It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board

MRI right shoulder

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2018, 09:49 PM   #1
Sura
(female)

Sura HB User
MRI right shoulder

Had MRI of right shoulder but need translation of results, would this need surgery?

Impression:
1. Mild tendinopathy of supraspinatus tendon
2. Moderate degenerative changes of the acromioclavicular joint. Correlate for impingement.
3. Minimal subacromial bursitis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2018, 11:05 PM   #2
allhis
Inactive
(female)

allhis HB Userallhis HB Userallhis HB User
Re: MRI right shoulder

1)Tendinopathy: disease of the tendon. tendonosis occurs from failed healing or repetitive trauma to a tendon
2) is harder to give briefly but I read it to say basically the spaces are smaller causing some impingment. If you highlight the whole line then google it, you will get an good explanation.
3) you have a little inflammation of the bursa.

Remember though - your doctor is the best one to explain it all to you. It does help to take what you find on the internet and ask him to confirm or explain better. A doctor worth his money is one who is not threatened by you researching then bringing that research to him to verify or explain why what you found is not right.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:46 AM   #3
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

did the doctor say that you could benefit from physical therapy? I believe you can. I had a similar problem

Old 01-16-2018, 02:41 PM   #4
Calrunner
(female)

Calrunner HB User

I would think this could be managed with physical therapy. Keep those shoulder muscles strong!

Reply Reply