It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board

• Shoulder Pain/Hand Tingling

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-31-2019, 09:39 AM   #1
    marieswift
    (female)

marieswift HB User
    Shoulder Pain/Hand Tingling

For the past few weeks I have had pain in my right shoulder - it feels like it's at the joint. It hurts moving my arm different ways. Sometimes my right hand tingles but I do not have pain in my hand. Can this be Carpal Tunnel? or would i have hand pain? Could it be a pinched nerve in my shoulder?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2019, 12:24 PM   #2
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User
    Re: Shoulder Pain/Hand Tingling

Hi Marieswift,

Could you have possibly pulled a muscle in your shoulder? If not, it could just be arthritis, which can cause some pain in the limbs. Do you take any OTC pain meds for it? I think you should call and make a doctor appointment and get a full physical. That should ease your mind. I hope the pain ceases and that you have good health .

Old 01-01-2020, 07:16 AM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

It absolutely can be a pinched nerve OR carpal tunnel.

I have the same thing and mine is caused by a herniated disc in my cervical spine (up by the neck) which pushes on a nerve. I have chosen to do nothing more than PT exercises and I am not considering surgery at this point.

The only way to find out is to see an orthopedic doctor who can order a CT scan or MRI and tell you what is going on...

In the meantime, try changing the way you sleep- maybe use a different pillow..sometimes this helps. Try sleeping on your back with your neck supported. Watch your posture and try not to slouch...all of these small things can help with the pain. But you are going to need to see a doctor to find out what is causing it.

Old 01-01-2020, 06:20 PM   #4
    jfms99
    (male)

jfms99 HB User

I had that about three years ago and that I had some kind of shoulder problem. Turns out because I am a Type II Diabetic I had a Frozen Shoulder. It comes and finally goes away in one or two years. Wasn't anything I could really do for it.

Have that checked out by a orthopedic doctor.

Reply Reply