It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Acne Story Message Board

How I overcame acne

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2016, 09:03 PM   #1
Aaron489
(male)

Aaron489 HB User
How I overcame acne

I used to struggle everyday with acne. Every morning I would rush to the mirror to see if the "miracle" cream I put on the night before had worked, only to discover more pimples. From my research I have found that my struggles aren't uncommon. I would lay in bed for hours searching for a cure when in reality it's always going to be there you just have to find out what works for you.

My face through out high school was surprisingly clear, never had an issue until I was a senior and noticed under the skin acne. I wanted my skin to be clear more than anything so I began what I call the over doing process. I went to the store and stocked up on pretty much anything that said it would have overnight results. It got worse. I remember looking in the mirror and crying over my skin night and day. I finally went to the dermatologist who prescribed accutane. I absolutely love accutane, I will start off by saying that. It has helped so many people. It is a very harsh drug but it worked for me.. So I thought. I went a year with gorgeous skin, then I noticed a pimple. I went into overdrive and restarted the process of washing and putting creams on my face my face got worse again.

I layer in bed and looked up vitamins to take and what products to use. I bought a lot of vitamins and began this health kick, didn't work. I tried proactive, which in my opinion is a joke. It worked for a few months but made my face so oily, and dry. Then when I quit it broke out way worse than ever. I tried washing my face in honey at night, surprisingly made my face feel soft and glow, but still had pimples, EVERYWHERE. I had enough and went back to the dermatologist which prescribed accutane again. ( I have taken other pills and creams prior to accutane which didn't work that's why the did that. ) Again, my skin was flawless for a time being. I lost it, in total I took accutane 4 times. I know people who took it once and never had acne again. I wasn't one of them.

I began doing everything over again. Until one day I was in Florida and I began not waking up washing my face instead rushing to the beach to layout. My face was so clear and flawless, I just chalked it up to the salt water, sun and aloe gel, but in reality I over-looked one component. (Not over doing it). So when I got back home I thought about it and started backing off, what could it hurt? Trust me, I know you are all thinking, how do you not wash your face morning and night? I used to be a religious washer- morning, night, I would caked creams in my face and go to bed trying not to lay on my face which is hard! Anyways back to backing off.

I went to the store and got Cerave hydrating face wash, aloe Vera gel and began to tell my self just try it. I washed my face that night and put the gel on, my face was so dry in the morning. From there I began only washing my face at night only. I was so nervous and scared when I left the house for work and kept looking in the mirror every chance I got. I began doing that for weeks, dreading what would come, and after about a month my face had cleared a lot! So I just ran with it and now I don't have acne. When I say that I don't mean I don't have an occasional break out but I don't wake up everyday to new acne or pimples and my skin is nowhere near where it was. I have also realized that my face isn't always so dry in the morning anymore either. I wake up every morning and look in the mirror with out worrying what I'll see. I still go to the dermatologist for maintenance every now and then. Chemical peels to remove acne scarring, and to overall enhance my skin.

The moral of my story is to tell you that if your struggling with acne that maybe you're over doing it and irritating your skin creating acne and causing more harm than good. I'm not saying that this will work for everyone, but give it a try. Back off and let your skin heal. And surprisingly I have saved so much money on products and it's fast and doesn't consume my life anymore.

My routine:

Nightly: wash my face in Cerave hydrating face wash, I still use aloe Vera gel, but I will also combine with Cerave moisturizer as well to combat dryness some nights.

Morning: if need I will splash water and moisturizer, but that's rare.

I am a 25 year old male. With very sensitive skin- ezcema, oily and dry dry dry skin. I had under the skin cystic acne, large pimples, white heads, black heads, and patches of flaky skin. I also noticed that my ezcema hadn't flared up in almost 2 years since trying this. I hope that for anyone out there struggling you'll find out what works best for your skin I know how hard it is to look day after day and see acne. Let me know if this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread