It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• intercourse after LEEP

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-22-2004, 09:01 AM   #1
    JLTJR

JLTJR HB User
    Question intercourse after LEEP

Ok, I waited the required 6 weeks to have intercourse with my husband post LEEP and it was pretty darn difficult and just a little on the painful side. I thought maybe it was because it had been a while (really about 8 weeks due to my cycle before having colopscopy and LEEP), but the second time wasn't much better. To me, my cervix felt tender and almost swollen. Normal or just nerves? Should I ask the good doctor about this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2004, 07:12 PM   #2
    tabs2b

tabs2b HB User
    Re: intercourse after LEEP

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JLTJR
    Ok, I waited the required 6 weeks to have intercourse with my husband post LEEP and it was pretty darn difficult and just a little on the painful side. I thought maybe it was because it had been a while (really about 8 weeks due to my cycle before having colopscopy and LEEP), but the second time wasn't much better. To me, my cervix felt tender and almost swollen. Normal or just nerves? Should I ask the good doctor about this?
    Hey JLTR--

I was quite sore after the first couple of times too. But, if it continues, I would see your doc.

Old 06-23-2004, 12:05 PM   #3
    terri77

terri77 HB User

When I had my Leep last summer...I waited six weeks to have sex also. But, I never had any sort of pain during or after. Just check with your Dr. to see if everything is OK! Take Care!

Old 07-01-2004, 11:46 AM   #4
    chell808
    (female)

chell808 HB User

I would like to hear more responses to this. I had my LEEP done last week and didn't really think much of how it would feel to have sex again after I wait the required amount of time - I guess I just figured if I was healed it would be the same as before. Now I'm worried that it will hurt when I resume sexual activities!

Old 07-01-2004, 02:39 PM   #5
    JLTJR

JLTJR HB User

Just an update, all is now well in this particular area

Old 07-06-2004, 07:04 AM   #6
    KimRick
    Inactive

KimRick HB User

I had the LEEP about 6 weeks ago and I am SO READY to start having sex again. HOWEVER, aunt flow and uncle red are here this week, so I have another week to wait. The only thing that I'm nervous about is the fact that there might be some pain. I went to the doctor last Friday and he said that my cervix was healed up and that it was OK to resume intercourse and normal activities. I just don't want to think of pain!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JLTJR
    Just an update, all is now well in this particular area

Closed Thread