It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board

• Shingles in the Genital Area

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-29-2018, 09:47 PM   #1
    Stormy Uno
    (female)

Stormy Uno HB User
    Shingles in the Genital Area

I had this strange breakout on my butt cheek on Saturday. It got increasingly painful and migrated to the other side of my butt. Monday I saw my gynecologist, she said, due to my recent history with yeast, that she thought it was yeast. Her test was negative. I had no itching. Just painful blood red lines on each side of my butt cheeks--lining my crack. I began the yeast treatment, because she had no other explaination. Tuesday my labia began to swell and became painful and slight itching began on the butt cheeks and private area. The pain is subsiding. I'm assuming it's because of the lidocane cream and the itching continues.
    Today the doctor calls me and wants me to start the antiviral for shingles. We did talk about that on Monday but I have absolutely no blisters and I don't like taking drugs. I don't want to start something that is probably not going to help. If it's yeast it will get better with the meds for yeast, if it's not the yeast won't go away. Since I am having relief I probably won't start the antiviral until i'm sure it's not yeast. Has anyone else had this confusing issue?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2018, 08:02 AM   #2
    esker
    Veteran
    (male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User
    Re: Shingles in the Genital Area

The antiviral will reduce the severity of this outbreak, and reduce the frequency and severity of future outbreaks.

Last edited by esker; 08-30-2018 at 08:02 AM. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to esker For This Useful Post:
    SOE (09-13-2018)
    Old 08-30-2018, 08:59 AM   #3
    Stormy Uno
    (female)

Stormy Uno HB User

I am not convinced it's shingles. I am much better today with only the treatment for yeast.
    I did the saliva test for yeast this morning. The test is definitely positive for yeast and my tongue was very coated with white. I had never thought to look at my tongue.
    All the reading I've done while lying here recovering has opened my eyes to a lot of information about yeast and shingles.
    I believe I'm going to pass on the antiviral and keep using the yeast meds and see how it goes. Thank you for your reply.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stormy Uno For This Useful Post:
    esker (08-30-2018),SOE (09-13-2018)
    Old 08-30-2018, 07:20 PM   #4
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

You could have a yeast overgrowth due to the stress of shingles.

But it won't hurt you to try the yeast treatment. From what I hear the shingles will make itself known if you have it.

Old 09-13-2018, 12:55 PM   #5
    SOE
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User

Hi Stormy, welcome to the boards.

Sorry I'm late to the discussion.

How are you feeling?

SOE

Reply Reply

Tags
    antivirals, shingles, yeast infection