It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board

This is me

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-16-2014, 03:43 PM   #1
Charle91Charle
(female)

Charle91Charle HB User
This is me

This is my first post I was finally diagnosed with depression and GAD this past year after 10 years of a struggle, yet I still have a lot of hurdles to over come.
I'm 23year old women with a 6 year old son, from the outside my life looks perfect easy job behaved child amazing partner who works so hard yet I still haven't felt any different if not worse than I did before.
I had a good childhood at the start I had a mum, dad and younger brother. Problems started when I was abused by a trusted family member at the age of 6 and that went on till the age 10 nobody knows to this day about any of that, this is something I choose myself not to act upon.
At age 10 I caught my father cheating on my mum so explaining to her what I knew was really tough experience, I was then left to look after my mother who was severely depressed at the time and my 7 year old brother.
Things started to look up when my mother met her now husband until all the fights started and I got stuck in the middle everytime, then found out at age 16 I was pregnant the stress at home I decided to walk out from n stayed with my nan who has done so much for me I love her to pieces id be lost without her.
That is a small window into my life, everyday is a struggle getting up doing simple things I'm exhugsted all the time I feel empty lost confused also the anxiety has cost me any social life what's so ever I can't handle crowds, new places or new people. I've just started CBT recently and there's this small part of me that sees that glimmer of light I hope to be rid of this one day and experience life without it all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread