It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board

• Shingles and genital herpes?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-05-2017, 11:36 PM   #1
    zerok
    (male)

zerok HB User
    Shingles and genital herpes?

Hello everybody,

i'm a 36 year old man, i practice sport, rarely catch a cold, i consider myself as an healthy person. I had a first outbreak of shingles at the age of 21, after some days of serious stress (i'm a really emotive person). Second outbreak was in june 2014, i got various red spots on my right arm, i got some redness at the side of my left eye. I didnt feel pain but felt unconfortable for days, and usede to feel anxious (i then discovered it was a shingles side effect).
    Now in june 2017 I have another outbreak, not strong as the first one, still in the right arm. The thing that is worrying me is that my scrotum got a little bit itchy and swollen. I'm trying to remember and i think it happened the same in 2014 but not so evidently. The scrotum got swollen and i see some of the same spots (the classic shingles spots) in the skin of my penis, they don't bother, they are not inflammated, but they are there.
    My Question is : do i have to worry about having genital herpes or simply shingles can go to those body parts too? I had a spermiogram last year to check fertility and eventual infections and i was totally clean.
    Do you think i have to worry much or is just another way for shingles to tell me he loves me and he will never let me?

The following user gives a hug of support to zerok:
    SOE (06-06-2017)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2017, 10:04 AM   #2
    SOE
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
    Re: Shingles and genital herpes?

Hi Zerok, welcome to the boards

I'm sorry you are going through this yet again. Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question, but I do think you should see a doctor. They can give you medication that if you take the first day or so of shingles it can make it a much lesser case so you will heal faster. I highly recommend that you get in to see a doctor straight away so that you can start the medicine and ask your other question.

Let us know what he/she says.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:52 PM   #3
    zerok
    (male)

zerok HB User

Hi and thank you!

I am on acyclovir now, I have a really "soft" case of shingles... small rash, no pain in my right arm (started on tuesday and is already healing) and then I had that problem on the scrotum, it was itching (still a little bit), i could see a nearly invisible underskin rash on the skin of my penis that is already healing too.
    i was first diagnosed with shingles when 21. My father was a doctor, told me not to worry and it healed pretty fast. Then i never had a rash until 2014, that year i went to a dermologist who quickly recognized it was zoster.
    Now i'm experiencing this again, i got worried because of this strange reaction in my genitals, but i remember i had a similar (less evident) reaction in 2014. Last year i got a spermiogram and got checked for possible genital herpes and there was no sign of that. So maybe i'm just being paranoic.
    I just wanted to know if somebody know about people who experience shingles in testicles and genitals in general, and if this complication is rare. thank you

Last edited by zerok; 06-06-2017 at 12:54 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to zerok:
    SOE (06-16-2017)
    Old 06-15-2017, 11:18 PM   #4
    SOE
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Zerok

I'm sorry I missed your post. I don't really know anything about having shingles in that area (ouch).

How are you doing now?

Old 09-19-2017, 08:56 AM   #5
    Leelee31
    (female)

Leelee31 HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Shingles and genital herpes?

I have had shingles numerous of times. First started in 2005 on my foot, then another year on my stomach. After that another year on both sides. Then after that my breast then my breast and neck. Lady year was my mouth causing my tongue to swell, my eyes itched forehead and arms. Seems like it gets worse the older I get I'm 46. This month Sept 2017 it my lady parts and bottom plus my breast. It has a thing for my left breast though. Vision foes tend to get real blurry even with my glasses on. I'm not sure about that herpes thing as you have asked but I feel the same way. My dad was a carrier of the shingles and they would do him bad. Now I'm in the same position. I'll pray for anyone who comes in contact with this beast.

The Following User Says Thank You to Leelee31 For This Useful Post:
    SOE (09-19-2017)
    Old 09-19-2017, 11:40 AM   #6
    SOE
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi LeeLee.

Welcome to the boards

Thanks for your response and good wishes.

Reply Reply