It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• It's Now or Never!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-27-2004, 03:02 PM   #301
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User
    Re: It's Now or Never!

Quote:
    Prometheus, LOL, yeah I was thinking the same thing about mailing me to NYC and around the world, sounds like a good idea, maybe I should try it sometime !
    hehe

Quote:
    I just picked up the Peelu Dental Fibers yesterday, and I really like it. The taste isn't all that great, but it leaves my teeth feeling EXTREMELY clean!
    Yes I love how it leaves your teeth completely smooth and clean.

Quote:
    I also picked up a few various Aubrey products, including a facial mist...eh, it sounded interesting lol.
    I've used that before! it is really good. I've also used their spray conditioner for hair, which leaves this awesome shine.

Quote:
    As for the raw eggs, how are those going? Hopefully you didn't contract samonella! I actually read an article awhile back which discussed how cilantro kills salmonella bacteria, and advised using it on chicken etc. What if you added t to your raw egg mixture? Hmm, just a thought...not sure if it would have any effect or not.
    That's actually a great idea!! No it wasn't salmonella, just a really bad case of vertigo and with everything else that means I have to get an MRI now which could be a sticky situation.

Quote:
    I've been thinking about adding raw eggs in as well, but I did have one question I was wondering about. I apologize in advance if it sounds like a silly idea ! Well, I have a friend who is a dog breeder and feeds her dogs the BARF (raw food for dogs) diet. I remember her telling me about their "menu" once,which included raw eggs...but with the shells. She would put them in a blender and serve them like that. Would that be okay for human consumption?
    I believe I've read somewhere that you can, in fact eat the shells. I don't think it would be very good?

Quote:
    I tried to see if I could find any information regarding it, but my high speed wireless internet isn't working and for the last few days I have been on a VERY slow dial up connection and I can't get any webpages to load...ugh, I have got to get this fixed soon!
    Ugh I hate that. I know exactly how you feel too! I've had a crappy..the crappiest connection for months now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2004, 05:45 AM   #302
    indy gal

indy gal HB User

Hey everyone, guess what? Our computer "died" and is currently in being fixed. I suppose it was only a matter of time before we had some type of problem with our PC. So... I won't be around for a few days.

(Right now I am at work so I can't hang around... just wanted to drop in for a second to say have a good weekend!)

PS: Last day of paragone and my skin looks good! Yippee!

Old 05-28-2004, 09:20 PM   #303
    Ratman
    (male)

Ratman HB User

How good does your skin look? I've tried to read through this entire post but I only got about 30 pages in and then skipped to the last few. I didn't really see any actual descriptions of how your skin has changed. Basically I want to ask everyone who's going through the parasite cleanses, bowel cleanses, and maybe even the liver cleanses (though I'm not sure if you've reached that point yet) a simple question: Is it making your acne go away?

I'm seriously considering doing these cleanses, but I basically just want my acne to go away, seeing as how nothing else (accutane, antibiotics, topicals, diet change) has worked. I am interested in the other health aspects, such as increased energy, since I feel fatigued most of the time, but I mainly want my acne gone. These cleanses certainly seem like a plausible way to get my skin to clear up. My parents think it's nonsense (and they both work at hospitals), but I've done a lot of reading and it seems real enough.

I'm still confused as to what I need to do. Whether I have to do a bowel cleanse or liver cleanse. How long the entire process takes for all these cleanses. And what exactly I should be buying. I'll probably create a post a few days from now asking these questions before I get started on any of this. But before I do that I just want to know if these cleanses are really clearing up your acne.

Saw my reflection and cried
    So little hope that I died

Old 05-29-2004, 08:17 AM   #304
    MsMeaganMay

MsMeaganMay HB User

Ratman...1.), what did your diet look like? and 2.) How long did you follow it? know I think I've seen your posts before on here because your signature looks familiar...but I never once remember you posting on diet topics, so that is why I am curious. If you have recently taken antibiotics, other medications, or accutane, it will take you longer. Plus, if you are no longer following diet,the cleanses aren't really recommended.

Cleansing starts and is maintained with diet.

Prometheus's diet, no medications (this also includes your basic things such as tylenol, advil, etc.), dedication (I say this because you can't have dairy a couple of times a month, and consider it a full diet change, a diet change, yes..maybe, but as far as acne goes..it probably won't cut it.

Will cleanses probably allow your body to tolerate other foods better, yes...that is possible. But, IMHO, without mantaining a good diet, i.e., Prometheus's diet, you will end up in the same position that you started out in.

One last question... Do you live with your parents? If they think these cleanses are silly, that makes me "assume" that they might think this diet would not be effective, therefor not cooking accordingly to it. Are you eating plenty of steamed/juiced vegetables? I'm not talking about canned vegetables steamed in oils, or steamed in the microwave. Are you eating fresh fruit? Canned is out...fruit in syrups is out, fruit smoothies from fastfood are generally out, even apples which are not organic contain a waxy substance (which I am not too certain contains..but I do know that they are not vegan, which leads me to believe that they are not suitable for this diet). Are you eating organic meats? I say organic because some acne sufferers (most) have problems with nonorganic meats due to the hormones etc in the meat, and nonorganic/wild caught fish because of the high toxin levels in them. As for nuts and seeds, do they contain oils/salt? Generally nuts/seeds you find in regular grocery stores are out, because they have one or both on them. Are the nuts/seeds you are eating rancid? That could cause breakouts as well. Dried fruits, nuts, seeds, raw almond butter....for those things I would check out a health food store near you.

As for cleansing, take your time to read up on them and take precautions. They are safe and effective if you follow the procedures properly before and after doing them. And lastly, let me just say that with all of the cleanses, you are definitely recommended to follow a diet which is very similar to Prometheus's. So, if that's a problem..you might try a different route.

Prometheus, nope I haven't flushed yet either! I actually did have a two day slot the other day in which I was thinking about doing it, but I'd much rather wait for you and others to do it as well! As for Texas...hmmm, as for things to do..I'm sure there is a much bigger list than what I can come up with! Some of the more interesting things I have done (In Texas, obviously )would be canoeing (sp?), white water rafting, visiting space center houston, an alligator farm, horse back riding, various beach/outdoor related things in the galveston area, fruit/flower picking on a farm patch near plantersville,...hmm that is not a big list LOL, I'll have to think of others later....I am off to go practice chin-na, something I agreed to learn/practice with a friend of mine who is a grandmaster at hapkido, aikido, chin-na and all kinds of things. Gee, I wonder how I ended up with a few bruises on me this week .

Take care.

Old 05-29-2004, 08:56 AM   #305
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

Yes Meagan brings up an important point. I understand you have tried changing your diet, Ratman. The thing is, you have to change your diet to do a cleanse. You can't just go out and buy psyllium husk and bentonite, take them, and cleanse anything without changing your diet. For instance, the purpose of a bowel cleanse is to clean the bowel, to move particles through, to absorb toxins, and help the bowel heal. All of this aids in nutritional uptake when food is reintroduced. In order to do a bowel cleanse, you can't eat meat. You can't eat peanut butter. You can't take tylenols or medications and you can't eat a lot of cooked vegetables. What most people do for a bowel cleanse is fast on juice for the first part, and then introduce fruits and then lightly cooked or raw vegetables. They take psyllium husk to move out the old food particles and bentonite clay to absorb toxins deposited in the bowel from the fast or that are inside the bowel. This effectively cleans the bowel. If you take psyllium husk and still eat a regular diet (three cooked meals a day), all you are doing is adding fiber to your diet, which will improve regularity, but it is not a cleanse. Further all the bentonite clay does at that point is absorb nutrients from the food you eat.

So you have to change your diet. Cleanses will speed up visual improvements from any diet you are following...but all you need to do to get rid of acne is get rid of what causes acne in your diet. All diets are not equal. Considering you have taken antibiotics and accutane your rate of healing is not expected to be quick and a bowel cleanse will really help you out. Since accutane can affect your oil glands for several years or even permanently, it may take several years for you to see a complete improvement with diet. But you should see a lot of improvement from completely eliminating the following:

hydrogenated oils
    cane sugar, high fructose corn syrup, arficial sweeteners, refined sugars
    cooked/heated/refined oils
    fortified/enriched foods
    bad vitamins (just get rid of the vitamins if you aren't sure)
    denatured grain products
    refined grain products
    grain products containing gluten
    dairy and anything containing dairy
    nonorganic meats, luncheon meats, pork and beef
    cooked eggs
    drugs and medications, including tylenol, advil and especially antibiotics or birth control

This worked for me in two months. It works for most people in two months, but it will work for anyone if given enough time. There is a diet called the Wai diet that acne sufferers find relief with. Anoldone posts on here and he has healed his acne with this diet. Wai maintains that it is the cooked proteins that affect people with acne. I believe that is a big part of it. You still have to get rid of all of these ingredients on the Wai diet.

Quote:
    I'm still confused as to what I need to do. Whether I have to do a bowel cleanse or liver cleanse. How long the entire process takes for all these cleanses. And what exactly I should be buying. I'll probably create a post a few days from now asking these questions before I get started on any of this. But before I do that I just want to know if these cleanses are really clearing up your acne.
    Bowel cleanses take up to two weeks, depending on what you want to achieve. No more than two weeks, unless you are in a full blown fast, in which case you want to continue taking some psyllium and bentonite for the duration of the fast to prevent toxic shock. It doesn't totally eliminate the risk for shock and that is why people incorperate enemas into their fast. I suffered from shock when I reintroduced food back from a fast I was on, which is why I do not recommend long fasts to people unless it is for spiritual reasons. Before you do anything you do a bowel cleanse. A liver cleanse is achieved through a change in diet. A liver flush is a different animal, and that is something a lot of people see relief from numerous ailments through. That is done over a period of weeks until a certain amount of liver "stones" are removed. Before doing a liver flush it is usually recommended that you do a parasite kill, to kill any parasites that may be in your liver. They dont' belong in the liver or other organs, btw. The only reason they get in your liver is through the ingestion of solvents. Autopsies of people with organ cancers have organs infested with parasites. I believe these parasites do not just migrate to damaged tissues but actually cause cancer through the release of their growth hormones and this is how cancer "spreads" because parasites spread. Hulda Clark writes about this, but that is getting aside from the issue. The point is all of these require an appropriate change in diet. If you are willing to do so, you will see results.

Last edited by prometheus; 05-29-2004 at 09:35 AM.

Old 05-29-2004, 09:18 AM   #306
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

Quote:
    Prometheus, nope I haven't flushed yet either! I actually did have a two day slot the other day in which I was thinking about doing it, but I'd much rather wait for you and others to do it as well! As for Texas...hmmm, as for things to do..I'm sure there is a much bigger list than what I can come up with! Some of the more interesting things I have done (In Texas, obviously )would be canoeing (sp?), white water rafting, visiting space center houston, an alligator farm, horse back riding, various beach/outdoor related things in the galveston area, fruit/flower picking on a farm patch near plantersville,...hmm that is not a big list LOL, I'll have to think of others later....I am off to go practice chin-na, something I agreed to learn/practice with a friend of mine who is a grandmaster at hapkido, aikido, chin-na and all kinds of things. Gee, I wonder how I ended up with a few bruises on me this week
    Alligators are awesome. Have fun with chin-na!

Old 05-29-2004, 07:27 PM   #307
    MsMeaganMay

MsMeaganMay HB User

Yes, alligators are awesome! So are crocs! I could careless about watching T.V., but there is a guy on animal planet, Steve Irwin, the croc hunter...and he amazes me so much! I wish I had as much bravery as him. I think tigers are very cool too, ...it would be awesome to own one someday! As for your previous post about bowel cleansing, I did not know that your diet should be veg juices, then the addition of fruits/raw veg. I guess most of the people I had come across just seemed to follow any diet they wanted almost! Is that the reason you advise to do it 2 weeks, while others take 1-5 months? I guess will be going forth with another bowel cleanse,starting tomorrow. Should I just do 2 shakes, one in the morning, and one at night? Also, are there any specific veg. juice recipes that are "recommended", or just any?

Thanks for the info!!

BTW, what is the name of the aubrey leave in product you had mentioned for hair? I actually am enjoying the facial mist alot. I don't know if it has made my face appear anymore vibrant or anything, but it does make it feel refreshed .

Last edited by MsMeaganMay; 05-29-2004 at 07:34 PM.

Old 05-30-2004, 07:01 AM   #308
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

Quote:
    Yes, alligators are awesome! So are crocs! I could careless about watching T.V., but there is a guy on animal planet, Steve Irwin, the croc hunter...and he amazes me so much! I wish I had as much bravery as him.
    Yes I know who you're talking about! The australian guy?

Quote:
    I think tigers are very cool too, ...it would be awesome to own one someday!
    hehehe. you need a lot of land! (and probably a big cage!)

Quote:
    As for your previous post about bowel cleansing, I did not know that your diet should be veg juices, then the addition of fruits/raw veg. I guess most of the people I had come across just seemed to follow any diet they wanted almost! Is that the reason you advise to do it 2 weeks, while others take 1-5 months? I guess will be going forth with another bowel cleanse,starting tomorrow. Should I just do 2 shakes, one in the morning, and one at night? Also, are there any specific veg. juice recipes that are "recommended", or just any?
    Which ones take 1-5 months? I go by the traditional bowel cleanse, which involves some kind of fasting, usually raw fruits, and small portions of raw vegetables or no vegetables. Only foods that promote cleansing and healing of the bowel are taken in, and not in large portions such that would burden the digestive system. The body isn't going to focus on removal and healing if it is busy digesting. Anything longer than two weeks would slow down perialstalsis, which is what happens in a prolonged fast but not what we want for a bowel cleanse. You can do bowel cleanses every few months. I believe these 1-5 month bowel cleanses are probably products that are sold to people under the guise of bowel cleanses. They don't require a change in diet or anything. lol, otherwise they wouldn't sell. If you are interested in bowel cleansing, Arnold Ehret and Norman Walker are good reads, though these two figures adopted a bowel cleansing diet for life. Norman Walker invented the juicer. He lived until he was 109.

Last edited by prometheus; 05-30-2004 at 07:03 AM.

Old 05-30-2004, 07:58 AM   #309
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

oh and yes the facial mist spray does feel good. The spray is called "White Camellia and Jasmine Shine Conditioner Spray". Aubrey also makes a really good conditioner called "GPB", but the trick to the GPB conditioner is you have to leave it in for a while (atleast 10 minutes) and you have to rinse it out for a long time. GPB leaves your hair really nice, but only if you rinse it out long enough. That is why you will hear mixed reviews about it, because if you don't rinse it out long enough, atleast five minutes, it leaves residues that will make the hair dull and heavy...but if you rinse it out long enough it is very nice.

Old 05-30-2004, 09:58 AM   #310
    MsMeaganMay

MsMeaganMay HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by prometheus
    Yes I know who you're talking about! The australian guy?

hehehe. you need a lot of land! (and probably a big cage!)

Which ones take 1-5 months? I go by the traditional bowel cleanse, which involves some kind of fasting, usually raw fruits, and small portions of raw vegetables or no vegetables. Only foods that promote cleansing and healing of the bowel are taken in, and not in large portions such that would burden the digestive system. The body isn't going to focus on removal and healing if it is busy digesting. Anything longer than two weeks would slow down perialstalsis, which is what happens in a prolonged fast but not what we want for a bowel cleanse. You can do bowel cleanses every few months. I believe these 1-5 month bowel cleanses are probably products that are sold to people under the guise of bowel cleanses. They don't require a change in diet or anything. lol, otherwise they wouldn't sell. If you are interested in bowel cleansing, Arnold Ehret and Norman Walker are good reads, though these two figures adopted a bowel cleansing diet for life. Norman Walker invented the juicer. He lived until he was 109.
    When I first began reading on bowel cleansing (with psyllium and bentonite), other boards I had come across had alot of people who pursued the cleanse for 1-5 months(they said it was necessary to remove all MP etc. etc. etc.), but, they were also people who maintained normal diets (and by normal...I don't mean mostly clean diets....most of them still ate meat, some bread, etc. etc.). I had remembered seeing your post about bowel cleansing a LONG time ago, and before starting my bowel cleanse, I tried to find the notes again...but with no success. So, I began cleansing like I had read from those others, ....following my regular diet of fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, and meat once a week. The diet you recommend makes complete sense, and I feel like I need to do another one, the correct way....so, I shall try again .

Thanks for the info about the hair conditioning as well , I'll definitely have to try it out!

BTW, yes, it is the australian guy! I think he is not only amazing, but his family is just as amazing and adventurous, plus they have cool accents

Old 05-30-2004, 10:16 AM   #311
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

You should be fine Meagan. The diet you follow is very cleansing and healthy for the intestines. I don't believe I ever posted the specifics for a concentrated bowel cleanse. There is no way you can do a bowel cleanse and eat like the people you mentioned. They added fiber to their diet. That's different . Especially if it is red meat because of the nitrosamines. You can't bowel cleanse and eat red meat. That doesn't make any sense. lol. The minute you eat the red meat is when the bowel cleanse ends. People would take bentonite clay when they ingested a poison. Its highly absorbtive property is why it is very good for bowel cleanses. If you take it while not on a cleanse, though, it doesn't help much as it will only absorb nutrients from the food you eat. I apologize that I did not read closely enough to discover this sooner.

You mentioned that they are on these bowel cleanses for months to get rid of MP? That could make sense if they were following a raw diet or something similar to what Arnold Ehret and Norman Walker ate. I highly doubt that what they passed was Mucoidal Plaque...it was probably more like a conglomeration of putrified meat and bentonite clay.

Oh and yes the accents are indeed very cool! how was chin ma?

Last edited by prometheus; 05-30-2004 at 10:47 AM.

Old 06-03-2004, 12:19 PM   #312
    indy gal

indy gal HB User

I have missed sooo much since I've been computer-less, and the bad news is we still don't have our computer back. So I'm on a super slow library computer.

If Ratman is still around, I would like to say that for me, these cleanses have been well worth it! I am so happy with my results, and I know that it will keep getting better as I focus on cleaning up my liver. Two months have gone by now, I have maintained a paleolithic diet with very little red meat (none during the parasite cleanse), and I am still doing two PB shakes a day.

I am VERY happy with my results. I was going through one of the worst breakout periods ever from Jan-March, and I started the diet/cleanses in April. My skin looks great! The only time I have new breakouts is if I eat something not allowed in the diet (I have concluded that dairy and/or sugar causes the painful pimples). My skin is smoother, healthier looking, better color to it, and some of my scars are healing!

Two months ago I thought there was no way I could do the cleanses... but they are over and done with and I feel better than ever in all aspects of my life. I have never had this much energy! My hair and nails are growing and look healthier (and I have never been able to grow my nails!).

If this gives any of you hope, it is definitely worth trying. But if you are going to do it, be patient and do it right. Don't look for quick solutions because diet and internal cleansing takes time.

By the way, Prometheus, I am now only using the differin three times a week at night only. Nothing but aloe gel and vitamin E cream in the am and differin three nights a week (instead of every night like before). I am weaning my skin off it and it is going fine.

Neca: Are you still around?

Old 06-03-2004, 03:22 PM   #313
    Ratman
    (male)

Ratman HB User

Thanks indy gal, your post does give me some hope. I need to do something. Acne + depression = no self-confidence = no job + skipping classes = bad grades = less self-confidence = no girlfriend = no life. I'm bad at math and managed to work that equation out.

I'm going to try the cleansing. I live with my mom, and she doesn't eat very healthy, so the diet part is going to be hard, but I get along alright as far as my diet right now, so I dunno.

I'm sure I'll have some questions about what I need to do, but I'll probably ask tomorrow since today is a little busy, even though I have no life. But there are things around the house to do, and I need to do a little more research into this stuff.

Saw my reflection and cried
    So little hope that I died

Old 06-04-2004, 06:09 AM   #314
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by indy gal
    I am VERY happy with my results.
    Hey Indy, congratulations on your results, I'm glad you have achieved alot of your aims with these cleanses. Are you still considering doing further cleanses such as liver cleanses? Did you experience any Mucous Plaque in the end or any noticeable parasites? Maybe you could also give your skin a chance to really heal itself by totally discontinuing your use of Differin. That way you can directly conclude that the cleanses had the most impact on your skin especially if you don't experience any cysts.

I would have to unfortunately say little has improved in terms of my skin, allergies and overall body energy since starting the cleanses 2-3 months ago. This, of course, I find most frustrating as I am not sure how I am going to proceed. Prometheus, you recommend that the bowel cleanses should be followed for 2 weeks as long as the appropriate diet is followed. In this time, however, it is highly unlikely that anyone will experience any excretion of Mucous Plaque and therefore leaving a large amount of parasites, allergens and other unwanted substances to remain along the lining of the intestinal tract. I don't remember reading anywhere in your posts that you successfully offloaded any MP.

Obviously, just because no MP is past doesn't mean the cleansing of the bowels has not been successful. But, IMO, the type of bowel cleansing that us acne sufferers require is one that not only effectively heals the bowels but also remove the MP from the intestines. The general recommendation that a real bowel cleanse can take from 1-5 months isn't purported by companies selling redundant products. It is generally proposed by several veb pages eg cure znes and they emphasis the fact that juice fasting, veg, fruit diet is necessary. So I believe a bowel cleanse is only successful when the acne sufferer has effectively removed all MP. Therefore, after my current 1 week break of cleansing, I am going to recommence bowel cleansing.

With regards to diet, I think I have effectively pushed the healing capabilities of an optimum diet to their feasibly maximum and will not be able to achieve any further improvements in my skin from such an approach. I have always believed that an optimum diet can help reduce acne considerably especially with regards to cysts, boils and potent whiteheads but past this point the diet tool is not strong enough in attempting to defeat my naturally outbalanced hormones. I have followed a pure diet of solely raw vegetables, fruits and nuts/seeds for the past 2-3 weeks experiencing no change in my skin. Yes it may need more time but I already know that my hormonal imbalances (that seveal of us have) will always have the upperhand.

I apologise in advance for a rather pessimistic post/conclusion but I have very little hope left in trying to eliminate this skin disorder from my life. The only seemingly shining light left seems to be these clay masks that I have been trying out. I have recently obtained one of the best varieties of clay available to consumers (the one I mentioned in previous posts). This has helped improve the tone of my skin but its effectiveness is quite erratic (sometimes they work great, other times not so).

Old 06-04-2004, 03:08 PM   #315
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

Pessimism is not what you are sorry for, Neca.

I could show you what pessimism is by responding to the entirety of your post in earnest..however I'll just stick with your question.

No you don't see any posts about me removing MP because I never experienced that. I never did a "liver flush" either. I only recently did a parasite kill, and no I never saw any parasites. Yet, I did a long fast with the addition of psyllium and Bentonite, which could be considered a "bowel cleanse" but fasting is not something I recommend to other people, and it wasn't necessary to clear my skin (it cleared up substantially before that just by changing my diet). I do not recommend fasts which is why I do not post much about the experience or the details of its "cleansing" benefits, and this is why you don't see many posts from me about it. I don't emphasize "cleanses" as much as I do diet and I don't do these things for "cleansing" (purity, or being "clean") reasons, as you well know. I don't think anyone should.

Last edited by prometheus; 06-04-2004 at 03:09 PM.

Closed Thread