It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Lyme Disease Story Message Board

• My Journey

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-25-2021, 12:16 PM   #1
    tess201
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User
    My Journey

Dear One's,

I have had chronic neurological Lyme Disease for 29 years. Why so long? Because I was misdiagnosed for 12 years! This means that I had no relevant treatment except what I tried to come up with to address the many unknown issues I was confronted with. Lyme can, and often does, affect every system of the body, and of course the mind.

When I was finally diagnosed accurately it was through Igenex Lab, which I highly recommend. Most of the often used labs really do not know how to properly test for LD. You can have your doc send your blood to Igenex in Palo Alto CA. You can also call them for instructions on which labs you should order. This will depend on what state you were tick bit in, and other factors. You may want to also be tested for the co-infections of Lyme.

After 12 years, although then accurately diagnosed, it was way too late to start antibiotic treatment. I went the natural route with Salt/C, herbals, vitamins, and many other modalities. Over the years, I have had 12 surgeries. I still have "flares" of many different symptoms but more severe are the neurological ones. I am fortunate to be working with many good practitioners who have a depth of understanding about Lyme Disease.

I'm writing this to emphasize the importance, the gravity, of getting yourself, or the tick, tested ASAP after being bitten or suspecting you may have LD (there are other vectors, like some biting insects, that can cause LD). You only have about 4 to 6 weeks to do this. Once the infection moves from the blood into the tissues it becomes VERY difficult to turn things around. Having said this, keep in mind that testing for LD is complex. There have been many "false negatives". This is why many practitioners of Lyme will also rely heavily on clinical symptoms.

If you can find an LLMD (lyme literate medical doctor), an herbalist, acupuncturist, naturopath, OMD, someone who has a record of treating LD, this would serve you best. Most other doctors are woefully uneducated about LD. Hoards of fellow "lymies" have gone through the experience of trying these docs only to end up more frustrated, and ill, from time lost in this pursuit.

Lastly, I highly recommend that you do your own research, read other's stories, join support groups. If you become knowledgeable about exactly what you are dealing with this can afford clarity. Clarity is a kind of freedom because it makes comprehensible what may have previously been confusing and frightening.

There are many more people "out there" now who can help you. Don't despair. I hope that you all find a path to healing.

Tess

The Following User Says Thank You to tess201 For This Useful Post:
    Machaon (06-26-2021)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply