It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board

Child of Depression

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2014, 09:19 PM   #1
JonL08
(male)

JonL08 HB User
Child of Depression

When I was 7, my father walked out on my mother and she began slowly sliding into depression. I was able to graduate high school and into college but between my mother's depression and my father's mind games, I never fully learned how to deal with what people refer to as "the real world." I'm in my early 40's now and I'm dealing with depression, anxiety in addition to never having had a job and there are times where it just gets overwhelming. I know I'm responsible for how my life has turned out and for how it will turn out but I look at it all and it paralyzes me. It's not just a case of not knowing how to cope, it's also a case of not wanting to cope and that makes me feel like my life is in a downward spiral. The only thing that makes things feel tolerable is the knowledge that as bad as I feel about myself and my life, they could be worse. But more often then not, that is a very cold comfort.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread