It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Acne Story Message Board

Still struggling with acne at 21

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2015, 04:27 PM   #1
lexi909
(female)

lexi909 HB User
Still struggling with acne at 21

Hey everyone! So I wanted to share my acne story. I've tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING. My acne started at around age 16. I wasn't getting it that bad..just a few breakouts. But then it got REALLY bad senior year of high school. I went to the dermatologist and she just prescribed me Cetaphil. This did not help at all. Then I tried the Clinique system. And then about every face/acne wash (neutrogena, clean and clear...) Then Proactiv. None of these helped.

The only thing that helped was Yaz...which is a birth control pill. I got on it for around 2 months but then got too sick and had to get off. My skin was never clearer, however. Anyways, I did some searching and decided to get on Dan's Regimen. This seemed to be working but only "covering up" the scars and everything. This year I finally decided to get off of that because it was horrible doing it TWICE A DAY and then the moisturizer would get on the pillow cases and stuff. It was no bueno. So I decided to try what my sister was doing since her face was clear..and we kind of have the same skin type. (Except I'm WAY more sensitive.) She was on Proactiv+...and said I should give it a try as a last "option."

Well..it's now month 4 and no results. In fact, my face has never been worse. I thought it was working good at first and my face felt clean..and then it just didn't anymore and I was doing the steps religiously day and night. I haven't given up hope but trust me...the hope is dimming. I hardly ever want to go out and even makeup doesn't do anything to hide it or make me more confident. It sucks. I think I'm going to try Epi-Duo and I'm starting birth control soon, it's called Lo Loestrine Fe and I'm just praying that it works. Of course everything takes time. :/

I noticed people talking about their diets..and the only thing that "some-what" helped my skin was me completely giving up dairy products and that is honestly horrible for me. I like my milk haha. Anyways just wanted to share my journey with y'all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread