It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board

My balls

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2001, 12:47 PM   #1
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 2
matt101 HB User
My balls

I had my balls checked up on, I am 14 years old, and they found a small hydrocist? I guess thats what its called, he said its from where I got kicked and fluid had built up a little. He said it should go away but if it grows they will have to drain it. What do you guys think? Anyone else have this before>

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 07-07-2001, 08:04 PM   #2
Posts: n/a
Re: My balls

Yes it is called a Hydrocoele. It is generally a small build up of fluid in the scrotum. Generally harmless and generally easy to pick if they shine a torch through the testes. If it shines through the actual mass, it is likely to be fluid. If not, it is more solid.

Generally, they go away on their own and rarely but not unlikely they require draining!

Nothing much to worry about though!


Nurse_oz is a Registered Nurse who works in a Major Paediatric Hospital in Australia

Old 07-09-2001, 08:26 AM   #3
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Mobile
Posts: 2
FuzzBrain HB User
Re: My balls

Nurse OZ is probably correct. It is probably a hydrocele or a spermatocele, which is a cyst in the epididymus. Neither one is serious unless it causes you pain.

Most if not all guys have at least a small hydrocele because we have all been kicked, hit, or injured during sports. Some hydroceles do shrink and go away. Others just stay the way the are. Neither of these will affect you.

By the way, an ultrasound exam can determine without a doubt what it is and how big it is. These are usually good for follow-up.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
It's Not Blue Balls... princeofpoetry8 Sexual Health - Teens 1 11-09-2007 07:49 PM
Tennis Balls in a Sock danmc15 Sleep Disorders 5 03-07-2007 11:07 AM
blue balls depending on amount of masturbation? mememe123 Sexual Health - Men 1 02-05-2007 05:52 PM
can you make your balls hang lower? Jon4789 Sexual Health - Men 9 06-03-2006 02:11 PM
Some questions about ben-wa balls comeonnow Sexual Health - Women 10 01-03-2005 11:42 AM
Need help..balls(testicles).... worriedmale17 Sexual Health - General 4 12-05-2004 01:58 PM
Tight balls Racer70 Sexual Health - Men 7 10-08-2004 02:25 PM
My Balls hurt and some redness on the tip. SWYZ721 Sexually Transmitted Diseases 3 06-02-2004 04:24 PM
TINNIE BALLS! warning, i did lots of typing 145 Men's Health 19 05-02-2004 06:10 AM
Could this be the much talked about "blue balls" syndrome??? The_Cheese_Man Sexual Health - Men 2 02-08-2004 07:13 AM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:58 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!