It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board

• Shingles for three painful, itchy, burning months.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-17-2018, 09:52 AM   #1
    JenniferSW
    (female)

JenniferSW HB User
    Shingles for three painful, itchy, burning months.

I have had the shingles for three pain full, itchy, burning months. I had an extensive rash round the lower part of my body. The rash vanished after a week or so, with no blisters or scabs, yet I have all the symptoms going on, with internal itching which I can't scratch, and my skin is so sensitve I can only wear cotton nighties. I also am
    permanently exhausted. There is absolutely no sign of anything on my skin. Anyone else had something similar? How long did it last?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2018, 08:34 PM   #2
    Lorray
    (female)

Lorray HB User
    Re: Shingles for three painful, itchy, burning months.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JenniferSW View Post
    I have had the shingles for three pain full, itchy, burning months. I had an extensive rash round the lower part of my body. The rash vanished after a week or so, with no blisters or scabs, yet I have all the symptoms going on, with internal itching which I can't scratch, and my skin is so sensitve I can only wear cotton nighties. I also am
    permanently exhausted. There is absolutely no sign of anything on my skin. Anyone else had something similar? How long did it last?
    Hello I am sorry you are suffering with pain, burning and itching. Are you feeling better now? I hope so. I haven’t had the rash but I have a terrible burning pain and it is has been 4 months now on the right side of my back. The pain is unbearable at times. I have tried lidocaine patches, Lyrica and so many different creams and gels but there isn’t too much that really helps. I’m a School Teacher and it makes it really difficult some days. Thank for any advice and help. I really appreciate it and I’m sorry for all of you that are going through this. I just wonder if it will ever go away. Take care.
    Ther

The following user gives a hug of support to Lorray:
    SOE (09-13-2018)
    Old 09-13-2018, 12:57 PM   #3
    SOE
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
    Re: Shingles for three painful, itchy, burning months.

Hi Jennifer and Lorray! Welcome to the boards.

How are you both doing?

SOE

Reply Reply