It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board

Shingles for three painful, itchy, burning months.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2018, 08:52 AM   #1
JenniferSW
(female)

JenniferSW HB User
Shingles for three painful, itchy, burning months.

I have had the shingles for three pain full, itchy, burning months. I had an extensive rash round the lower part of my body. The rash vanished after a week or so, with no blisters or scabs, yet I have all the symptoms going on, with internal itching which I can't scratch, and my skin is so sensitve I can only wear cotton nighties. I also am
permanently exhausted. There is absolutely no sign of anything on my skin. Anyone else had something similar? How long did it last?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2018, 07:34 PM   #2
Lorray
(female)

Lorray HB User
Re: Shingles for three painful, itchy, burning months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferSW View Post
I have had the shingles for three pain full, itchy, burning months. I had an extensive rash round the lower part of my body. The rash vanished after a week or so, with no blisters or scabs, yet I have all the symptoms going on, with internal itching which I can't scratch, and my skin is so sensitve I can only wear cotton nighties. I also am
permanently exhausted. There is absolutely no sign of anything on my skin. Anyone else had something similar? How long did it last?
Hello I am sorry you are suffering with pain, burning and itching. Are you feeling better now? I hope so. I haven’t had the rash but I have a terrible burning pain and it is has been 4 months now on the right side of my back. The pain is unbearable at times. I have tried lidocaine patches, Lyrica and so many different creams and gels but there isn’t too much that really helps. I’m a School Teacher and it makes it really difficult some days. Thank for any advice and help. I really appreciate it and I’m sorry for all of you that are going through this. I just wonder if it will ever go away. Take care.
Ther

The following user gives a hug of support to Lorray:
SOE (09-13-2018)
Old 09-13-2018, 11:57 AM   #3
SOE
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
Re: Shingles for three painful, itchy, burning months.

Hi Jennifer and Lorray! Welcome to the boards.

How are you both doing?

SOE

Reply Reply