It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board


Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2011, 01:18 AM   #1
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: US
Posts: 1
waffflekayla HB User
Exclamation cluelessness

So a few hours ago I noticed I was a little it hypo down there. & I discovered a little bump on my inner right labia. I'm not so sure how to categorize it.. like a pimple-like or blister-like. Feel free to ask me a question on how it looks or where ever to help me figure that out.. & any information on what STD it might be, please. I know to go to my gyno. I will after I monitor this for a few days. I'm fifteen & am sexually active.. My boyfriend & I have had unprotected sex for a few seconds, & he has told me he has before, too. So I kinda am already expecting it to not be something good. But help is greatly needed.. So thank you in advance =]

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 08-01-2011, 02:20 AM   #2
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,100
writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: cluelessness

Hello waffle,

Sorry to hear you are having some issues "down there". May is ask what you mean by saying you were a "bit hypo down there"? I am not sure what you mean by that.

I did a little research to see if I could learn something to help you, and I found some interesting information. First of all, it does not have to be an STD necessarily. It could simply be a vaginal blister, caused by friction, in grown hairs or clogged sweat glands.

For this type of blister a hot bath or a sitz bath is the best treatment.

Now it the blisters are in a cluster, (more than one) that could be sign of herpes. If they itch or burn, you need to see a doctor.

If your blister has a hard edge, it could be a syphilis chancre. If it is painful and has a hard edge, it also needs to be checked by a doctor.

Other blisters can be caused by HPV or genital warts.

So you see, your blister could be caused by any number of things, but is not always a sign of a STD.

Getting a proper diagnosis is important, because some of these conditions do need medical treatment right away. I would encourage you to watch it carefully for a day or two, and then depending on what you see, you can decide to get seen by a doctor. Being so young, I would always be safe and let a doctor see it for the proper treatment.

I am a bit concerned when you mention that you and your boyfriend have had unprotected sex. I really hope that is your last time. it only takes once to be exposed to a sTD that you will have the rest of your life. YOu only have one body, so please treat it with great respect, and be very careful who you choose to have sex with. Everytime you have sex with someone unprotected, you are having sex with everyone they have had sex with too.

I wish you the best

Closed Thread

help asap, std, teen

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:54 AM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!