It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Lumbar Fusion Question, Instrument Removal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-10-2003, 10:29 AM   #16
    L5S1
    (male)

L5S1 HB User
    Hi Baxter

I am sorry you cannot see another doctor sooner or get answers from your doctor. I know exactly what you are going through!!!! Since your doctor has already mentioned the screws are rubbing against the muscle, why is he not interested in removing the hardware now? I know my doctor was a little concerned about removing the hardware after 7 months because he could not tell 100% from the x-ray I was completely fused. He even mentioned putting larger screws in if I was not fused. My doctor said from the x-ray I looked fine, but when he operated on me he found the screw to be loose. Unfortunately, there is not a test which can 100% tell what you are feeling. I can tell you if the hardware is removed, it is nothing compared to having the fusion. I was very aprehensive about having the hardware removed because of the pain from the first surgery but I was walking around in the hospital without any assistance the night the hardware was removed.

I will pray you will be able to find a way to no longer have back pain [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif[/img]

Take Care
    2 Nerve Root Blocks (no effect)
    L5/S1 Posterior Fusion with hardware (no BAK cages due to lack of disk space) - August 2002
    Right side hardware removed due to loose screw and rod rubbing against facet joint - March 2003
    Sciatica returned 8/03 - Tried Neurontin and Elavil - Eased sciatica but could not tolerate medicine.
    11/03 MRI of cervical and thorasic spine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2003, 11:57 AM   #17
    BAXTER
    Inactive

BAXTER HB User
    Hi L5S1,

Good question, that was the very first thing that popped out of my mouth.

I was told that the swelling is what is causing the muscles to rub on the screws. There is just not any extra room in that part of my back. Once the swelling subsides, they feel like it will give the muscle more room to move freely, and it "should" stop the spasms as well.
    It's very weird, but I don't even feel the spasms [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif[/img] Maybe because I keep at the same pain level, I just don't notice them [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif[/img]
    I don't have the usual spasm feel, he says that is because of the swelling surrounding the muscle, and I'm not getting the same sensation as I would have pre-op.

The swelling is very prominent, it is very tender to touch that whole area (it runs across the whole top of the butt area, or should I say low back area.
    Some days, it seems to ball up in the middle, like I have a softball below the skin.
    I used to refer to it as my camel hump.

I still don't understand why they just can't drain the whole damn thing with a needle (I'm game for that).
    They tell me it has to happen naturally.

If I didn't have a history of swelling problems, I'd be breaking some doctors door down until they helped me.

I had three knee surgeries within a seven month period (same knee)(long story, I never followed the docs orders and returned to work after 1-2 weeks, instead of staying off of it for six weeks, each time)
    All three times, I had to have the knee drained several times, it just keep filling back up with swelling.
    What baffles me now, is this is the very first time I followed their orders to a "T", and I still have problems !!

Maybe when I get 7 months post-op like you were, they will be more apt to do something for me then.
    I do hate the thought of still dealing with this at seven months !!

On one hand, I want it removed today, then on the other hand, seeing how I have a history of swelling, something is telling me to hold off for now. Maybe they are right, unfortunately, I will just have to deal in the meantime.

The whole damn thing just drives me nuts [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif[/img]

Physically I feel the same today, but mentally I'm doing so much better, the support and encouragement you all have given me, is the one thing that keeps me together.

I'm so grateful to all of you, and hope that each and every one of you also finds total pain relief

I think then, we all should have one serious party [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif[/img]

Please get well soon, and have a super day

Take Care,
    Baxter [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img]

------------------
    Two level laminectomy fusion L5-S1 & L2-3 done on 12/6/02.
    Fifteen inch scar from the very top of butt crack (sorry), to the bra line.
    BAK cages, rods & screws.(Titanium)
    My pelvic bone was used for grafting.
    Praying that the other two discs in between, won't have to be fused later, as I was told it was a possibility, due to the other two discs in between, not being in that great of shape.
    Doc didn't want to fuse four levels, unless it is really necessary.
    I would hate to repeat the surgery, as the recovery period, is so very painful.
    I also have a free fragment in my T11-12 area, that I'm still refusing surgery for, at this point in time.
    That surgery is way too dangerous for me to consider, until if affects my being able to walk.

Old 04-10-2003, 01:23 PM   #18
    L5S1
    (male)

L5S1 HB User
    Hi Baxter

For an online party, maybe we can coordinate a time when we take our pain medication together LOL!!!

What is your pain and swelling like when you stand or walk? When I stood or walk, I could feel the swelling increase and then it would increase along the spine. In addition, I could feel my muscle begin to increase in tightness and pain which would radiate into my hip.

Did the doctor suggest when he would evaluate your condition? Maybe if he gave you an estimate of when he feels you should no longer have post-op symptoms, it might help you know that relief maybe forthcoming!!! One thing which has been great with my doctor is that I can communicate directly to him by email. Whenever I have emailed him, he usually responds within a couple hours (usually a little longer when he is in surgery). It is difficult to be able to get through the receptionist; nurse; nurses assistant; golf caddy; etc. before you can leave a messgage for the doctor to call you back I do not know if you can ask him if there is a way you can communicate with him on a regular basis which he might respond quickly to you. This might be a way for him to change medication or try alternative treatments until he feels comfortable to remove the hardware. Just a suggestion!!!

I hope you get better soon [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif[/img]
    L5/S1 Posterior Fusion with hardware (no BAK cages due to lack of disk space) - August 2002
    Right side hardware removed due to loose screw and rod rubbing against facet joint - March 2003
    Sciatica returned 8/03 - Tried Neurontin and Elavil - Eased sciatica but could not tolerate medicine.

Old 04-10-2003, 03:52 PM   #19
    BAXTER
    Inactive

BAXTER HB User
    Hi L5S1,

Where's the party, your house or mine ? He-He
    I really like that idea, we'd probably all be zombies and fall asleep from the meds
    I guess we could all get our walkers back out and dance with those.

My big evaluation is in July, that will mark my lucky #7 (then, I'll be 7 months post-op)
    He feels strongly that I may need that long to see major improvements, as the swelling issue will take some time to tackle.
    I do see the physicians assistant on 4/30 though, so if I get worse, I can at least see somebody in person.
    The PA is just about certified to do surgeries himself, he's always in the operating room with my doctor now, and they have been together for along time now, so that makes me feel better.

I like the e-mail idea, I have noticed that a few others here have that option with their docs, it is something I will check into, thanks for the suggestion [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif[/img] I doubt he allows that, but it's worth a try. He is now on a 10 day vacation, totally fitting for a doctor !

I have great communication with the PA, he always calls me right back, even after he consults with the doctor, he calls me right back.

The pain you describe walking, is the same exact way I can describe mine, except when I walk now, it feels like somebody is walking behind me with their hands holding down my hips as I walk, not a tight hold, but enough where I notice it.
    The pain just recently started to go to the hip area, maybe in the last two weeks or so, so that was an added bonus I guess [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif[/img]

I like the Percocet, and I'm hoping that the Vioxx will also kick in soon, I had to beg him like a dog for that one, as they don't like fusion patients to use anti-inflammatories for several month post-op, they somehow interfere with the fusion process, but he is letting me take a chance to get the swelling reduced, seeing how they "tell" me I'm fusing great.

One good thing, tomorrow is finally Friday, my favorite day of the week when I can feel sort of normal (we meet friends at a bar), so I'm looking forward to having some kind of good end to this week.
    (No pain meds on Fridays for me, only the brown bottle kind) I'll be sure to have a few for you [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif[/img]

Thanks again for taking time out of your busy day, I hope you have a fun filled weekend planned, you deserve some fun

Take Care,

------------------
    Praying that the other two discs in between, won't have to be fused later, as I was told it was a possibility, due to the other two discs in between, not being in that great of shape.
    I also have a free fragment in my T11-12 area, that I'm still refusing surgery for, at this point in time.
    That surgery is way too dangerous for me to consider, until if affects my being able to walk.

[This message has been edited by BAXTER (edited 04-10-2003).]

[This message has been edited by BAXTER (edited 04-10-2003).]

Old 04-11-2003, 02:20 PM   #20
    cjsparrow

cjsparrow HB User
    Talking

Hey Baxter

So sorry to hear you are not feeling well. So when is this online party???

Well, I am now 4 months post IDET and not feeling so good myself. I even went to the ER last night [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I just don't get it. Back pain has been around so long. What is up with doctors not getting their sh*^ together and figure it out!

I mean, seriously, JFK had back probs. He was on Methadone, and had to take cortisone shots daily. He ran his Presidency from the White House bed practically!

I agree with Telzey on listening to your body. That is tough to do though. I completely understand the new doctor scenerio. It's not as if a new doc is just going to say, "allright, I'll take the hardware out, no prob." Ummmmmmmm well, a new doc would be pretty hesitant to go in where someone else started. The new doc wouldn't want the liability if something went wrong. In my humble opinion.

Anyway, I will say a prayer for you sweet Baxter Know that you are not alone. I feel pain 24/7. It is generally around a 8 on the pain scale.

Oh, you want to hear something funny?? When I was in The ER, the person in the room next to me was given Loratab. The doctor said "Now when you feel your pain go to a 3, take the Loritab" Ummmmmmm if I took my pain med when my pain is at a 3, then I would be taking pain meds every hour!!

It is tough stuff, I know, as I am right there with you, and have been for some time. Hang in there, and you will be okay!!!!!!

[img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img] cj

Old 04-11-2003, 04:33 PM   #21
    franjo
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

franjo HB User
    Baxter,

I had a lumbar fusion at age 10, then a thorasic fusion with rod instrumentation at age 12. I had those rods for nearly 20 years without a problem. In '87 they removed them, I'm still not sure why because they weren't causing me any problems, and now my fusion has deteriorated without the rod there for support. I'm looking at a future rod placement after my tethered cord surgery. I'll be only too happy to get those babies back.

I do know that after a major surgery like you've had, our bodies do weird things for awhile. After my second fusion, my back would get in a catch where I literally could not move anything but my fingers until it went away. I was once stuck on the toilet for three hours! My family had to use the neighbors' facilities. But that went away and I've never experienced it again.

I really know what you mean about the hyper-sensitive area in the low, low back. The slightest touch seems to go right to the bone? There's a name for that, but I can't remember what it is. I feel bruised all the time there. One time I got into my husband's truck and sat back on where the seat belt latch is. I lost all vision, temporarily, and was instantly nauseated. Fifteen minutes later, there wasn't a spot on my body that didn't ache, and I was laid up for five days afterward.

I'm sorry that you're having this pain. And I won't even try to advise you about whether the rod should go or stay. You've had some major furniture moved around...I would at least give it some more time and hopefully the swelling will subside to give you good results.

I can't really accurately answer your previous question about what tests are run before hardware removal, because when they removed mine, it was in tandem with a tethered spinal cord release, so I had the MRI and CT anyway.

I hope you have been able to find some relief. Try and rest as often as you're able. I pray that by your appt. in July, these sensations will have disappeared.

God Bless,

~Teri
    Spina-bifida occulta; Congenital Scoliosis (dextrorotatory and 'S' curve, 42 thorasic and 57 degrees lumbar); Meningomyelocele (split cord @ L1); Diastematomyelia (re-sectioned at L2-3); tethered cord @ S-3; cysts on cord; various developmental abnormalities of the spine: narrowing of all disk spaces, defects in posterior arches, ectasia of the spinal canal and dura, segmental disease, sclerosis in L. iliac bone and adjacent sacroiliac joint, unilateral osteitis condensans ilium, hypertrophic facet disease L4-5 and L5-S1.

Surgeries include, but not limited to:
    Lumbar fusion-1968
    Fusion with Herrington Rod instrumentation-1970
    Femoral osteotomy-1971
    Tethered cord release-1987
    Rod removal-1987
    Chiari-type pelvic osteotomy-1988
    Trochanteric osteotomy-1989
    Tethered cord release-2003
    Fusion with instrumentation with lots and lots of screws-2003

Old 04-11-2003, 04:35 PM   #22
    franjo
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

franjo HB User
    I always forget....

------------------
    Spina-bifida occulta; Congenital Scoliosis (dextrorotatory and 'S' curve, 42 and 57 degrees); Meningomyelocele (split cord @ L1); Diastematomyelia (re-sectioned at L2-3); tethered cord @ S-3; various developmental abnormalities of the spine.

Lumbar fusion-1968
    Femoral osteotomy-1971
    Rod removal-1987
    Spina-bifida occulta; Congenital Scoliosis (dextrorotatory and 'S' curve, 42 thorasic and 57 degrees lumbar); Meningomyelocele (split cord @ L1); Diastematomyelia (re-sectioned at L2-3); tethered cord @ S-3; cysts on cord; various developmental abnormalities of the spine: narrowing of all disk spaces, defects in posterior arches, ectasia of the spinal canal and dura, segmental disease, sclerosis in L. iliac bone and adjacent sacroiliac joint, unilateral osteitis condensans ilium, hypertrophic facet disease L4-5 and L5-S1.

Lumbar fusion-1968
    Femoral osteotomy-1971
    Rod removal-1987
    Tethered cord release-2003
    Fusion with instrumentation with lots and lots of screws-2003

Old 04-11-2003, 05:33 PM   #23
    L5S1
    (male)

L5S1 HB User
    Hi Baxter

I just returned from the doctor and he removed the staples. He reviewed the surgery and showed me on the xray how the hole for the loose screw was rounded out more than the other screw he removed. The doctor did mention that with the hardware removed, he can see the fusion better because the hardware does not block the image. He said my back look great and he could not see any other problems. He also said I could begin exercising immediately, so I took him up on the suggestion, and went to workout on the treadmill and exercise bike (I couldn't wait to see if there was any improvement!!!!). I took it easy for the first time, but I immediately noticed the pain level was less than prior to the hardware removal. I also noticed the swelling in my back was significantly less. I am very optimistic at this moment that my back pain will be hopefully eliminated [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif[/img]

I pray you will be able to find the cause of your pain and swelling [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif[/img]

Have a great weekend!!!

Old 04-11-2003, 08:20 PM   #24
    out2lunch
    Inactive

out2lunch HB User
    Hi Baxter, I'm so sorry I haven't been around so I could be here for you! I'm also so sorry to hear that you're having problems and that the swelling still hasn't gone down!
    I know the decision to keep or remove the rods etc. is yours to make and that to get another opinion wouldn't be til July either, but I was just wondering...why not make the appt for the second opinion now anyway? That way, if your current dr tells you something in July that you don't agree with, you'll have the other appt coming up shortly after? It always helps to get a second opinion right? There's certainly nothing to lose!! And this way you won't have more months to wait to get in to see this other dr.
    Please know that you're always in my thoughts and prayers! I'm sending you cyber (((HUGS))) and prayers as we speak! I truly hope that by May you see some type of improvement. Take care!!
    PS...does your dr know that you are planning on returning to work in May and how important it is for you to do so? Maybe if he doesn't and you told him, he'd see you now instead of July!
    Love ya girlfriend!! I only want to see you well!

------------------
    your friend, out2lunch

Old 04-13-2003, 01:12 AM   #25
    stilljustagirl

stilljustagirl HB User
    Hi!! I haven't been here in quite some time but it's nice to see you! You know, I didn't feel well at all four months post op. It's 10 months post op ( for the second procedure where they went through the back ) they broke my fusion up into two surgeries, and I do feel pretty good. L5/S1 for me as well, ( in case you don't remember). I don't feel great, but I do feel much better than before I had the surgeries. So, hopefully in time you will as well. I have had breast reduction surgery a couple of months ago which also helped me a great deal with back pain. ( I do like cosmetic surgery) it's much nicer, than the nightmares of back surgeries! Anyway, I do hope to hear from you soon. Be patient! It's very difficult, I know.
    Your pal,
    Jag

Old 04-13-2003, 10:51 AM   #26
    BAXTER
    Inactive

BAXTER HB User
    Happy Sunday Everybody,

Wow, you sure all made my day [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img] Thank You !!
    I really appreciate all of the advice, and especially all of the support, you are all the best, and I wish the best for you all

O.K. here goes, I hope I don't miss anything.

CJ,

I sure hope the E.R. did something to help you, are you feeling better now ?

Wow, a doctor that advises Lortab at a three pain level, I know what you mean, we'd all be junkies by now if we had that advice, I wonder what he's been smoking ???

I feel so bad that your pain is an eight, that must be so frustrating for you, and to think we actually thought these procedures would make us better Grrrrrr !

I never knew that about J.F.K. it's amazing to think he was able to work at all.

I hope that we are correct, and that time will make us better, you are right, they need to get their shi* together, they should at least explain the risks of these surgeries better.

Teri,

I hope your upcoming surgeries, can finally be the end of your back pain as well, it sounds like you have it worse than I. I wish none of us had to deal with any of this.

Even though I say I want the instruments out, I do realize the important role that they have in supporting the spine, that is another reason that I will give this more time, I just don't want to rush into a decision that I will regret later.
    You are correct in describing it as a major furniture move, it is highly invasive to the body.

Please keep us posted on how you make out, I wish the best for you.

Out2lunch,

I was going to schedule an appointment now, but after I thought about it, I have decided that it would be best to have the same doctor keep treating me.
    I know that probably sounds stupid, but I do have complete trust in him.

He is aware of me wanting to return to work on May 5th, he already said he'd give me more time off if I need it.
    My employer only keeps my health insurance active for six months, seeing how I'm appealing the LTD claim now, (no pay since 3/6) I just wouldn't be able to afford the COBRA insurance.
    I will be five months post-op in May, and don't really want to push the issue of staying out any longer if I don't have to, I can't afford to lose my job, and if that happens, I'd have no pay until SSD would be approved (that takes forever)
    My no fault claim has just about maxed out the $50,000 wage and medical bill limit, so I'd be on my own, and screwed without any insurance (I also cover my husband and son)

Thank you for the cyber hugs, I just sent you some also [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img]

Please let me know how you make out at the doctors this week, I hope they can give you something for breakthrough pain.
    Maybe our bodies will start to cooperate and then we can end this viscious cycle once and for all.

L5S1,

You keep up the good work, I think you made the correct decision by having the second surgery.
    You were correct, you knew something was wrong and stood up for yourself.
    I hope I get well on my own, but if I don't, I have all of that knowledge that you shared with me, and I will always be very thankful for that, you have helped me greatly.
    I think you are finally on your way to a total recovery, and I also want you to have the best life has to offer.

Less pain and swelling is the best news you could have hoped for, I hope you continue to have much success.

Jag,

I'm so glad that you are also feeling better now, I do remember our postings, and I'm so glad that you are back posting.

I only wish that damn L5-S1 area was not such a problem for all of us, figures it has to be an area that controls so much of our daily movements.

You have also given me much hope, just hearing that you are better post-op now, has helped me greatly.

You also keep up the good work, and then we can all say we were glad that we waited it out, it's just a shame that this whole process takes so very long.

I'm so thankful to have the opportunity to have you all in my life, I just wish it was on a more positive note for all of us.

One day soon, we will all be able to share success srories, I will keep fighting, and I hope you all do the same.
    We can never let this back pain win !! Never !!

I hope you all have a super day, I think we will be taking the dog for a walk today, the sun is out, so I better enjoy it while we have it.

Thank you all again, you are the very best, I wish each one of you the best life has to offer [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img]

Be Well,
    Baxter [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love2.gif[/img]

------------------

Old 04-13-2003, 10:37 PM   #27
    Telzey
    Senior Veteran

Telzey HB User
    Smile

Hi Baxter
    Just thought I'd drop in on this thread to wish you the best!!!!! I am out of advice (for now ) so I just want to wish you well. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure that soon you will be looking back on these days and finding it hard to believe it was so bad!

Good luck with your claims and LTD. What a hassle!!

I was on my feet all day today working so am a little sore at my disc. But nothing unbearable. Tomorrow I have another long day at work as well. It is exhausting but I am so happy to be able to work again. Soon you will be back at work as well!!!!!

Lots of love,
    [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img] Telzey

------------------
    4 years of back pain
    Annular tear L5-S1 diagnosed 5/02 via MRI
    IDET 12/2/02
    1/26/03 Posterior disc prolapse occurs after sitting too long after walking. Causes new pain down left leg.
    3/1/03 Leg pain reduced with exercises from the book "Treat Your Own Back" by Robin McKenzie.
    3/9/03 Lateral disc prolapse causes buttock and thigh pain and numbness.
    3/25/03 Successfully used McKenzie techniques to treat disc prolapse -- now pain free!
    1/26/03 Posterior disc prolapse occurs after sitting too long after walking. Causes new pain down left leg.
    3/1/03 Leg pain reduced with exercises from the book "Treat Your Own Back" by Robin McKenzie.
    3/9/03 Severe, new buttock and thigh pain and numbness starts.
    3/25/03 Used McKenzie techniques to treat buttock and thigh pain -- pain reduced
    4/4/03 Started physical therapy
    5/8/03 Still worse than pre-IDET, but showing slow improvement with PT, McKenzie exercises, yoga, and Hanna Somatics exercises
    5/30/03 PT suggests buttock and thigh pain may be from facet joint
    7/6/03 Still worse than pre-IDET due to leg and thigh pain and numbness, and have become so inactive I can't tell whether back pain is better. Can't stand for any length of time, can't walk long, run at all, or do any aerobic activity. I regret agreeing to the IDET and wish I had had more patience with the natural healing process of my disc!

Old 04-14-2003, 07:05 AM   #28
    BAXTER
    Inactive

BAXTER HB User
    Hi Telzey,

Thank you so much [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img] [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love2.gif[/img] [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img]

You know I wish the same for you, and I think about you every day

You have always given me great advice and support, that means the world to me [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img]

I worry about you working, I hope you are resting when you are feeling a flare (I know you are, I just don't want you to have any further problems)

I'm just like you, I can't wait to get back to work.
    I bet it took a few days for you to get back into the swing of things, but you sound so good to me, I think you are getting back to a normal routine.
    I worry about all of the things I may have forgotten at work, and all of the new procedures, but my co-workers are the best, and I'm sure they will help me out.

Please take it easy at work, you have to remember that you are still healing yourself.

I do think things will get better for all of us, I just have to go back and find my patience.

Have a super Monday !!

Take Care,

------------------

[This message has been edited by BAXTER (edited 04-14-2003).]

Old 04-14-2003, 10:33 PM   #29
    Telzey
    Senior Veteran

Telzey HB User
    Smile

Hi Baxter
    Thanks for your sweet post [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love2.gif[/img] I hope you are having a good day. Well, I don't feel quite normal now (I still have all the limits from pre-IDET) but I am so happy to be back at work it is OK.

I was worried too about my co-workers forgetting about me... but it was so great when I came back, everybody was so nice! [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love1.gif[/img] I'm sure you will find the same when you go back to work. People will be so happy to see you!

I was a little flared today (it was a long day at work, from 7:30am to 7pm) but it was just discomfort, nothing unbearable. I still really want to be 100% again though! But I am patiently waiting for the 6-month timeframe that the doctor tells me is when I can start exercising again.

I am doing some exceptionally gentle PT and some very mild yoga, and walking 1/2 hour - 1.5 hours each day. Not much activity! Mostly I stand or sit at my desk when I'm at work.

Anyway, I just got a chance to read some of your posts about your experience with that horrible woman at your doctor's office! GRRRRRR!!!! I think you should sue her! Sounds like she committed an illegal act out of spite (trying to defraud you and your LTD company). I think there is some major liability on the part of your doctor's office... if they don't fire her YESTERDAY!!!!! That really makes me mad to hear about something like that happening to such a nice and GOOD person like you!

I hope you get the snafu straightened out soon and get your checks. It is so rough to have to go through all this bureaucratic mess on top of having all the back pain!!!!

Anyway, you are in my thoughts and prayers as ALWAYS. Good night my dear.

Love,
    [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img] Telzey

------------------
    4 years of back pain
    Annular tear L5-S1 diagnosed 5/02 via MRI
    IDET 12/2/02
    3/9/03 Lateral disc prolapse causes buttock and thigh pain and numbness.
    3/25/03 Successfully used McKenzie techniques to treat disc prolapse -- now pain free!
    3/9/03 Severe, new buttock and thigh pain and numbness starts.
    3/25/03 Used McKenzie techniques to treat buttock and thigh pain -- pain reduced
    4/4/03 Started physical therapy
    5/8/03 Still worse than pre-IDET, but showing slow improvement with PT, McKenzie exercises, yoga, and Hanna Somatics exercises
    5/30/03 PT suggests buttock and thigh pain may be from facet joint
    7/6/03 Still worse than pre-IDET due to leg and thigh pain and numbness, and have become so inactive I can't tell whether back pain is better. Can't stand for any length of time, can't walk long, run at all, or do any aerobic activity. I regret agreeing to the IDET and wish I had had more patience with the natural healing process of my disc!

Old 04-16-2003, 01:18 PM   #30
    L5S1
    (male)

L5S1 HB User
    Hi Baxter

I hope you are feeling better How are you doing with PT.

Well I just came back from my PC physcian because I had developed a cough over the past few days and he confirmed I have pneumonia from the anesthesia. It seems like there is always something that prevents as to get 100% well.

I do hope you are feeling better [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif[/img]

Closed Thread