It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board

• Low CBC Counts

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-22-2004, 11:26 AM   #1
    CKUCLER

CKUCLER HB User
    Low CBC Counts

Hi everyone,
    I am new to the board and I am hoping someone could help explain my blood work to me.
    I have low WBC (3.2) Low MPV (7.3) and Low Absolute Lymphocytes (755L)
    I have had Low WBC's for awhile and they have been monitoring it. Then my lymph node in my neck (Below my ear) swelled but it hasn't increased. Again, the Dr. just monitored it.
    Well about a month ago I became very sick with Bronchitis and my body wasn't doing well in fighting the infection. So, they put me on all kinds of steroids and meds to help. It's better but it's been four weeks and if I even try to stop any medicine my lungs instantly go bad.
    So, they said they were going to test me for Leukemia, Lymphoma and Lupus SLE. Those are my test results above and they are testing me again next week and said we will go from there.
    Does anyone know what way they may be leaning towards?
    I have been feeling awful for quite a few months. I feel like I have the flu but I don't. I also get body aches that are so bad I don't want to get out of bed.
    Anyone's help with my blood work and what it might indicate would be of great help. Oh, I also know that my ASO AB blood work was mildly high at 210 H. I don't even know what that test is for.
    Thanks for anyone who took the time to read this. Any help would be greatful. THANKS!
    ckucler

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2004, 11:49 AM   #2
    Marimac
    Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User
    Re: Low CBC Counts

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CKUCLER
    Hi everyone,
    I am new to the board and I am hoping someone could help explain my blood work to me.
    I have low WBC (3.2) Low MPV (7.3) and Low Absolute Lymphocytes (755L)
    I have had Low WBC's for awhile and they have been monitoring it. Then my lymph node in my neck (Below my ear) swelled but it hasn't increased. Again, the Dr. just monitored it.
    Well about a month ago I became very sick with Bronchitis and my body wasn't doing well in fighting the infection. So, they put me on all kinds of steroids and meds to help. It's better but it's been four weeks and if I even try to stop any medicine my lungs instantly go bad.
    So, they said they were going to test me for Leukemia, Lymphoma and Lupus SLE. Those are my test results above and they are testing me again next week and said we will go from there.
    Does anyone know what way they may be leaning towards?
    I have been feeling awful for quite a few months. I feel like I have the flu but I don't. I also get body aches that are so bad I don't want to get out of bed.
    Anyone's help with my blood work and what it might indicate would be of great help. Oh, I also know that my ASO AB blood work was mildly high at 210 H. I don't even know what that test is for.
    Thanks for anyone who took the time to read this. Any help would be greatful. THANKS!
    ckucler
    ASO AB test is for hepititis infection.
    The doctor is looking for any types of diseases that would cause your lymphocytes to be dropping. The natural killer cells that would help to prevent infection seem to be pretty low if that is your total lymphocyte count. You did not indicate what the granulocytes are and they are important in keeping away bacterial infections.Flu symptoms are associated with all the diseases you named above. There are also some acute allergic reactions that are severe enough in symptoms to put any one's life at risk. The withdrawal symptoms from steroids will also cause flu -like symptoms and depression, so it sounds like you are really feeling pretty bad.
    I hope that your doctor gets you on the road to recovery soon.

Old 07-22-2004, 12:13 PM   #3
    CKUCLER

CKUCLER HB User

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. I think my Granulocytes are o.k. I'll have to look when I get home. Thanks also for letting me know what the ASO tests for.

Old 07-23-2004, 09:10 AM   #4
    Suecat3

Suecat3 HB User

I have SLE (lupus), and my white cell count has been low for a couple of years. I also have a couple swollen lymph nodes in my neck; they've been there for over six months now. They haven't increased or decreased in size, and they don't hurt. Both of these things go can go along with having lupus. As in your case, my doctor is monitoring both of these things. Good luck, and keep us posted! Sue

Old 07-23-2004, 11:12 AM   #5
    CKUCLER

CKUCLER HB User

Sue,
    Thanks for responding, I am very curious of the symptoms of Lupus SLE. I know they're closely related to leukemia and lymphoma but I don't know much about it. I'm actually leaning more towards lupus myself but it doesn't sound like I have all the symptoms.
    Do you have the butterfly rash? What kind of symptoms do you experience? Do you ever have days or weeks you feel better?
    I have fatigue, itching lately, my left leg aches a lot and now it's pretty much my whole body. I've never had bronchitis before and now I've gotten it and can't get rid of it.
    Any information you can give me on this I would really appreciate. Thanks for your help
    ckucler

Old 07-23-2004, 05:23 PM   #6
    Suecat3

Suecat3 HB User

Hello again...there are many good, reputable sites where you can get some info on lupus symptoms, testing, treatment, etc. Not sure if I'm allowed to give out other web site info here or not, but a good place to start would be the Lupus Foundation's site (just go to Google and type in "Lupus Foundation of America" and it'll take you there). If you prefer reading books, a good one is "The Lupus Book", by Daniel Wallace, MD. Many people in my support group recommend it. (I myself haven't read it yet, but I'll probably be getting it in the near future for reference). And, of course, talk with your doc about any questions you have on your health; he/she knows you best! Sue

Closed Thread