It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board

shingles on the underside of breast

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2018, 10:24 PM   #1
BRGN
(female)

BRGN HB User
shingles on the underside of breast

Hello, I am new here and have looked everywhere for someone who can hopefully help me. I was diagnosed with shingles 9 weeks ago. I had two very small rashes on my back and about a three inch long rash on the underside of my left breast. The small rash on back back was the only pain I felt during the initial outbreak. Although the one on my breast was larger with more blisters it didn't hurt (only uncomfortable because it went to my bra line) The rash and blisters are completely healed but I am now experiencing the nerve pain. My back has more of a dull throbbing ache and I do have the burning or chapped feeling that extends from back to side of my breast. As uncomfortable as that is I can deal with it. My concern is the hypersensitivity in my nipple. My question is can the shingle under my breast affect the nipple? It is extremely sensitive and actually the worse thing about this whole ordeal. I have searched the web trying to find some answers and am always directed to breast cancer sites which tend to scare the holy snot out of me. I finally found this forum and really hope that someone can help me out. Thank you in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2018, 02:19 PM   #2
SOE
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
Re: shingles on the underside of breast

Hi BRGN, welcome to the Boards

I'm sorry you are dealing with this. What a terribly inconvenient place to get shingles.

Have you asked your doctor about this?

I think that since the rash was right under your breast, there could be a nerve there that is also shooting pain to your nipple, but a doctor would know better.

I would not be concerned about cancer because pain rarely occurs as a symptom of breast cancer.

See your doctor, double check, and maybe he will give you something for the nerve pain -- which is common with shingles. The nerve pain can last much longer than the actual rash in some cases. And I really don't believe in coincidences -- so I'm thinking it's shingles-related.

Tell us what your doctor said and how you are doing.

Best,
SOE

The Following User Says Thank You to SOE For This Useful Post:
BRGN (10-02-2018)
Reply Reply