It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board

• What's wrong with my shoulder?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-22-2020, 09:51 AM   #1
    layman100
    (male)

layman100 HB User
    What's wrong with my shoulder?

I have been having problems with my shoulder for 3 months. I think it is my rotator cuff (subscapularis tendon, to be specific). Hoping to get some insight on here, as I cannot see a doctor for this matter due to COVID.

As for background, I am in my late 30s, physically active, no major health problems. I did not have any traumatic injury to my shoulder, nor do I participate in any throwing or racket sports. I do weight lift regularly though.

I have 90% of my range of motion pain free, and I can live my daily life just fine. I can even do exercises like push ups, bicep curls, and dips with minimal pain. Weighted overhead movements hurt though, as do a few other weighted movements. I have a clicking feeling when I laterally raise my arm - it seems to happen less frequently now, than it did 2 weeks ago.

I looked online, and it seems that the 3 tests for subscapularis are the bear hug test, the lift off test, and the belly press test. I can also do the bear hug test just fine, and I can do the lift off test without resistance. If you add resistance to the lift off test, it hurts a little, but I can still do it. It's the belly press test that hurts to do. Sometimes it hurts more than other times. The pain seems to be at the back of my shoulder joint. it also seems like there is a muscle there that is extremely tight.

Can anyone help me shed light on this, since I won't be able to go to an ortho for at least another 6 weeks? Also, do MRIs of the shoulder typically involve contrast?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply