It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board

• Sharp stabbing, burning pain and numbness above left Tricep.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-11-2015, 04:37 AM   #1
    Slave93
    (male)

Slave93 HB User
    Sharp stabbing, burning pain and numbness above left Tricep.

Hi. I felt a few days ago numbness, and stabbing,burning pain just above my left tricep on certain movements like reaching something from the floor , putting on my jacket, or reaching behind my back...I can even find a spot on my bicep near my armpit which causes the same pain and numbness when i press it. I am 21 years old and i am lifting weights for 5 years now, but first time i felt this wasn't during training, i felt it first time when i was showering. Its odd but i can even workout without pain, i just have to be very careful not to put my hand in certain position. I started taking ibuprofen 600mg a day to see if it will solve the inflammation. I know you might say it's nothing cause i can even train with it , but its very painful and bother me during my daily activities , and i have to be alert 24h a day , even when i go to sleep i have to put my hand in right position. More then anything i am very scared cause i haven't felt anything like this before and also that it will go worse and that i wont be able to train

Thanks in advance for your response.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2015, 04:29 PM   #2
    momzworkin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

momzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB User
    Re: Sharp stabbing, burning pain and numbness above left Tricep.

Have you seen a doctor yet? You may need an MRI to rule out any cervical spine problems which can cause the numbness and tingling. You may also have strained a ligament.

The Following User Says Thank You to momzworkin For This Useful Post:
    Slave93 (04-13-2015)
    Old 04-13-2015, 08:46 AM   #3
    Slave93
    (male)

Slave93 HB User
    Re: Sharp stabbing, burning pain and numbness above left Tricep.

No, but i am going to see a chiropractor tomorrow. I hope that he saw something similar and that he will be able to tell me what to do. If he doesn't help me i will go and see a doctor.
    I think this happened cause i had a very bad fever about two weeks ago and i was on ibuprofen laying in bed 24h a day for a whole week. And then when i got better i immediately started stretching my shoulder(same corrective stretching i was doing for the past year and a half without any break - this was my first one-week resting from training and stretching in a while). I didn't felt anything while i was stretching(like i said i figured it out while i was showering) but i think it caused this because the same movement i was doing during stretching now cause this pain. So i would say its a strained ligament but that spot on my bicep near my armpit which causes the same feeling made me think its a pinched nerve.
    What is most confusing is that only that movement of my arm causes this pain.I can do a heavy workout with my triceps(hitting the exact same problematic spot) but i can't do any other exercise that demands this type of movement.
    I am so afraid that i won't be able to train cause i love it so much and i cant wait to see a chiropractor tomorrow.
    Sorry for my bad English, and thanks for discussing with me about my problem.

Reply Reply

Tags
    burning, numbness, sharp pain, tricep bicep impingement exercise