It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board

• Chicken pox vaccine causing shingles

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-04-2003, 03:17 AM   #16
    Sarah68
    Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
    Talking

Chickenpox is highly infectious and is spread by droplet infection, so it is possible to catch it by simply coughing and sneezing.

Both my kids have had all the childhood diseases and are perfectly healthy and they have never been vaccinated. They both have healthy immune systems and are very happy and well adjusted kids.

I have received vaccines myself though and this has been mainly for work reasons. A few years ago however I needed to go and have vaccine updates and specifically Polio. I went in and had this and within 24 hours of having this I was nearly crippled with stomach trouble. My stomach did not improve significantly within a week of having the vaccine, so I decided to go and see my doctor and told him what had happened. He actually told me that it was as a direct result of having this vaccine that I had the stomach problems. Polio vaccine can live in the gut for up to 6 weeks afterwards and if your hygiene is not impeccable during this time, anyone who has had this vaccine can spread it around.

Anyway, I continued to have a lot of stomach problems for quite sometime afterwards, but my doctor at this time did manage to help me, but he also said that he felt that it would not be a good idea to have this vaccine again.

This is why I do not like the idea of vaccinating, as it is possible to have such bad reactions to things that can cause problems for so long afterwards that it is hardly worth it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2003, 10:30 AM   #17
    girlygirly
    Inactive

girlygirly HB User
    LizW,

Let me ask you a question, what long term studies can you cite on childhood vaccinations? How about a study that can show us the long term benefits and risks. I don't think that you will find any, vaccinations are not normally studied past the first 2 months.

If your children are vaccinated why should you even care about who isn't, it will not affect you in any way.

People who decide not to become sheep in the herd are not obsessed, perhaps a pioneer maybe be a better choice of words. The questioning of why we must have vaccines deserves more attention.

Old 10-10-2003, 06:36 PM   #18
    rubindj

rubindj HB User
    By the way, if you come down with the shingles, you need to see the doctor.

There are now some very effective antivirals and lidocain patches which will make it much less painful and reduce its course.

Old 10-11-2003, 07:01 PM   #19
    momof3mjt
    Veteran

momof3mjt HB User
    Even if you get the vaccine you can still get the chicken pox. You will just get a lighter case. And being exposed to someone with chicken pox is not the only way to get shingles.

Shingles come from chicken pox, but they lay dormant in our bodies and certain things bring them to the surface. Mostly stress. My mom and my sister both have and still suffer from shingles and both cases were from stress.

There are some here who are very down on vaccines. I think it is very unhealthy to scare people like this without a medical degree or proof. With this many immigrants STILL coming into this country who are not required to be immunized we may start to see an increase in diseases that we havent seen in decades. Do we really want our children unprotected from these diseases?

Yes there are those RARITIES (sp) of kids who have had some bad consequences from vaccines, but kids can get autism, mental retardation from other things too.

Closed Thread