It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board

Recently diagnosed with Depression

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2014, 08:38 AM   #1
JF994
(male)

JF994 HB User
Recently diagnosed with Depression

I visited my GP about a month ago and was diagnosed with Anxiety, Depression and Panic Attacks. He gave me Lorazepam to help deal with the Anxiety but lately I feel less Anxious and more depressed about life at the moment.

This all started about four of five months ago, after the death of a famous celebrity. It effected me terribly even though I never even knew the man. Following that I started to suffer from Panic Attacks often when I left home but even occasionally of a night time when I was left alone. From then on I started to feel paralyzed with fear every time I thought about death. I know deep down it is going to happen, there is nothing I can do to change it but it still doesn't stop it from ruining my life.

Anxiety about death has now turned into depression, it's worse some times than others, it's worse some days than others but right now it's really bad. I am scheduled to see my Doc again next week.

It seems that in the last five months I have become a completely different person to the one I have been the twenty years previous. A big change I've noticed is that I am placing so much more importance on trivial decisions like What food to eat? How many episodes of a program should I watch? Even getting the end of a TV series makes me teary eyed when it never has done before.

I am dead set on getting better, I know that this isn't me and that I am not acting like myself. I know it may take a long time but I am committed to living my life to the fullest extent. I don't want to look back in twenty years and realise I wasted by youth.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-20-2014 at 08:49 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread