, bladder problems, bladder cancer issues, urinary tract issues, issues related to urethra, etc. in men. In women, the physician could also treat most of the above issues excluding prostate, erectile dysfunction issues, etc. (for obvious reasons.)
Ultimately, you should begin with your primary care doctor who can then refer you to a urologist, endocronologist, or therapist who can assist with the problems. You insurance may dictate that you start with you primary doctor who will refer you to others. chris

Old 05-28-2005, 09:59 AM   #6
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 29
littlegeneral HB User
Re: What kind of doctor do you see for male sexual problems?

This can very depending on where you live. In my community they have a clinic called "the Men's Clinic". It is ran by a Urologist but it has a variety of doctors, urologist, and counselors. They deal with a variety of mens issues including vasectomy etc. If you do not have a men's clinic. A good place to start of course is your doctor or a local urologist. Unfortunately, due to doctors specializing today -- you will be seeing a team of people. More than likely, it will involve a Urologist for the biological/medical issues and a Counselor (Psychologist or Psychiatrist) for the emotional issues. Your family doctor can decide the best plan and make the necessary referrals. He/she may even know of a clinic or group of doctors that deal with these issues. Best of luck to you. Hope you find the right team.

Best reguards,

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
what do i do? please read; a concerned gf B3achbabi Herpes 1 06-12-2009 07:58 AM
What's wrong with me??? Doctors have been no help footballfan Sexually Transmitted Diseases 5 03-15-2007 11:13 AM
Strattera - Others w. Adult Male Side Effects? jacko ADD / ADHD 128 11-11-2006 12:13 PM
Help! What is wrong with me? exist21 General Health 55 09-19-2005 05:45 AM
what are these tests my endo is sending me for? zorm Addison's Disease 5 07-24-2005 01:35 PM
What is wrong with me??? Doctors have been no help.. footballfan Urology 1 06-06-2005 03:08 PM
What happened when you were first diagnosed ARANGER Fibromyalgia 8 02-22-2005 05:13 AM
I'm depressed and don't now what to do tell me what u think of this. Depressed teen Depression 2 09-07-2004 05:18 PM
I don't know what to do solcita Relationship Health 12 07-06-2004 01:17 PM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:38 AM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!