It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board

Do I have Trich? Took Tindamax 2g

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
aed25
(female)

aed25 HB User
Do I have Trich? Took Tindamax 2g

Last month I stupidly had unprotected sex with a guy I met. 4 days later I had sex with my regular partner who tested clean so we don't use condoms. But that night he was pretty rough with me during doggy style (I read that your vaginal canal is shorter in this position) and I ended up bleeding. I assumed he caused some tears or hit my cervix too hard. 4-5 days later I started feeling irritated with very light itching and thought I just had some infection or yeast infection due to that.

3 days later, I went to Planned Parenthood for pap smear, std test, and informed about my irritation so they tested for vaginal infections. The doc said I have Trich and prescribed Tindamax 2g single dose. I never contracted any STD before, but have had bacterial and yeast infections. I have informed both partners.

36 hours later, I startd to get itchier and got paranoid about the doctor misdiagnosing me and figured I may have a yeast infection instead. Tindamax is known to cause yeast infections, only in rare cases.

It's been 3 days now, I feel better yet still don't feel normal. It slightly itches from time to time, but nothing to cry about. I woke up this morning and felt slight itching so I showered. I've been sitting all day and felt itchy so i went to pee, i wipe and noticed discharge. could my itch be from that? Is Tindamax still killing off the infection? Is this normal? how soon do i expect results from Tindamax?

Advise and opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2010, 06:39 PM   #2
aed25
(female)

aed25 HB User
Re: Do I have Trich? Took Tindamax 2g

Thought I do a quick update. It's been 5 days since I took Tindamax. I am still experiencing slight itching in the morning in bed or middle of the day after I shower. I went to Planned Parenthood and the doc prescribed me Clindamycin cream to insert vaginally for 7 days. From the online research I've done, this is used to treat BV. I was hoping to do another culture test because I am paranoid and fear that it might have been misdiagnosed the first time or I could be having a yeast infection instead. I'll update again.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:31 PM   #3
Outsidergirl
(female)

Outsidergirl HB User

Did the Tindamax help at all? I have been trying to get rid of my BV for six months now, and it seem like nothing its helping me. But I'm trying a no sugar diet, they say the BV feed from the sugar in your body..

Old 03-18-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
aed25
(female)

aed25 HB User

I was still itching after taking Tindamax so I went back to Planned Parenthood. They didn't do an exam, just prescribed me Clindamycin cream which was inserted vaginally for 7 days. I had my period right after the 7th day so i just waited after my period. All symptoms disappeared, so it worked.

I'm very curious as to why Tindamax didn't work... I couldn't find any info about how soon I would expect symptoms to disappear. Well I'm just glad it's over.

I'm sorry about your bv. I've done a lot of research and seems like some women can never get rid of it. I'm sorry I wish the best of luck to you.

have you tried RePhresH?

Old 03-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #5
Outsidergirl
(female)

Outsidergirl HB User

Thanks, and I havent try it RePhresH yet...thanks you for your post.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #6
carlei5
(female)

carlei5 HB User
Smile Re: Do I have Trich? Took Tindamax 2g

I went to the Doctor for a check up because I was having some itchy, burning irritation. My doctor told me it was just a yeast infections. Later that week my doctor called me and told me that I have trichomonas. He gave me 4 pills for one day 500mg. I took my dose on 09/19/2011 I'm still feeling disconfort please help me answer some of those question

Closed Thread