It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• symptoms alot like MS, Is it or is it Lymes Disease?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-16-2004, 06:33 PM   #16
    velvet48
    Veteran
    (female)

velvet48 HB User
    Re: symptoms alot like MS, Is it or is it Lymes Disease?

same for me. i kept testing neg for lyme, and i knew i had it. i had a rash, dr said it didn't look like a tick rash to him. six months later i woke up with bells palsey, the left side of my face was paralized. that was 7 weeks of pure torture for me.
    i finally found a new dr in my area who was said to be a good lyme dr. i went to him and he told me that when i had the bells palsey, i should have been treated for lyme right there, even though the test was neg. the tests are not very good. a lot of people test neg and do have lyme.
    i had to take antibiotics for a year after that, not i have CFS due to all the antibiotics.
    sure sounds like you have to me. i hope you can find a good dr to help you. lyme can do great harm if left untreated. you will just get worse. at the same time, i would also get tested for EBV to see if maybe you may have CFS. high levels of EBV can also make you feel this way, pain all over, no energy etc. good luck and please let us know how you make out on this.
    karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2004, 06:57 AM   #17
    lymeyinok

lymeyinok HB User
    Smile Re: symptoms alot like MS, Is it or is it Lymes Disease?

Don't we all go thru these Dr. fiascos!!! I live in Ok and tho I have had 4 positive IgM on WB for Lymes, my docs still think it could be false positive!! I have stomped my feet alot and have gotten one dr. to at least test and listen! I am going to a Lymes Literate Dr. C in Springfield MO- will let you know how it goes - you should definately find one yourself - hoping by now you have!! Your symptoms parallel mine - hang in there and find the right Dr. - this is not in your head (well, you probably do have those nasty spiroquites in there!!!) [ removed ]

Last edited by moderator2; 07-01-2004 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Not allowed to post other boards - please review the posting rules. Thank you!

Closed Thread