It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Dr. Nicholas Tabbal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-10-2004, 07:53 AM   #1
    heavensabvus

heavensabvus HB User
    Dr. Nicholas Tabbal

I am interested in having a primary rhinoplasty and went to Dr. Tabbal for a consultation. I was very pleased with the consultation but concerned that no before and after pictures were available. I have heard by all accounts that he is wonderful doctor and I do not question his abilities. However, my concern is this: every person has a different aesthetic taste, so what may be beautiful to most people might not be beautiful to me. I certainly prefer a natural looking nose to a perfect nose and would rather have a bad natural nose than a nose that you can tell has been done. But it's also a combination and just personal preference so I'd like to find a surgeon whose aesthetic sensibilities match my own. I will not have resources for any revisions so a good first time result is a necessity and something I have saved for years for.
    To this end, is there any kind soul out there who be willing to share their "before and after" pictures of the result they achieved with Dr. Tabbal? I would assure you that your pictures will be handled in the strictest of confidence and you would have my undying gratitude. Many thanks!

Last edited by heavensabvus; 04-10-2004 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Realized I was not supposed to put my email here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2004, 11:19 AM   #2
    blu_eyes11219
    Inactive

blu_eyes11219 HB User
    Re: Dr. Nicholas Tabbal

I totally agree with you. I had a primary that went wrong for many reasons and not directly cause of the surgeon. I am considering Tabbal since so many have mentioned him but he does not give before and afters which I dont't know why. But I was wondering....does he give you an idea of what he is going to do using a computer imaging or by drawing etc. ? Did you have a good feeling about him competency wise? Were there any other surgeons that you have consulted with and if yes, who were they and what did you think about them?
    Thanks!!

Old 04-10-2004, 10:03 PM   #3
    heavensabvus

heavensabvus HB User

i didn't consult with anyone else because he was very highly recommended by a celebrity pal. She has not used him but has seen people who have. That doesn't mean here taste is the same as mine, however.. Dr. Tabbal sends you for medical photographs which he then draws on.

Old 04-29-2004, 07:32 AM   #4
    Nayna

Nayna HB User

Are any of you bothered at all by the new rule at Manhattan Eye Ear & Throat (where Tabbal operates) saying that you must be under general anasthesia (i.e. intubated in the throat) for all surgeries? Are you still going forward with your rhinoplasties with Tabbal even though you'd have to be totally under?

Old 04-30-2004, 06:28 PM   #5
    blu_eyes11219
    Inactive

blu_eyes11219 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by heavensabvus
    i didn't consult with anyone else because he was very highly recommended by a celebrity pal. She has not used him but has seen people who have. That doesn't mean here taste is the same as mine, however.. Dr. Tabbal sends you for medical photographs which he then draws on.
    Almost all doctors who don't show before and afters send you to get medical photographs and then they draw on them to give you an idea.

Old 05-20-2004, 05:09 PM   #6
    heavensabvus

heavensabvus HB User

Nayna-

I didn't know that they even did rhinoplasties without you being under general anesthesia. I would not consider being awake for such a surgery. I've had both jaw and dental surgeries. For me, dental has been ok to be awake; I'm even awake during colonoscopies, but for the breaking of bones - no way.

Old 05-28-2004, 02:53 PM   #7
    Liz12

Liz12 HB User

I had a revision Rhinoplasty with Dr. Tabbal recently. This was my fourth surgery as I was in an accident that caused severe damage to my nose. My surgeries have taken place over many years but no one has been able to fix it until now. It has been two months since my last surgery and I am so happy with the results. Dr. Tabbal is unbelievably talented and he has fixed everything that no one else could. For revision surgery this is definitely the doctor to go to.

Old 07-02-2004, 06:07 PM   #8
    neillebo

neillebo HB User
    Does tabbal do lipo?

I am scheduled for a Primary with Tabbal late July and am also having him do some stomach lipo. does anyone know of any results from Tabbal or links?

Old 07-05-2004, 01:49 AM   #9
    milkshake

milkshake HB User

Does anyone know what celebrities he's done? I want to know who did J Lo's and Sarah Jessica Parker's noses. They both look really natural and you can't evern tell they had them done. Also who's the best in LA?

Last edited by milkshake; 07-05-2004 at 02:58 AM.

Old 07-07-2004, 04:02 PM   #10
    milkshake

milkshake HB User

oh my god, are you serious??? I am so so sorry to hear that. Would you mind telling me a bit more about your experience? It will be my first and of course I'm praying my only surgery. I need very minor work, so I'm trying to find the best doctor.

Old 07-08-2004, 04:07 PM   #11
    AK47
    (male)

AK47 HB User

I had a primary with Tabbal last year.I'm very unhappy with the result.My advise to you is at least consider several surgeons before making a choice.Tabbal does do digital imaging if you request it.

Last edited by AK47; 07-08-2004 at 04:08 PM.

Old 07-08-2004, 05:06 PM   #12
    milkshake

milkshake HB User

Hey AK,

but if you do digital imaging, how can they possibly duplicate it? I don't imagine that they can. It's a guide, but I'm wary of that Why were you unhappy? Did you have a revision? Would you say his aesthetics aren't great? Would you recommend any other docs, in NY or LA?

Last edited by milkshake; 07-08-2004 at 05:11 PM.

Old 07-09-2004, 12:44 PM   #13
    milkshake

milkshake HB User

Whonose,

I'm so terribly sorry to hear your situation. It sounds awful and it makes me question whther or not I'll do it. I need very subtly changes and god forbid someone ruined me I would be a mess. You've convinced me not to go with Tabbal. I hear Nassif and Kanodia in LA are very good.

Old 07-09-2004, 08:12 PM   #14
    nygal

nygal HB User

I had a primary done by Dr Tabbal three weeks ago. I had a lot of bruising and swelling from my eyes down to my chin. However that is gone now but I still have trouble breathing through my nose. I hope the breathing problem means there is still some swelling inside. Does anyone out there know? Aside from all that, my nose looks much improved and very natural. It is basically my nose without the bump. I think Tabbal is noted for very natural looking work.

Old 07-10-2004, 10:46 AM   #15
    milkshake

milkshake HB User

why did you decide to go with Tabbal? Who else did you have consults with. I am trying to find a great doc for a primary. For minor work, just some refining

Closed Thread