It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• It's Now or Never!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-09-2004, 09:57 PM   #226
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User
    Re: It's Now or Never!

Yes, that would be very exciting if they want you to participate!

Yeah, I have to agree about enemas. I hear of people who do them constantly, or who add them into every cleanse they pursue...and that just seems to worry me a bit. I feel like the psyllium should be just fine for me...so that is what I will go with. My only other concern is whether I should include the Epsom Salts, what do you think? Well, I'm thinking I may do a flush on the 21st (which is a Friday), because I am supposed to have a few days off from work starting the 19th...so anytime within that range would be fine with me....of course, so would anytime after that. But really, I have not set a date yet. If you, or anyone else can think of a good time to do one...count me in .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2004, 05:27 AM   #227
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

I think if we are all going to do a liver flush, choosing the right one will be very important as there are so many out there that range from mild to heavy flushes. I definitely agree about not using Enemias, there is no way I am going to use those things...Psyllium is the best option.

Meagan, have you started doing the P&B shakes again with the hope of getting out MP this time round or just helping out your digestive system?

While doing the bowel/parasite cleanses, I'm going to start cleaning out my liver with these herbal teas/tinctures before actually carrying out the full liver flush. If I have any large gallstones I think it would be better to dissolve them over a long period of time than just by flushing them out all at once and risking one getting stuck which is very possible. I'll let you know how the herbal teas/tinctures go when I start taking them.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prometheus
    No I actually have no idea what is in the tonic I drink for my liver. Boy am I trusting. I have heard good things about certain herbs for the liver, though.
    ROFL! Prometheus that's so funny, how come you don't know what's in your liver tonic? Where did you buy it from?

Regarding my allergies, well I have stopped eating all foods that I am allergic to (originally being dairy, sugars, processed food etc.) but now whatever I eat I can get an allergic reaction and you know the diet I follow. So it is worrying for me, I just hope these cleanses knock out my allergies but I'm not sure they will. I was born with allergies unfortunately and they have only got worse since getting older

Indy, it seems like you will gain the most benefits from the cleanses. From what you have written so far, your skin is showing great improvements. A liver flushes will probably totally resolve any remaining problems. But I still think it is a good idea to do P&B shakes at the same time as Paragone because they help the system force out any toxins stimulated by Paragone. I haven't experienced any headaches, psoriasis or mouth blisters probably because I was doing at least 2 shakes a day during Paragone.

Last edited by Neca; 05-10-2004 at 05:30 AM.

Old 05-10-2004, 05:46 AM   #228
    Demi1960s

Demi1960s HB User

dear friends
    could you please tell me what psyllium is
    just describe

Old 05-10-2004, 06:05 AM   #229
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Demi1960s
    dear friends
    could you please tell me what psyllium is
    just describe
    Demi, Psyllium seeds and their husks are used to ease constipation and digestive system problems because they are high in soluble fibre. We use Bentonite Clay and Psyllium 'shakes' to cleanse our bowels; the Bentonite clay absorbs ALL intestinal toxins and the Psyllium bulks up these toxins to help flush them out through our bowels.

Old 05-10-2004, 08:28 AM   #230
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

Hey Neca! Well actually I began my bowel cleansing again because I am determined to get MP out, and to prep a bit for my liver flush...so this one will be a more extensive, and thorough cleansing. I did get out some nasty things with my previous short bowel cleanse and parasite kill, but I was only doing 1-2 P&B shakes a day, and I feel like there is more I could get out than what I was . My only 2 questions as of now is whether I can do a liver flush sometime while doing this bowel cleanse since I have modified my diet, have done a parasite kill, and have done a small bowel cleanse before....I think it would be safe enough to proceed with a liver flush...and I don't think it would cause any problems doing it while doing the bowel cleanse considering I want to get out the toxins very fast afterwards anyhow. My other concern is whether to use the Epsom Salts or not. I hear that they are very hard on your kidneys, and I don't want to cause any more strain on my body than I have to. So if anyone has any suggestions regarding those two, let me know!

Neca, that is terrible that your allergies are seeming to get worse . All I can say is don't give up. I would do an extensive bowel cleanse (which I think you are pursuing now), and then do a liver flush, and see where you need to go after that. If I end up doing the liver flush soon, I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Take care!

Old 05-10-2004, 10:29 AM   #231
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MsMeaganMay
    I did get out some nasty things with my previous short bowel cleanse and parasite kill, but I was only doing 1-2 P&B shakes a day, and I feel like there is more I could get out than what I was .
    Heya Meagan, ahh I see you are determined to get out all that Mucoid Plaque. Good to hear ! I do think to effectively get the stuff out we need to be doing at least 3-4 shakes a day. I have been doing the bowel cleanses for at least 5 weeks now and still no OFFICIAL positive sign of MP...just hints of the stuff and that's only doing 2 a day. It's just so difficult to consistently do 3 or more a day.

Quote:
    My only 2 questions as of now is whether I can do a liver flush sometime while doing this bowel cleanse since I have modified my diet, have done a parasite kill, and have done a small bowel cleanse before....I think it would be safe enough to proceed with a liver flush...and I don't think it would cause any problems doing it while doing the bowel cleanse considering I want to get out the toxins very fast afterwards anyhow.
    If you were to ask my opinion on this I would have to say I'm not too sure it is especially safe to undertake BOTH bowel and liver cleanses at the same time. That may put an incredible stress on your system and internal organs and considering your intestinal tract is still lined with so much MP, there probably won't be much space for any/all gallstones to pass through hence possibly causing a blockage. You could probably do mini-flushes to 'prep' your liver. Try and see if there are any posts on the net where people have done both cleanses at the same time.

Quote:
    My other concern is whether to use the Epsom Salts or not. I hear that they are very hard on your kidneys, and I don't want to cause any more strain on my body than I have to. So if anyone has any suggestions regarding those two, let me know!
    Yeh, I have also read several contrasting things about Epsom Salts. Some people say they work great at relaxing the ducts so that the stones can pass through easily while others (notably Dr. Richard Anderson) strongly discourage using EP: "Although magnesium sulfate is effective at moving the bowels because of its extreme toxicity, it will also calcify your epithelium wall, partially destroy your digestive tract, and use up valuable electrolytes. Epsom Salt is extremely destructive to the entire digestive system." I'm not too sure how true that statement is but it certainly doesn't sound too good.

If I do a liver cleanse I'm not going to use EPs. I think I am going to purchase one of the liver cleanse products off the same company that make ParaGONE but I'm not too sure how effective these are...I'll look into it. Meagan I thought you were going to do liver flushes originally using Grapefruit and Olive Oil? How come you aren't thinking about doing that anymore, I have read several great results from using that mixture.

Quote:
    Neca, that is terrible that your allergies are seeming to get worse .
    I know it sucks I hope they don't keep getting worse because I have never ever had reactions like these. Hopefully I will get rid of them as soon as possible because they are so painful. Thanks for your support

Old 05-10-2004, 11:25 AM   #232
    indy gal

indy gal HB User

Quote:
    "Although magnesium sulfate is effective at moving the bowels because of its extreme toxicity, it will also calcify your epithelium wall, partially destroy your digestive tract, and use up valuable electrolytes. Epsom Salt is extremely destructive to the entire digestive system."
    Well isn't that reassuring! Actually, I was leaning more toward the herbal approach, or maybe even the grapefruit and olive oil one... I haven't done any research on ingesting epson salts, but I don't know how safe that might be. Olive oil and grapefruit could be feasable for me.

I printed out information on several different liver cleanses, and still have lots of reading to do (and at least 2-3 weeks to think about what I want to do). It sure is nice to have the support and stories that you all provide here!

Old 05-10-2004, 01:17 PM   #233
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

Neca, there are two versions of the liver flush. One with olive oil, grapefruit, and epsom salts...and then the one with just olive oil and grapefruit. Most people do the epsom salts to help everything pass through....but I've read different opinions regarding the use of them. I will most likely not use them. As for the liver cleanse product by Renew Life, it isn't the same as a liver flush, but that does not mean that it might not still be a good product (although I haven't really checked into what it's made up of). I considered it at one time...but, I would really like to do a liver flush sometime. I will probably try a few mini flushes before doing the liver flush, but at some point, I will do a full flush. Anyhow, good luck to everyone in deciding which version/method you wish to proceed with .

As for the bowel cleanse mixed with the flush, I'm not certain on all of that. I do know that some people flush without doing a bowel cleanse/parasite kill first, I also know that others flush and then do P&B shakes and continue with them. There are so many methods of cleansing and different opinions on what you should and shouldn't do. It's all up to each individual, which is a good thing and bad thing . I've been reading through info for awhile now making up my mind on certain details and aspects of each of my cleanses...but most likely I will wait until my full bowel cleanse is over and then proceed with a full flush....but in the meantime I will probably try one or two mini flushes.

Old 05-10-2004, 05:19 PM   #234
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

Neca, what do you mean you are born with allergies? You got the antibodies from your mother's milk? Actually I don't really know the diet you follow. In order to get rid of acne you have to get rid of what causes it...cleanses alone will not do it. Cleanses are a waste of time alone, if you ask me. I don't mean to discourage anyone. For instance, you can't eat dairy in moderation or occassionally here or there. Gluten is different for some, but if you still have acne you should probably not eat any gluten at all. You say you don't eat breads dairy etc..but I don't know what this means since you've also said that eating not so good things in moderation is very good and keeps your body from becoming too clean and allergies from getting worse. If you still have acne there is something in your diet that needs to be removed...maybe look at the list again. I don't know.

About allergies, though..I bet if you moved to a less polluted area they would get better. Research pollution and allergies. The thing with food allergies is..the only way you can get new food allergies is if the food particle gets into your blood stream..the only way the food particles can be getting into your blood stream are through leaks in your intestines, which can be caused by NSAIDS, aspirins such as Tylenol, and other medicines.

Last edited by prometheus; 05-10-2004 at 05:21 PM.

Old 05-10-2004, 05:47 PM   #235
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

Quote:
    Yes, that would be very exciting if they want you to participate!

Yeah, I have to agree about enemas. I hear of people who do them constantly, or who add them into every cleanse they pursue...and that just seems to worry me a bit.
    Yes. I think they are addicted.

Quote:
    I feel like the psyllium should be just fine for me...so that is what I will go with. My only other concern is whether I should include the Epsom Salts, what do you think?
    all I know of the epsom salts is that they help things move through. i think they would be a good idea?

Quote:
    Well, I'm thinking I may do a flush on the 21st (which is a Friday), because I am supposed to have a few days off from work starting the 19th...so anytime within that range would be fine with me....of course, so would anytime after that. But really, I have not set a date yet. If you, or anyone else can think of a good time to do one...count me in .
    what do you think about this weekend Meagan? the rest of my weekends for this month have engagements that really wouldn't go well with liver flushing, hehehe.

Old 05-10-2004, 09:05 PM   #236
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by prometheus
    Yes. I think they are addicted.
    Yeah, that is the reason I don't frequent ******** to often. Don't get me wrong, they have some great info there. But, alot of people on the forums tend to go way overboard with enemas, and there are also many on there who cleanse and cleanse and cleanse in place of changing their diet (and I don't seem to find too many people on there who have completely cut out processed foods etc). I don't think that someone should be doing enemas constantly (unless like you said, they are necessary, and only then), and I don't think people should go on eating diary, refined/processed foods, etc. and feel that they can just "cleanse" it all away. But those are just my honest opinions .

Quote:
    all I know of the epsom salts is that they help things move through. i think they would be a good idea?
    Yeah, I hear they are a good idea, because obviously...they move things through. I was just worried because I've read a few things saying that they are a little harsh on your kidneys. I think the flush would probably go better with them, I guess that may end up being a last minute decision of whether I decide to use them or not. But, as far as using them goes....I think they definitely decrease the chances of a stone getting stuck...or so I've read.

Quote:
    what do you think about this weekend Meagan? the rest of my weekends for this month have engagements that really wouldn't go well with liver flushing, hehehe.

Well if this weekend is good for you, then it's good for me . Is Saturday okay?

And Neca, Prometheus is right about not always achieving results if you don't completely eliminate things. If I even have a touch of dairy, I will see it for the next month on my skin. I do believe alot of my tolerances for things may have gotten better since cleansing, and I hear that it can get better for many people...so I guess that is good news for those who are interested. The thing that worries me the most about people healing their problems with cleansing though is that most usually add the "bad" foods back into their diet that they eliminated the first place...since they can "tolerate" them more. Alot of times though, they just end up in the same boat the started out in.

Old 05-11-2004, 05:42 AM   #237
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

Harsh on the kidneys? hmm. how harsh?

Yes and a lot of people think that they can cure their problems with cleanses alone and that diet is not a factor, because if their liver was functioning "well enough" or their bowels were functioning correctly they could eat whatever they wanted. it's just not true.

Old 05-11-2004, 08:19 AM   #238
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

Quote:
    Neca, what do you mean you are born with allergies?
    As far back as I can remember I have had allergies. My mother said I started developing infrequent allergies when I was around 5 or 6.

Quote:
    Actually I don't really know the diet you follow. In order to get rid of acne you have to get rid of what causes it...cleanses alone will not do it. Cleanses are a waste of time alone, if you ask me.
    You do know the diet I follow. I have outlined it so many times on these boards and have posted several suggestions to people of the diet acne sufferers should follow.

Of course cleanses are a waste of time if you just eat mucuous forming foods. I hardly think it would be productive for me (or others on this board reading this) to claim I am going to heal myself naturally through cleansing and at the same time eat a junkfood diet. If I knew what was causing my acne do you think I would still be consuming such a product? It would be out of the window and I would never look back.

Quote:
    You say you don't eat breads dairy etc..but I don't know what this means since you've also said that eating not so good things in moderation is very good and keeps your body from becoming too clean and allergies from getting worse. If you still have acne there is something in your diet that needs to be removed...maybe look at the list again. I don't know.
    I made the recommendation to people that if you want to avoid allergies developing in the future, you should not entirely wipeout every 'bad' food or not so good foods from our diet. Occasionally eating not so good foods like red meat, eggs, pure chocolate, cheese etc. will help the body develop a strong immunity to these foods thus retaining the antibodies in the body's memory banks. If you discontinue consumption of foods I described above then you run the risk of getting a serious allergic reaction in the future if your body was to encounter any of them unexpectantly.

However, this theory is of course not so good for acne sufferers because it rekindles toxins when these not so good foods are ingested thus causing skin eruptions and mucous that can take weeks-months to fully excrete from the body. So it is a vicious circle.

But my diet is so 'pure' now (and has been for 3 years) that I am afraid my allergy tolerance level is from low and weak. I eat only organic foods; fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, oily fish, small portions of chicken. I don't eat any high carb foods like pasta, rice, bread etc. nor do I eat dairy/eggs foods nor do I eat any foods containing extrinsic sugars.

I cannot blame my diet any longer for causing my acne. There is definitely something else and in my eyes it is hormonal. Yes eating the right foods HELPS balance your hormones but honestly I believe my natural hormonal imbalances by far outweighs any counter-balancing aids from my diet.

Quote:
    About allergies, though..I bet if you moved to a less polluted area they would get better.
    I agree with this. I think if I were to live on a farm the majority of my allergies would disappear and there are several journals detailing this.

My fear is that it does seem odd that since starting these cleanses I have had a huge surge in allergic reactions so of course I have to question whether or not being internally 'clean' has created this surge. It is almost clear cut that it has as I have not changed anything else.

But thanks for your insight, I appreciate it.

Quote:
    The thing that worries me the most about people healing their problems with cleansing though is that most usually add the "bad" foods back into their diet that they eliminated the first place...since they can "tolerate" them more. Alot of times though, they just end up in the same boat the started out in.
    I wouldn't go through the stress and effort of weeks/months of cleansing to ruin it all at the end of it by going back to my old teenage diet just because I experience the illusion of being acne free one day.

Moreover, I have been on my current diet for such a long period of time that I can only crave foods that are consistent with it.

Nuts/seeds are my chocolate craving
    Chinese Green tea is my coffee craving
    Home-made fruit salads are my cake cravings
    Lemon juice/water is my Sprite craving
    Carrots are my biscuit craving

My body is so accustomed to this diet that it doesn't even trigger the taste for candy bars, junkfood, pasta, pizza etc. So once I finish my cleansing, I will continue with what I have been eating at the present time. I see no reason to change. I am now much better educated regarding all the chemicals/junk that is incorporated in society's quick fix foods and easy access foods to even think about consuming them.

Good luck with your Liver/Epsom cleanse, please be careful and take it easy Meagan...

Last edited by Neca; 05-11-2004 at 08:21 AM.

Old 05-11-2004, 09:48 AM   #239
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

Neca, I am in no way trying to criticize the diet that you follow...but, I do know in the last month or so you said you drank with some friends (I believe you said wine..., is this something you do normally?), and I've also seen you mention that along with eating fish and organic chicken, lamb, etc..you also eat some organic red meat. Now, I don't know about you..but I know that animal protein gives me a really hard time. I think my body tolerates fruits and vegetables the best out of everything. Anyhow, back to the point... Eating too much animal protein (even if I take in meat 2-3 times a week) can cause problems for me. Since bowel cleansing, I don't think it is as big of a problem as before, but it is still a problem. So, therefor, I only eat meat once a week usually. Another thing I noticed that you mentioned was eating mushrooms. I have had a few friends who have had problems with mushrooms, so maybe that could be similar in your situation? Also, in previous posts you had mentioned that you never saw a problem with cooking with olive oil. I'm not sure how long it has been since you have cooked with this, but if you have within the last 3 years, then no, you haven't followed this diet "exactly". You had also mentioned taking a course of antibiotics either earlier this year or sometime last year (I can't seem to remember the date you said, so I'm sorry if I am off!), which could possibly have effected the rate in which your body is healing. Have you taken other medication for the past 3 years? Once again, those can effect you. As I said before in my last post...many of these cleanses will bring symptoms and problems to the surface...but in order to get rid of them, that is sometimes necessary. Good Luck with what you decide to do next. I think you should go get a blood test if you are worried about it being your hormones. I'm sure it will relieve alot of stress in knowing your cause and whether or not it is caused by a hormonal imbalance. Maybe it will help point you in the right direction. I still think you should continue with your bowel cleanse, and also pursue a liver flush..or two..or three... .

Prometheus, as for Epsom Salts being harsh on the kidneys, it was just something I read from other people who have done the liver flush. Alot of people have reported no problems with them and always flush with them, but I've seen others who have mentioned experiencing kidney pains in the days after the flush.

Old 05-11-2004, 10:33 AM   #240
    hipmama

hipmama HB User

Hey everyone---

I didn't fall off the face of the earth--but it feels like it. If you remember, I was scheduled to start my cleanse on Saturday. But Friday at 3:00 a.m. I had to call my boss to take me to the emergency room. (I live alone and had no one else to take me). I had been throwing up for 6 solid hours and was afraid I might pass out and who knows what. Anyway, long story short, I spent the weekend in the hospital. Not fun. It felt like a cruel joke when I had just restructured my eating and was ready to cleanse. The xrays and ct-scan showed an obstruction (and LOADS of old feces: surprise, surprise). Now my boss is an alternative chiropractic and frankly shuns invasive medical treatments, so obviously he wasn't wanting me to have surgery. I ended up being discharged b/c nothing was conclusive, I didn't want surgery & things calmed down after 2 days on iv fluids. I haven't moved my bowels since Friday and I'm worried about that. But I'm not sure I should start the cleanse until my system is recovered. Any suggestions? Also for gentle foods to eat in this phase? The MD's recommendations are all acne triggers...

hipmama

Closed Thread