It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board

• 5th shoulder surgery🙀

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-05-2019, 03:21 PM   #1
    Adrjen
    (female)

Adrjen HB UserAdrjen HB User
    5th shoulder surgery🙀

The first two surgeries were about 12 and 5 years ago. Those two were “just” Arthroscopic to clean out Arthritis and spurs. Two years ago was Total Shoulder Replacement. Went great for about 8 months, then a lot of pain. Turned out the prosthesis had broken. So a year ago I had a revision TSR. I have total range of motion (at least upwards), but always had a lot of trouble in therapy with pain just below the front of my shoulder. I had just about resigned myself to the pain, but then my shoulder started dislocating (popping out of joint). Sometimes when I shut a door or some such motion, usually reaching behind me. Extreme pain, but it only lasted about 20 seconds, although excruciating. Then it would be a lot more painful for the next day or two. It was only when it happened when I was doing simple things, like hugging someone or putting on a coat did I realize how serious it probably was. My doctor finally did a high powered Ultrasound and did some tests on me to tell me that my Supscapularis was severely ripped. (It is the largest muscle of the rotator cuffs). Surgery is the only cure. He is going to try to put it back together with cadaver tissue since mine is too destroyed. When he looks at it during surgery, he may decide to do a Reverse Shoulder Replacement if he feels the Rotator Cuff surgery won’t work. He is going to have a prosthesis there to use to be safe. Has anyone been as unlucky as me? Any advice? Luckily it’s my left, non dominant shoulder. My only bit of luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply