It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

My anxiety story ...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2017, 08:55 AM   #1
Manders88
(female)

Manders88 HB User
My anxiety story ...

Please bare with me, I will try my best to explain this without my post being all over the place.

I'm 28, female, married with children. While I have always been a worrier about my health, my anxiety seemed to heighten in early 2014, when my family got the news that our grandmother was diagnosed with advanced Dementia. She declined quickly and had no idea who I was within 6 months. Devastating to me, as she was one of my best friends growing up and as an adult. She died in October 2014. In August of 2014, two months before she died, my uncle (her son) randomly had a seizure and was rushed to the ER where it was discovered that he had lung cancer that spread to his brain. He died in July 2015. I struggled with the anxiety of him dying from smoking so I ended up quitting smoking two weeks after he got diagnosed. Quitting made me feel TERRIBLE. I had anxiety, was constantly irritable and crabby, had night sweats, gained weight etc. I quit for 6 months and ended up taking the habit up again because I couldn't deal with my stress and anxiety "naturally." I still smoke but it's occasional. I'm not an all day, everyday smoker anymore. I worry about my health even more now that my two family members died. If I get a cold or a pain in my back or something, I panic and automatically assume that I will die from it. To make matters worse, I caught influenza A in February and ended up with a complication from it --- I recently got diagnosed with vestibular neuritis and vertigo, a result of too much fluid in my ear tube that connects to my brain, my doctor says it was caused by me having the flu! So now I am dealing with that, which is NOT helping my already severe anxiety.

I have talked to my doctor several times about my anxiety and she has given me Vistaril on two separate occasions, which I hate taking, so I have a full bottle in my cabinet. I started speaking with a therapist weekly about a month ago, which does help but it's not a cure for me, as of yet. I feel like my anxiety is slowly eating away at my quality of life. It sucks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Manders88 For This Useful Post:
Locky1974 (05-09-2017)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread