It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board

• Sholder & Upper Arm Pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
    thewelshboy
    (male)

thewelshboy HB User
    Sholder & Upper Arm Pain

For several month now I have been experiencing pain in the shoulder and upper left arm. This is often accompanied with "Pins & Needles" in my hand.
    I have tried various forums, but cannot find my particular symptoms. (It is not "Frozen Shoulder")
    If am active, walking , playing golf ect. I am aware of a pain but not enough to bother me.
    But when I sit down, the pain really bothers me, and this last couple of weeks it has begun to keep me awake at night. There is no position I find will ease the pain.
    The muscle in the upper arm is quite painful when pressed. The shoulder itself there is a little pain when pressed but not a lot.
    I am able to move my arm up/down/left right with no problem. It just seems to come on when sitting and to some extent now when lying down. for instance now sitting typing this, it is really painful. At times I am forced to stand and move around which does seem to ease it.
    Any comments would be appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
    Re: Sholder & Upper Arm Pain

Hi,
    It sounds like a Nerve pain or muscular.
    Do you use this arnm when playing Golf, if so I would rest it for awhile if I was you.
    Un fortunately there is not a lot of medication for Nerve pain apart from the usual painkillers. You could try a muscular rub-in cream to see if it helps.
    Hope you find an answer,

Solofelix.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
    thewelshboy
    (male)

thewelshboy HB User

Thanks for your considered reply Solo. It's very much appreciated.
    Not sure where to go from here.
    For various other reasons I have not played golf for over two weeks now.
    Yet the pain seems to be worse?
    Maybe I have a trapped nerve? Maybe I need some physo?
    Maybe I need to excerise the arm rather than "rest" it?

Old 06-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
    sjb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi there welcome to the health boards! An arthritis doctor might be able to give a proper diagnosis, if it happens to be bursitis which can cause a frozen shoulder from severe pain a person might want to know for sure so the B vitamins which have helped some people with it can be used or more foods containing those vitamins at the very least. Some doctors say that some types of synthetic vitamins may cause cancer.

There are also some foods such as turmeric, cherries and pineapples which are known to help with inflammation. Sometimes canteloupe has helped some people a bit. Nightshade plants may cause some people problems. I would not avoid motion just because of pain, I would not however participate in something that aggravates it such as golf because sometimes certain activities cause certain types of injuries inside. Walking would be a good substitute exercise outside in sun and fresh air.

A sports doctor or physiatrist might be another type of doctor to consider seeing for diagnostics. I would not want x-rays however if it can be helped as radiation can cause cancer. I would personally not want most of the medications either as many can cause severe side effects and body problems later. sjb

Old 02-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #5
    guinivere
    (female)

guinivere HB User

Shoulder impingement? Go see your doc. Mine started the same way. They thought shoulder impingement but after steroid and toradol shots and 2 months of pt it is still bad. Had to have MRI done today to see if it is torn rotator cuff. Torn rotator cuff can start with impingement and if not taken care of can lead to the tear.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:30 AM   #6
    hildygirl14
    (male)

hildygirl14 HB User

what is everyone trying for pain . Hubby has to have both shoulders replaced and not quite ready to do it...

Closed Thread

Tags
    pain, shoulder, upper arm