It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board

• Shingles down there

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-24-2014, 06:08 PM   #1
    Leanie
    (female)

Leanie HB User
    Angry Shingles down there

OMG, I have shingles.....when I was 24 I had a terrible outbreak of shingles that stretched from my vagina to my lower back on my left side. It took me 3 months to get rid of them and was left with PHN. I was on Neurontin for 2 years...here's the story of this time:
    I have Endometriosis and the past few months my periods were lasting 2 weeks at a time so I saw a gyn and she put me on Norethindrone (progestin) for 3 months (I told her I could not take birth control and she said it wasn't). After 3 weeks of being on them I started sweating really bad, then over a week ago I had insomnia really bad and horrible crying spells and my blood pressure got really high (145/95 pulse 130). Then I got a sinus infection and BOOM shingles IN my vagina on the right side. This happened in 3 days in that order. I was tested for all herpes and came back negative which I knew I didn't have that. I haven't been sexually active in a year. The shingles are on one side of the vaginal opening. I am taking acyclovir and cipro. I saw a new gyn yesterday and she looked inside and said I have a spot of them on my cervix to. She said she was 99% sure its shingles especially since I've had them before near this area. I was always afraid I'd get them again but INSIDE?? I am in shock and devastated...anybody have shingles like this? Also my right hip has been killing me, it hurts soooo bad, especially when I try to bend to pick something up. I have osteoarthritis in my hips so I don't know if it's that, the shingles or the cipro. The doctor wants me to see a rheumatologist. These pics are of the same spot, just 3 days apart. http://i58.tinypic.com/33keryh.jpg http://i59.tinypic.com/10wobra.jpg
    Achilles Tendonitis
    Notalgia Parastetica
    Fibroadonema
    Arthritis
    Blepharitis

Last edited by Leanie; 12-25-2014 at 01:21 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Leanie:
    parker1261 (12-25-2014)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2014, 09:31 AM   #2
    parker1261
    (female)

parker1261 HB Userparker1261 HB Userparker1261 HB Userparker1261 HB Userparker1261 HB Userparker1261 HB Userparker1261 HB Userparker1261 HB Userparker1261 HB User
    Re: Shingles down there

bless your heart ! i get shingles in my NOSE !...not as bad as your situation but still.....cannot EVEN imagine your pain and discomfort .....

Be careful when following the masses; sometimes the "M" is silent !
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-25-2014, 11:52 AM   #3
    Leanie
    (female)

Leanie HB User
    Re: Shingles down there

I may have to take another round of acyclovir. I looked at it this morning and it's slowly healing but not fast enough for me. Gosh my hip hurts more than anything else.
    Achilles Tendonitis
    Notalgia Parastetica
    Fibroadonema
    Arthritis
    Blepharitis

The following user gives a hug of support to Leanie:
    parker1261 (12-26-2014)
    Reply Reply