It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Accutane Journal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-09-2004, 06:10 AM   #31
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BostonGirl44 HB User
    Re: Accutane Journal

Quote:
    Originally Posted by soulman
    Hello all.....

How can you guys afford to go to a cruise? Boston and others?

Does people on accutane get rash/dermatitis during treatment?

And do they go away easily? I hope they don't stay there for a long time.

I don't mind getting it on my body, but my neck.....now that's no good. Might have to wear band aid with all these redness and patches of dry skin on my neck.

I guess lip balm would be good for these dermatitis because moisturiser are too weak. I am going to get some soon.

Good luck to you all.
    I do wonder if a lot of people on accutane get these rashes. I've always had sensitive skin but this is just ridiculous. I sometimes feel itchy all over and have to try so hard not to scratch. I actually got rid of my acryllic nails so that I wouldn't have anything to scratch with! Now as soon as I get out of the shower, I slather on body butter from Bath and Body Works and it seems to help. It's only been 2 days so I'm hoping I start to see some improvement.

And as for the cruise, I'm dirt poor but I'm in desperate need of a vacation from work. Plus, it ended up not being too expensive because we're not flying anywhere, we're leaving out of Boston.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2004, 08:12 AM   #32
    JiminyBiscuit

JiminyBiscuit HB User

I am on day 8 of accutane and the extreme oiliness is starting to die down.
    I've been breaking out a little and have had one single pimple that forms a giant whitehead (i mean huge!). It will dry up and fall off over the course of a few days and then fill up and turn white again... and again... I have resisted the urge to pick at it or touch it at all hoping that it will not leave a huge mark. As far as side-effects go, I have had a headache twice but neither were that bad. Also, dry hair and lips but not too bad yet.
    I work with kindergarten children and yesterday a 5 year-old kid drew a picture for me. It was a picture of me complete with big exaggerated red spots all over the face. I didn't know what to say and felt about two inches tall. I know that the she didn't know any better and certainly didn't mean anything by it but I still have never been more embarassed in my entire life.

Old 07-09-2004, 01:27 PM   #33
    mirage9

mirage9 HB User

hey guys, im only two weeks into my accutane treatment and my once unbelievablely oily skin is really dry and flaking...esp around my lips..i use some vaseline intensive care moisturizer, but its not that great and i dont know it will make me break out even more...i was wondering if anyone knew of any good moisturizers that dont make you break out even more.thanks.

Old 07-09-2004, 01:30 PM   #34
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mirage9
    hey guys, im only two weeks into my accutane treatment and my once unbelievablely oily skin is really dry and flaking...esp around my lips..i use some vaseline intensive care moisturizer, but its not that great and i dont know it will make me break out even more...i was wondering if anyone knew of any good moisturizers that dont make you break out even more.thanks.
    I personally like Cetaphil moisture for my face and body butter from Bath and Body Works for all the other parts of me that have dried out.

Old 07-09-2004, 05:45 PM   #35
    DiselPower4
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

DiselPower4 HB User

I hate going out outside when the sun is up. It feels like the sun rays penetrate my skin. I feel like a vampire. I dont want to use sunscreen because it makes my face all shinny. LOL What i also hate is when i workout it face gets really red like if i was up side down for a minute. Cant wait until im off. My face is doing better. Its almost a fact that everytime the DERM raises the dosage one will break out. Many people said that happens to thenm and its happening to me.

DISEL reporting!! IM out of here.

Old 07-09-2004, 06:42 PM   #36
    JiminyBiscuit

JiminyBiscuit HB User

mirage9-
    try 'Purpose Dual Moisturizer with SPF15'

Old 07-09-2004, 07:34 PM   #37
    mirage9

mirage9 HB User

thanks for the advice guys...ive heard alot of good things about cetaphil before.

Old 07-09-2004, 07:42 PM   #38
    DiselPower4
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

DiselPower4 HB User

Cetaphil is the best moisturizor out there...

Old 07-10-2004, 08:07 PM   #39
    bunny9987
    Veteran
    (female)

bunny9987 HB User

hey, just wanted to say Accutane is awesome!! I started last July-Dec. So i have been off of it for 6 mo. now. For side effects, dry skin, lips and a rash on the back of my hands, some joint pain. and CLEAR SKIN.
    I read on the instructions that accutane is a fat soluble. So when I took it I drank whole milk with it.
    I looked sooo bad, i looked like a monster. Now I am beautiful.

oh yea and i totally changed my diet at the time, now i eat lots of fruit and veggies, drink lots of water, and take vitamins.

My skin is oily now, but its normal oily, not anything near like before to fuel those cysts. If i get a little blemish, its the size if a needlepoint. and it was prob. because i was sweating or something.

I use Mary Kay Deep Cleanser 3 , Burt's bees tomato soap /toner. Proactiv, Neurtogena clear pore mask/cleanser and queen helene mint julip mask

TAKE CARE!!
    Melissa

Old 07-10-2004, 08:33 PM   #40
    DiselPower4
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

DiselPower4 HB User

Thats cool i hope i have clear skin in the end.

Old 07-11-2004, 08:45 PM   #41
    DiselPower4
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

DiselPower4 HB User

Accutane update, 3rd month. Im recovering from my break out i had. Finally.... Hopefully i will ask my DERM to stay on 80 mgs for the remainder of the treatment. So i wont break out again. New side effects n/a just my arms and legs are drier. No change in mood or night vision. Now i believe that everytime i go to the DERM my cholesterol is higher than before but the DERM said nothing to worry about. I had a low cholestorol to begin with. My back is 100% clear now. That acutally help me get accutane. Chest still have but not alot as before.

Old 07-12-2004, 12:07 AM   #42
    soulman

soulman HB User

Hello
    Accutane Update
    Been on it for 18 days. All around mouth are dry and flakey. Even moisturiser can't get rid of them. Neck are still red. I take anti-histamines for the itch. I hope it doesn't interact with the accutane. Lower my dose from 40mg to 20mg per day to ease the side effect. My outer ear are dry and the face is a little red.

My oil has decreased. I have been showering once a day for the last 3 days because of the dryness and because my oil production has decreased. Who here shower once a day?

I am using this drug for oiliness so as far as breakouts, there are few in between. Red marks are still present from old lesion before I started. I will check out with my dermatologist regarding the neck issue in 2 weeks time and for the blood check.

GL to you all.

Last edited by soulman; 07-12-2004 at 12:08 AM.

Old 07-12-2004, 01:19 PM   #43
    JiminyBiscuit

JiminyBiscuit HB User

I am now on day 12. This is the first time in months that I have not had any really bad spots and am actually pretty comfortable going out in public. I'm nowhere near clear but it is looking better. I have been using benzaclin on the problem areas even though my derm told me not to - if it's too irritating i'll stop. This is very exciting for me as I haven't noticed any progress with any treatment for the longest time. May just be coincidence but I like to think that the accutane is working already. I am a bit surprised since for most it takes at least a few months. I usually get huuuuuge whiteheads and a few cysts here and there. Also, my oil production has died down quite noticeably. For about 3-4 days i was extremely oily - more than ever, and then it just stopped one morning. I still have the same amount of pimples that I did before but now they look more like 'regular' acne spots and not big freakish monsters. I just hope it stays that way (especially when I raise my dosage to 80 instead of 40)
    As far as side-effects go... So far just extreme dryness of the lips. Eyes are also just a little dry. Only once I had a headache that lasted a few hours. Nothing too bad.

Old 07-12-2004, 02:33 PM   #44
    whyme14

whyme14 HB User

i plan on starting accutane thiss week.. i am kind of nervous though i am more excited.. my skin is not very irritable.. and i have never had one bloody nose in my life so im hoping the side effects arent to severe for me.. i hope this is my break through... i cant stand acne ne more... exspecailly when they hurt... i will try to put up some posts once im on.. i really do enjoy reading this journal.. its helped me alot

Old 07-12-2004, 09:07 PM   #45
    DiselPower4
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

DiselPower4 HB User

i just got a nose beed right now. Ah well. my face is clearing up im not using any topicals anymore. and my skin is finally smooth. Just those chapped lips!!! But for some reason when i sweat i start itching!!!!

Closed Thread