It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• After your last sub how long b4 u can take a vic?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-17-2004, 09:35 PM   #16
    WhiteDevils

WhiteDevils HB User
    Re: After your last sub how long b4 u can take a vic?

John:
    I am glad you just jumped in. l.o.l. I like to hear from everyone on this subject who has experience or advice. You know I quit vic's for the longest time using darvon. I was going through wd's and I had taken them of course they didn't give me the buz (my letter zz is broke so I have to omitt those try ur best to understand) I thought I od'd on them and didn't want anymore after that, went a couple days with nothing then I would carry just 1 with me all the time, just incase and to see how I am doing will power wise I did really good, but I got a call that someone had some and I went RUNNING! But darvocette's do honestly help with the wd's. The first couple days it doesn't feel like it, but it really does. I had more mental wrong then. Anyhow. I am now taking a few valium here and there and on the sub, is that ok? Is that dangerous. I don't want to start a new addiction, but I use then when I am stressed. Heck I don't even feel anything from them, I guess cause it is doing its job and working on stress not buss. l.o.l. I am anxious to hear what your doctor has to say, can you believe they wait so long to see you, when to us it is so importnat to be seen very soon like now! l.o.l. I don't get a buss from the sub, I actually took my 1 dose today at one time and haven't had one since, but in my mind if i would have had it with me i might have. I am confussed on it, but it is saving me from running everywhere in town right now and im not bussed. I still am not organised, on this sub i seem not to be able to concentrate on one thing. (maybe I have add, i dont' know, hope not!) I was taking about 10 hydros a day, that was a bad day, but it was getting worse, i could have taken more and probably gotten the high feeling, but i didn't. What happened with the order online? I thought they got rid of all those? I did order 1 time and then they shut it down. I will help you in any way I can if you help me. ok gotta read up and go to bed. night night

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2004, 04:31 PM   #17
    over
    Inactive

over HB User

Hey WD,

I wish they should shut down all OP (online pharmacies) and "internet doctors" bogus medical clinics. They are creating a nation of Vicodin addicts. All they do is practically hand out the meds to you. But then again, I had legit pain and my documentation for it was a couple years old, but they still accepted it. I was using 3-4 doctors and OPs at the same time! FedEX and UPS trucks were arriving every other day to my home. How pathetic a life I use to lead. AND NO, I will not tell you who they are! Not only that, I couldn't even care for my daughter. I actually live in So Cal, a student and a mother. I'm not in my 20s, in my late 30s.

WD, you were only taking 10 a day? You could have easily tapered and cold turkey instead of Subutex! Why did you decide to go that route?

I will be very honest with you. If I had to do it all over again, I would have been stronge, tapered or Cold Turkey. I have done tapering before and it does help tremoundously with withdrawls. However, You have to be STRONG. I apparently didn't last too long from being clean. But then again at that time, I wasn't taking 30+ a day. I was only at about 7 a day. I wasn't ready to quit.

The reason why I sound at times as an advocate for Sub, its because some people really, really need it. Addicts unfortunately have some many factors that have caused them to be addicts. If the Sub can save their life instead of ODing on 50 hydros, then obviously stay on the Sub.

It hasn't been easy whatsoever either way. When I got off the Subutex, (I dunno, maybe because I'm a woman) the withdrawls were two fold. It was hard! The withdrawls were longer. I suppose its because its long acting as oppose to hydros. Not only that, the Sub played mind tricks on me. It messed with my brain, in a weird way and I cannot explain it intelligiently. Michelle (john 3.) is right what her doctor said. It is a very strong drug. I CT before and the first day was bad, but I still went to a kids birthday party and survived it.

I have to be honest though that you don't sound quite like you are ready to quit as Michelle is. Michelle has been on this roller coaster a lot longer than I and she sounds very ready to be off it. You, however, haven't persuaded me yet. So you should stay on it until you are completely ready. You don't sound like you can taper off with hydros either. If you did that you probably will go back to it full force.

Don't worry about being on the Sub for too long. Stay on it and when you are ready to get off it, then TAPER off it. But to do a successful taper with Sub, you have to do it at the 36th hour and slowly let your body adapt to that , then lower your dose again. Look at TMB, he actually did it successfully without too much withdrawls. Don't be scared of it. If the Sub helps you stay off the hydros, then do it. When you are ready to quit ALL opiates , you will.

Another thing, stay off the Valium. Those are far more addicting. Before you know it, you'll be more in deep crap. Ask anybody here about benzos. They are worse than opiate abuse.

Its MIND over matter. As always in anything you do in life. You were 8 days clean before!

Take care and be strong. Post if you need anything. I'll be here for ya!

Last edited by over; 05-18-2004 at 04:44 PM.

Old 05-18-2004, 04:58 PM   #18
    WhiteDevils

WhiteDevils HB User

HI!

Today went pretty good. I had a good day and didn't think much of the Hydro's. Well still in the back (far back) of my mind. I don't want to go there again! I know you have doubt cause I have doubt. I want to quit and I hope to quit, but I said before I am done and I am done, but I didn't and I was mad at myself. I do have to say I planned when i was going to quit and have wanted to quit for at least a year now. So I am sorta hyped to do it! Also I think my insurance is going to pay some of the script. I will find out tomorrow for sure. Hope it is a good price that would relive me so much. I am about ready to fall asleep typing this. Sub makes me sleepy after a while. Groggy sleepy. GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!
    I know valium are worse etc. I don't care for them really. I just take them when I am under stress etc. that is only if I have them, I have about 6 right now and I am not taking one. They don't even do anything for me what so ever! Well they put me to sleep and I like pills that make me alert! HMMMM GO FIGURE. L.O.L.
    Yeah ordering on line wow can't believe you orderd from that many doc's. I did it one time and was scared but tickled I actually got my med's. My friend ordered some speeders off line and they ripped her off. I can say this, most druggies owe out money , my dealers owe me money. hmm??? No biggie I am not sweating it.
    ok I have to try and take a 10-15 min. nap or i am going to fall asleep face in the keyboard. Oh and 10 is allot to go through wd's. Really. I would suffer big time. I decided to go on sub cause it say'd it stopped the cravviiings. (which is my downfall)
    I like it so far, just the wd's are scaring me. I forget how long have you been clean and give me details on the wd's from sub? If my insurance pays for it I will stay on . ok I be tired. l.o.l. Oh and thanks for letting me know you are a female. Ha kindof hard to tell through a compter. l.o.l. NAP TIME I will be back later

Closed Thread