It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board

• Horrbile shingles

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-28-2021, 01:11 PM   #1
    fapoff
    (female)

fapoff HB User
    Angry Horrbile shingles

I have had shingles since mid February and it is still going strong. I lost my appetite and lost weight. I lost my vision...not completely but it scared me to death..My vision was fuzzy and cloudy and i had double vision couldn't wath tv or read or anything because i saw double of everthing......extremely scary! Mine went down my back under my left arm and completely through my entire left breast to the end of the nipple. This has been expremely painful and itchy. i think its getting better and then wham...intense itching with more pain. I have felt so horrible at times that i felt beyond what to do so i am still living with it. I have a feeling mine is going to last for a very long time. God I pray not. Anyone else have it like this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2021, 12:47 PM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Horrbile shingles

What medications are you on and are you being monitored by an opthamologist regarding your vision?

q

Old 05-29-2021, 01:01 PM   #3
    fapoff
    (female)

fapoff HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by quincy View Post
    What medications are you on and are you being monitored by an opthamologist regarding your vision?

q
    I am just on gabapentin 400 now but i was on two other meds in the beginning. The double vision has gone away for some time now but i still have the pain and itching.

Old 05-30-2021, 12:26 PM   #4
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Do a search for postherpetic pain and itchiness...maybe a med suggested there could help. At least there are some good options worth asking your doctor about or trying on your own.
    For my skin and burning itchiness issues...I've had prescribed Menthol 2% in a glaxal base. It does help.

q

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to quincy For This Useful Post:
    SOE (07-28-2021)
    Reply Reply