It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• It's Now or Never!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-16-2004, 01:06 PM   #271
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User
    Re: It's Now or Never!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by indy gal
    it looks like I could do it in a weekend, which is what I need.
    Great Indy, let me know how it goes if you do do it soon...not that I'm asking you to be the guinea pig or anything...just curious

Quote:
    Originally Posted by indy_gal
    the funny thing is that they are curing a lot faster than they used to back in the pre-cleanse days.
    You are now creating the optimum environment for your body to operate/function and it is no longer inhibited by over indulgences, heavy carbohydrates or sugars so your gonna be in for some great surprises . Just keep it up and your body will reward you.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by indy_gal
    LOL - Bentonite has become very near and dear to us, hasn't it. No, I haven't tried the mask yet, but it sounds like an interesting thing to try. What did you say you mix with it?
    I never realised how amazing this mineral is! Bentonite is a life's necessity or at least it should be! I have read loads of information about how a number of hospitals are currently using Bentonite clay to heal extreme skin disorders in Africa especially leprosy. They applied Bentonite to people who had huge open flesh wounds where the skin was totally absent. They did this over a period of months and documented the results by picture galleries on a number of websites. It's truly incredible to see the capability of this clay. The clay stimulated the skin to re-grow and now these people no longer suffer from such extreme skin disorders!

I just bought some Bee's Burt toothpaste (I think Meagan also has this brand) lavender mint flavour and that too has Bentonite in! Awesome!

The thing is, it's really important to find the RIGHT Bentonite to use as varieties do differ enormously from brand to brand. Not only in how it is excavated/refined but also where it is excavated from. It's also better to use the Calcium Montmorillmonite variety than the Sodium Montmorillmonite one. I've just ordered some clay that has been mined directly from Death Valley, California and is supposedly the best, most pure version available. I really wanna test this out.

Anyway anway.....on to the mask. All you need is some hydrated Bentonite clay and some Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (5% Acidity). The ratio to be used is about 3 parts Bentonite to 1 part Vinegar or if you want you can dilute it more and use 4 parts Bentonite to 1 part Vinegar. Mix both together and cover your face with a not too thin layer of the stuff. Leave it on for at least 2 hours and then wash off. You may have to use quite warm water to wash it off because it can be difficult to remove. I usually get it off in about 4 mins.

There are a few things that you need to note: firstly the results achieved are mostly dependent on both the quality of clay and vinegar used. Try and use as best as possible.

Secondly, you may experience redness just after you remove the mask. This last between 30mins-120mins. Also if you are sensitive to vinegar then just use the Bentonite on its own but the vinegar is great at killing the bacteria on your skin supposedly and maintaining your facial pH as low as possible

You may need to do the mask 4 or 5 days consecutively to truly obtain maximum results. I have been using the clay for about 10-12 days now and have no blackheads on my nose anymore and haven't experienced any whiteheads in this period of time. My red marks are less noticeable aswell.

Let me know if you need any more info before you do it...good luck and hope it works great !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2004, 04:11 PM   #272
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

You are always welcome, Neca. Yes quality oils are expensive...or I should say they were never "affordable" and were always a luxury. It could be the portions, Neca..that is a lot of meat. What foods were you eating that you were getting an allergic reaction to?

Indy,

We can have both. You just have to give your body enough time to start craving the new foods. I used to crave chocolate too.

Old 05-16-2004, 04:13 PM   #273
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

Wow Neca that is really interesting about the Bentonite clay. Ive heard of using maggots on wounds to eat away the dead flesh and help it heal.

Old 05-17-2004, 06:54 AM   #274
    hipmama

hipmama HB User

Hi all,

I am much better now. Even survived my weekend trip without succumbing to any junk food along the way. Following the paleo diet & this morning I got the thumbs up to start my cleanse from my boss/chiro. I can't wait! I just am so excited to attack my acne from the inside.

I have a question about the outside though. I read the recipe for the clay mask and I will start doing that. Should I be doing anything else for a topical remedy, or just focus on my diet and cleanse?

Thanks!
    Hipmama

Old 05-17-2004, 05:33 PM   #275
    indy gal

indy gal HB User

Hi Hipmama! That is wonderful that you were able to resist all temptations over the weekend! Good for you. Glad to hear you're feeling better too.

I don't believe that Neca, Meagan or Prometheus use any topicals (correct me if I am wrong guys!). I started using differin the same time I started witht the diet/cleanses. I was using it ever single night and now I am using it every other night. I want to slowly go off of it, and hopefully will be able to only need diet to maintain clear skin.

I haven't tried the clay mask yet either, so I can't help you out with that. Sorry!

Neca: How are your allergies doing? Any better? Anything interesting to report with your second half of paragone?

Meagan: How has your skin been holding up? Are you and Prometheus still doing the flush this week?

Old 05-20-2004, 06:31 AM   #276
    indy gal

indy gal HB User

Hey everyone, my mom called me the other day to tell me something she read in the paper. Apparently 3 brands of raw almonds have been recalled because of salmonella risk. None of them are brands that I buy, but I thought I would mention it here just in case:

Sunkist raw almonds
    Trader Joe raw almonds
    Kirkland Signature almonds

I don't know the lot numbers or anything, but if any of you have bought these brands of almonds, then you might want to look into it.

Old 05-20-2004, 03:27 PM   #277
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

Wow, it has been awhile since I have posted! I will have to go back and read all of the posts I missed! It just hasn't been my week. Instead of getting my time off of work, I am going to be overloaded with more work than usual and won't get to take my 4 days off . Not to mention I had my liver flush supplies bought and organized, somehow there is a leak in my ceiling, and I haven't had more than 2 hours of sleep per night for the last few days . Anyhow...on to the more important things ...

How is everyone doing?

I still want to flush, so if others have dates planned...just post them! With the way work has been going this week, if it keeps up like this, I may end up stuck doing it by myself lol. But regardless, I still plan on doing one and hopefully not to far in the future.

Neca...any progress? (Sorry if you have already posted about any, I still have to go backtrack through all of the posts )

Indy, how are you doing? Thanks for asking about me. Yes, my face is fine. Actually, overall, I'm not looking too great. But that is what overworking, lack of sleep, and too busy to stop for a break/food does to you I suppose! I haven't had much of an appetite due to being so busy, so I have mostly been eating grapefruits and beet juice for the past 3 days. Grapefruits because that's all I have been hungry for, and beets because my health food store had them on sale for 39 cents a pound! I don't care for the taste very much, but any sale produce goes right into my juicer, so I don't taste it for very long anyhow. Have you tried juicing any? Juicers are just too awesome. I couldn't live without one!

Prometheus, thanks so much for the info regarding the restaurants! I can't wait until I get to go and visit them...I also have a few more in other states I'd like to try as well! Not to mention that I have never been out of state (sad, but true) , so I can't wait to see other places in the U.S. and the all over the world. Texas (where I live) is a nice state, and I love the scenery and grass here...but I don't care much for the cows..and that's what most restaurants around here seem to focus on LOL. So, hopefully in the future, quality restaurants (that I would enjoy) will be more abundant! Until then I have only found 1 1/2 that I care to eat the food at!

Well, I need to go catch up on my sleep.

Take care everyone.

Old 05-20-2004, 06:16 PM   #278
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

Meagan!! Hey..

Where in Texas do you live?

Old 05-20-2004, 06:22 PM   #279
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

Indy,

Thanks for the warning.

Old 05-20-2004, 08:13 PM   #280
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

Yes, thanks for the warning Indy! I don't buy any of those brands, but I do know alot of people on this board are located in the northern parts of the U.S., which is where I think the Trader Joe's are at? So, definitely good info. to pass along. Exactly how do almonds become contaminated with salmonella? Hmm, very interesting...

Prometheus, I'm near Houston. Well, actually I'm more out in the "country" parts of Texas, but still fairly close to Houston. If you ever visit this area, bring some of that korean takeout with you . Infact, I wish you would visit this area....there are ALOT of people who could benefit from your knowledge! Especially my family, they have become the poster child for atkins. If it doesn't boast the atkins/carb friendly label, or its not bacon, cheese, or ranch dressing...it doesn't go into their refrigerators. Not a very smart move for my mother who has liver and kidney problems , but, my arguements against it just don't seem to turn out as good as yours do! lol

Neca, yes I did have burts bees toothpaste. It wasn't bad, and I liked the fresh taste it left in my mouth. Actually though, I just switched to a toothpaste with xylitol in it, and it also seems to clean better than the other. How are you liking it? What about the Aubrey Organics products...how are those working for you?

Take Care

Old 05-21-2004, 07:24 AM   #281
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

Ahh finally got my computer fixed! AGAIN! It got another bug grrr!

Anyway, glad I can now get back to posting Prometheus, yes they have used maggots for years trying to treat those skin disorders but Bentonite clay has been revealed to have many more advantages. Also, Prometheus you are right about not really needing to use oil to cook. I haven't cooked with any oils over past 3 or 4 days and haven't experienced any problems. You asked about which foods caused my allergic reactions...well I can't pinpoint any specific foods because I usually get an allergic reaction after eating any meal. To me, it seems like anything can cause a reaction now. About 5-10 years ago it used to be very specific things that would break me out like dairy products but now I can get an inflammation from virtually any food. It sounds weird and I just can't understand it. Moreover, my tolerance levels seem to vary considerably.

For example, last week for 5 days I didn't experience one allergic reaction and I have to say my skin really did start to look great. This week I have had allergic reactions almost everyday (but these allergic reactions are certainly fewer and MUCH less potent than during my first 15 day phase of paraGONE) and my skin looks TERRIBLE! During this time I have maintained exactly the same diet. Now there is a coincidence here: last week was the time I had my paraGONE break (but still continued with the P&Bs). Almost exactly to the day I resumed paraGONE, my skin started to look awful. I have also had a few minor side-effects which I never had during the first 15-days of paraGONE; minor stomach cramps, almost diahrrea like toilet habits and today just after I woke up I experienced a slight vomit sensation but in the end didn't actually vomit thank God. It's strange though, is the second phase of the parasite cleanse harder? Indy are you experiencing any of these symptoms? Has your skin changed during resumption of the cleanse? What are your energy levels like?

HipMama, I'm glad you are feeling much better..that's a relief I must ask, however, whether you think it is 'safe' to suddenly start a paleolithic diet? Your body has already given some warning signs to you suggesting that a quick adoption could cause problems. If your current diet entails eating alot of junk-food, processed food and high carbohydrates then I really can't stress the fact that you should take as much caution as possible. Jumping onto a new diet as well as pursuing quite a substantial cleanse is going to put your body through alot in a very short space of time.

I would suggest you go slowly and let your body adapt. Take a few weeks to gradually transfer your current diet to the new one that you want to follow. When you feel your body has settled down to this new one then you can introduce a cleanse. I'm really only trying to give you advice about this because I don't want you to go through ANOTHER bad experience like the one you originally had. Go easy on yourself, I know you want to get rid of the acne ASAP, we all do, but patience will bring this.

Indy, OMG those almond brands had Salmonella poisoning...crazy! I guess faeces from an animal already infected with Salmonella, infected the almond trees? Or maybe if the almonds were hand-picked, the picker (who may have been already infected) wasn't wearing gloves and passed on the Salmonella bacteria! Damn! Well this is why we have to be careful when eating raw foods.

WOW, Meagan! It seems like you have been completely rushed off your feet! You should get some rest! Two hours a night is insane. Your immune system needs to rebuild itself overnight and can't if you aren't getting enough rest. Whoever is making you do all this work should get their heads examined. Nothing is more important in life than our own health therefore do not sacrifice it. Also, eating only grapefruits/beetjuice?...God you don't even have time to prepare your meals. I used to be like that and realised one just cannot function properly. It is impossible, you HAVE to make time for THREE things in life no matter what: eating properly, sleeping properly and exercising properly! No matter what, we have to do them all. Please take it easy and relax a little. If you can't even do one of these (not wanting to do any of them is a different matter) then I would say speak to whoever is demanding all this work of you!

You've changed toothpaste? I been used Burt's for the past week and have to say it's quite good although you need to brush your teeth longer to get them properly clean as there is no lather. What's the brand you have switched to that contains xylitol? I have heard that Xylitol is supposed to be a much 'healthier' option on the teeth? If I am not wrong, didn't Sweetjade post something about xylitol?

I haven't had a chance to start on the Aubrey products yet but will do very soon. I have however been exercising my but off on my brand new rebounder hehe ! It's awesome! After doing only about 15 mins of bouncing, you can definitely see the difference your lymph system makes on it when it is activated! Apparently rebounding is the most efficient way to activate your lymph system's pump. It's supposed to be great for so many problems and in many cases can cure them: allergies (woohoo!), asthma, blood pressure, blood circulation, constipation, depression, diabetes, MS, ME, Osteoporosis, Premenstrual tension, SKIN HAIR NAIL problems, sleeping problems, stress, strokes, varicose veins. Wohh that's alot!

I have read some truly amazing facts about rebounding: the benefits come from the fact that it combines three powerful forces - gravity, acceleration and deceleration. Take the example of when a plane accelerates quickly, our bodies are forced back into our seats and can hardly move. It's as if gravity has increased and we are not strong enough to overcome it. Although the body does not seem to recognise the difference between gravity and acceleration, it does AUTOMATICALLY strengthen itself to cope with the worst conditions that it repeatedly encounters. Therefore, when you are putting your body under an apparent one and a half times normal gravity (1.5G) it will strengthen itself to a level to cope adequately with this condition. As a result the body gradually becomes stronger in each cell and thus all the muscles and organs become stronger. So rebouding uses the force of gravity effectively.

Now here is the important bit: at the top of the bounce your body becomes COMPLETELY weightless (terminal velocity) and this stimulates the lymphatic flow. This gravity/non-gravity repetition occurs about 100 times/ minute, so the body quickly strengthens a little. The lymphatic circulation also improves to bring about greater efficiency in the clearing of waste matter in the body and in the effectiveness of the immune system.[Maybe the cure to acne is going to Space? lol]

NASA even did a study of the training effect of trampolining and found that use of a trampoline below the level where you reach a jump of 4G is up to 68% MORE OXYGEN efficient than other forms of exercise. That means that you can exercise quite strenuously for your condition without feeling out of breath, but still gain the SAME benefits as you would from much more strenuous exercise on a hard surface. A rebounder should restrict the level to which you can bounce to below 4G.

Our lymph system, to function effectively, NEEDS exercise and will benefit from rebounding. The reason being that the lymph system has no pump to circulate it rather a system of one-way valves (unlike blood which has the heart), which are stimulated via exercise. The average person carries around in their body about 4-6 pounds of toxins and other waste, which obviously has a detrimental effect on both physical and mental health. The only way to remove these toxins is via the lymph system.

Well hope some of that is interesting, I'm off to do some bouncing... (how appropriate lol).

Later on...

Last edited by Neca; 05-21-2004 at 07:33 AM.

Old 05-21-2004, 08:34 AM   #282
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

Meagan,

How far away from Houston? My friend lives in Houston (the ex CIA, hypnotist, alien hunter guy). I'm definitely going to visit him soon. That would be cool to meet somewhere, and then you could meet him too. He's so cool. Sorry to hear about your family and atkins!! The thing is..atkins is tangible for a lot of people. They can go out and buy a book on it, etc...

Neca,

You may do better without meat. The thing is, you really aren't supposed to eat meat when trying to do a bowel cleanse.

Old 05-21-2004, 09:08 AM   #283
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

Computer bugs are irritating, aren't they Neca? My computer has been acting up lately, and it is so frustrating! The xylitol one is a toothpaste I ordered online from a company that also produces the gum, etc....ohhh what is the name...hmm, I will have to check later on and get back to you! Although, the Burt's Bees wasn't bad (I also liked the fact that it contained bentonite)...but, I also thought xylitol would be a nice addition. I also plan on picking up some coll. silver to include in on my mouth care routine soon. Yes, I will take good health over work anyday! Usually it is not this hectic, but I work with computers all day, and deadlines can be tiring! I plan on switching to something less demanding within the next year or so, and something that fits with my lifestyle and allows me to maintain and continue my goals for good health. If it ever came down to it, my health food store would love to have me running it LOL, so I guess I always have a backup job if ever needed! I've thought about the idea of opening up my own business someday (health food store, restaurant)...but I'm not too fond of things dealing with finance and numbers, so I have yet to decide if that is something I will seriously pursue. As for rebounding, thanks for all of that wonderful info! I knew some interesting facts about rebounding, but never came across the NASA thing...great to know! It really does have alot of wonderful benefits, and I have wondered if things such as juicing, or rebounding alone without full dietary changes could heal some acne sufferers. Prometheus had listed some wonderful juice recipes previously that I know would help alot of people if they incorporated them frequently into their diet. I have also read of people who have cured their acne through juicing, and cured things through rebounding , so those are two things that definitely deserve recognition!

Indy, I remember you previously making a comment about the liquid consistency of your almond butter. Were you buying Maranatha? (I thought you had mentioned you were...) Anyhow, I recently found another brand that is about the same price as Maranatha (maybe a bit cheaper actually), called Woodstock Farms Raw almond butter, and the consistency of it is much thicker. So, maybe that is something you might want to check into. My health food store actually just started carrying their brand of raw almond butter and overstocked, so they sold me 2 jars of organic raw almond butter for 5$ a piece .

Well, I am off to go do some rebounding and juicing. Carrots were veryyyy cheap yesterday, and somehow I ended up buying 5 bunches of them . Free carrot juice at my place, anyone interested? lol

BTW Hipmama, how are things going for you?

Old 05-21-2004, 05:22 PM   #284
    indy gal

indy gal HB User

Quote:
    Almost exactly to the day I resumed paraGONE, my skin started to look awful. I have also had a few minor side-effects which I never had during the first 15-days of paraGONE; minor stomach cramps, almost diahrrea like toilet habits and today just after I woke up I experienced a slight vomit sensation but in the end didn't actually vomit thank God. It's strange though, is the second phase of the parasite cleanse harder? Indy are you experiencing any of these symptoms? Has your skin changed during resumption of the cleanse? What are your energy levels like?
    I wouldn't say it is harder, but it is different. This time I am taking the PB shakes twice a day, so that has to be helping. I broke out a lot during the first half, but it hasnt' been too bad now taking the shakes twice a day. I have had a few small patches of psoriasis pop up on my face (note, before doing these cleanses I rarely got psoriasis on my body, it pretty much stayed on my scalp.) But since I've been on paragone I have had 3 spots appear on my face. I think they come from the die-off toxins. I have had a few headaches and a few stomach aches too. My energy levels are good. For a week and a half now I have been exercising regularly thanks to a change in my work hours.

It really wouldn't suprise me that your skin stayed worse until you do some sort of liver cleanse. You never know, that might even help out with your allergies. I am looking forward to cleansing my liver as well, because I think that will be when I notice the biggest improvement in my skin problems.

Quote:
    Indy, I remember you previously making a comment about the liquid consistency of your almond butter. Were you buying Maranatha? (I thought you had mentioned you were...) Anyhow, I recently found another brand that is about the same price as Maranatha (maybe a bit cheaper actually), called Woodstock Farms Raw almond butter, and the consistency of it is much thicker. So, maybe that is something you might want to check into. My health food store actually just started carrying their brand of raw almond butter and overstocked, so they sold me 2 jars of organic raw almond butter for 5$ a piece
    Yes, I am buying Maranatha... and every jar I buy tastes different than the one before. What a deal you got! $5 per jar! I have never seen that brand however, it seems that Maranatha is the only brand name available in this neck of the woods.

Maybe someday I'll be able to buy a juicer, but for the time being I'll have to do without. I recently bought the steamer, and I'm enjoying that. Give me a month or two and I can start shopping for juicers perhaps!

Well I have to go get dinner started, and pack because we are going away for the weekend. I'll do my best to stick to the diet! One week left of Paragone and I'm finished! Yippee!

Old 05-22-2004, 10:40 AM   #285
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

OMG guys, last night I passed the most insane amount of MP ever! It was the first time I have properly passed MP and was quite an experience because I thought I had almost broken my toilet lol. I feel like I am now half my original weight!!! I wonder how much more there is to come...probably better not to think.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by prometheus
    My friend lives in Houston (the ex CIA, hypnotist, alien hunter guy).
    Well, he sounds pretty normal then !

Yep, the meat could be the problem but not too sure. I will see how my body reacts when I finish paraGONE.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MsMeaganMay
    Computer bugs are irritating, aren't they Neca? My computer has been acting up lately, and it is so frustrating!
    Totally! Just when you think you have cleaned up your PC, another bug infects you..it's as if they are queuing right outside my internet connection.

Ok cool, I will have a look into Xylitol toothpaste. Could ya let me know which one you think is better (Xylitol verison or Burt's Bees) after a few weeks of using Xylitol?

Meagan, correct me if I am wrong but I thought you said you studied at Uni? Are you a student AND have a job working with computers? Phew that's pretty heavy if I am right. I'm a student and just have no time for a job. Maybe you should consider the manager position in your healthstore which would be a little less stressful, I'm sure they are trying to drop a hint with all these great value deals they are giving you

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MsMeaganMay
    It really does have alot of wonderful benefits, and I have wondered if things such as juicing, or rebounding alone without full dietary changes could heal some acne sufferers.
    Oh wow, Meagan I didn't realise you already had a rebounder ? I thought you were planning on getting one some time back when we spoke about them in a few posts. They really are great aren't they? I'm addicted, I just can't stop bouncing. I think you may be right about whether we can heal our skin through mostly rebounding and juicing rather than heavy dietary changes. I would love to get a juice but while checking out many different brands, I guess I was pretty stunned at the prices. How come these machines are so expensive? I've heard that the lower range ones aren't too good and you should aim for the medium-high range. How much did you pay for your juicer and do you think it would be definitely worth getting one?

Indy, you know I told you about the Bentonite mask? Well, while I was researching it, there have been many psorisis sufferers that have described seeing great improvements in their skin since using the mask. Do a search for Bentonite mask and psorisis on the net and see what you think. If the psorisis breakouts get a bit much then maybe the Bentonite mask could work great for you.

I definitely agree about the Liver cleanse. I'm sure I would see a great improvement in my allergies if I did several. I just have two problems: one is choosing the right mixture/method to use for the cleanse and the other is not knowing how many I need to do. I have read so many people having to do many flushes (at least 10-20) just to see a few improvements. We are all different so who knows how long it will take. But I am hoping that when I stop paraGONE, I will see some real improvements like last week. Also as I passed MP yesterday, maybe now I am finally getting rid of these damn toxins.

Have a fun weekend guys...

Last edited by Neca; 05-22-2004 at 10:41 AM.

Closed Thread