It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Pain Management Story Message Board

• BadExampleJen2's story

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-14-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
    badexampleJen2
    (female)

badexampleJen2 HB User
    BadExampleJen2's story

I have Crohn's Disease and had a perianal fistula that tunneled off to make a total of three. One was lanced open to drain and the other two opened on their own. After many, many years of medical treatment I had surgery with a permenant ilestomy- entire colon and rectum removed and part of my small bowel. A year later I had the surgery revised and another foot of small bowel removed. I also had a ruptured ovarian cyst which hospitalized me for 2weeks and surgery. After I healed from both the Crohn's and surgeries, I weaned myself off Percosets. I was taking 10mg every 2 hours for a year. I felt really sick for the first 3-4 days, and after a week I was much better. I did it on my own because I wasn't in pain anymore.

After the two Crohn's surgeries, I got chronic pelvic abscess infections and had three more surgeries. Then the migraines started with chronic pelvic pain as well. I was on Depo-Provera which helped some for about 4 years. I went off that due to osteopenia and now have pelvic pain chronically which is severe when I menstruate. They are thinking I have endometriosis, and perhaps some adhesion scars connected to my bladder because it hurts my lower abdoment to urinate. Then the back pain started. They said I had inflammation in my hip joints and lower back stenosis and bulging disk. I have also had chronic muscular pain in my right shoulder and right neck for as long as I can remember. I don't know what they are calling it- one doc said it sounded like a little fibromyalgia. When it got so bad I couldn't turn my head or drive, I had injections and PT for it.

I was recently switched off of 15mg oxycodones due to the shortage to 3/4 of a 20mg Oxycontin crushed ( I don't have enough intestines to absorb any slow release meds), with 10mg Percosets. I am alleric to the adhesive in the Duragesic patches so I quit using those. I also take Flexeril or Soma, and etodolac as needed, valium and Advils as needed, Armour Thyroid, and 50mg Wellbutrin. My life has pretty much come to a standstill between my current abdomen, back and shoulder pain and chronic migraines (min. of 5 per month) And that's the short version...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread