It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

After years of thinking it was just me..

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
BehindBlueEyes
(female)

BehindBlueEyes HB User
Lightbulb After years of thinking it was just me..

I'll try to make this story as short as I possibly can!

For years I've always felt anxious, for no reason almost always. I could be sitting, perfectly fine, and all of a sudden I feel something terrible is happening, heart pounding, sweating, hard breathing. I hid it from family and friends for years, always assuming it was just me. After all, I was always a huge wuss, it would make sense I was a worrier as well.

Fast forward to the last year. Anxiety started worsening, along with a laundry list of other symptoms. I ended up going to the Endocrinologist in August 2012, diagnoses with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. But after a few months, my levels evened out, but somehow, my anxiety just got worse. Unbearably so, to where I was snapping at my fiance and having such mood swings. I was almost constantly in a severe state of panic.

Went back to my Endo today for a final check-up on thyroid levels. Things are even better than 3 months ago, but I told my Endo about my growing anxiety. She started discussing with me how it felt, how often, and everything. She told me she believed I may have an anxiety disorder, that she wanted me to see my GP and felt a trial run on some anxiety medication may be a good idea.

So, after seeing my GP, he agreed. Said my symptoms were textbook, every last one. Gave me 20mg of Citaloprom and 0.5mg of Clonazepam as an emergency until the other sets up in my system.

After my appointment I came home and started looking up symptoms and signs of anxiety disorders, as well as taking some general questionnaires about anxiety levels. Each says high levels or abnormal.

Sorry for such a long post, I just can't believe I suffered for so long, by myself, without getting any help. And here I was, suffering a real disorder that always seemed Taboo to others

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread