It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Dizzy 24/7

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-02-2004, 07:40 AM   #16
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
    Re: Dizzy 24/7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jordie
    I had this dizzy feeling too - like walking on a boat, or when stepping feeling like the floor goes spongy. Also sometimes it was so bad that I felt like I was being pushed sideways. arghhh. it was the worst thing ever. I cried so much, and would just curl up on the floor in the feotal position sobbing. urghhh.
    Once I had my MRI on my brain I started feeling better. Also an osteopath helped me tremendously.

Here's what you need to do.
    1. Accept it's anxiety and nothing serious. Look how many on this board have it too.
    2. Try to let it happen and continue on with your life as best you can, keep busy.
    3. Go see an osteopath or a chiropractor. My neck was out so this can also put pressure on nerves. My chrio was convinced that was the cause, I know it was anxiety. It happened straight after I had a MAJOR panic attack in hospital after a knee reco. Was dizzy for 3 months straight. I still get dizzy sometimes but nowhere near as much.

Good luck - it will go away.

this is good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2004, 12:43 PM   #17
    junior26
    (male)

junior26 HB User

One day over a month ago, while sitting in front of my computer, I got a severe dizzy/fainting spell, out of nowhere. I've had the spacey feeling 24/7 since then. I've had all the symptoms of anxiety come and go (tight neck, weakness, tremors, diarrhea, etc), but the spacey feeling has never left. And it's the symptom that's causing me the most worry!

Once a week or so, I will get one of those fainting spells, out of the blue. I never actually faint though. It usually happens when I'm reading about health issues on the net trying to diagnose myself, or when I'm tired, or when I have a headache causing pressure in my head. Today, I had 2 or 3 of those spells while reading this forum. When they occur, I also feel a pressure on the bridge of my nose. I don't know if it's anxiety or what. I went to the ER twice, but after a quick checkup, normal ECG's, and BP of 180/105 they say it's anxiety. I went to the clinic twice also, and the doctor told me to get some psychological help.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Old 08-02-2004, 02:06 PM   #18
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by junior26
    One day over a month ago, while sitting in front of my computer, I got a severe dizzy/fainting spell, out of nowhere. I've had the spacey feeling 24/7 since then. I've had all the symptoms of anxiety come and go (tight neck, weakness, tremors, diarrhea, etc), but the spacey feeling has never left. And it's the symptom that's causing me the most worry!

Once a week or so, I will get one of those fainting spells, out of the blue. I never actually faint though. It usually happens when I'm reading about health issues on the net trying to diagnose myself, or when I'm tired, or when I have a headache causing pressure in my head. Today, I had 2 or 3 of those spells while reading this forum. When they occur, I also feel a pressure on the bridge of my nose. I don't know if it's anxiety or what. I went to the ER twice, but after a quick checkup, normal ECG's, and BP of 180/105 they say it's anxiety. I went to the clinic twice also, and the doctor told me to get some psychological help.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
    I know when one is having an anxiety attack or in anxiety mode, the blood pressure goes up, but I would keep a follow up on that blood pressure. 180 is pretty high, that's 20 points less than 200. This alone can cause major dizziness/fainting/headaches, etc. Psychological help is great, nothing to be afraid of. I've been in therapy now for almost 6 months for Post Traumatic STress Disorder from car accident and my brother's death. But I would follow that blood pressure if I were you.

Andrea

Old 10-07-2004, 03:27 PM   #19
    clock
    Inactive

clock HB User

hi, i have the same issues. I feel like im walking on a waterbed and unsteady when standing. I trying to find out if its anxiety. I feel a pulse at the back of my neck when I sleep. I have a heavy head too. I was wondering what this could be. I had major panic attacks in the past thinking i had all kinds of disease now i think its ms or tumor. I want to get off this boat. i get dizzy too like the floor is moving.

Last edited by clock; 10-07-2004 at 03:28 PM.

Old 03-20-2005, 04:42 PM   #20
    Dartanian
    (male)

Dartanian HB User

Hi everyone

I have been feeling this slight dizziness too.
    Couple years ago I started feeling this.
    Dr told me my blood pressure was rather high and told me
    to do something about it. So I started eatting healthier and lost
    some weight. Not sure if that was the solution or not, but that feeling
    started going away (although not completely)

Lately it has come back while I havent put the weight back on.
    I feel as though there is a train running past a few blocks away and I can
    sense the swaying without actually being dizzy and a little lightheaded.
    Also at night I can lay in bed and feel my body rock from my heart beat
    although my heart is not racing. More like its beating harder and causing
    me to feel the internal pulsing feeling.

Once in a while I get a slight ringing in the ears, but never last longer than
    a few seconds. This happens maybe once every few months.
    I do get heart palpatations once in a while too, but nothing alarming.
    (I assume we all get them once in a while)

Not sure if any of you are feeling this same TYPE of thing or not...
    Because this is all in the head, it is impossible not to focus my attention on it.
    Also makes it hard to concentrate and causes me to become a little more anxious.

Any thoughts on this?

Old 03-20-2005, 08:49 PM   #21
    Princessawa23

Princessawa23 HB User

I have had these same symptoms for almost an entire year now. I was diagnosed with TMJ which is what I was told was causing the lightheadedness, spacey feelings, headaches, light sensitivity, etc. I was fine until I went to the dentist last year and the muscles in my cheeks and jaws started spasming causing a "chain reaction" that pulled my bones and muscles out of whack. I think, however, that although this is how my symptoms started, that it is obviously different for everyone. I believe for each of us, some sort of traumatic experience to the body caused these symptoms, like maybe a car accident or riding a roller coaster shook our systems out of whack. Maybe for some people it just came and crept up slowly in time just from growing. That's the only thing I can think of. A friend recommended someone to me and at first I was skeptical because she is not an M.D. but since no one else has been able to cure me of the spaciness (not even my current Neuromuscular dentist whom I have given $26,000 to ...long story) I figured I'd give it a shot. She is an impath, which apparently means she can feel my pain and discomfort and my body "tells" her where to go. She's sort of like a massage therapist, but what she actually does is called Cranial Sacral Therapy. What she tried to explain to me (and I knew I should've written this down, I'll do the best I can) was that basically all your muscles and bones ar connected so that suppose you hurt your foot when you were a child, as weird as it sounds, if it never healed properly that could cause an imbalance in your whole body system that could be causing headaches or whatever ails you in your adult life. So far I have had one session with her and she made me feel really comfortable and she knew just what I was going to say before i even said it and went right to the spots that were hurting me. She asked me if I had ever had back problems or braces as these things can really twist your body system out of whack, and I did. I had braces for 5 years as a kid (which my current dentist says is what lead to my TMJ) and wore a back brace for acouple years also as a child. She seems to think that the spacey feeling is caused by a lack of spinal fluid to the brain or something like that I can't remember her exact words, but it makes total sense since whenever I feel like that I am always thinking to myself that it totally feels like I am not getting enough oxygen to my brain..it's as if i have done drugs or something, but I know I have not. When your body is in destress certain parts can get twisted and before you know it certain important things can get "cutoff". I know it sounds crazy, but she is the only person in a year that has offered such an explanation. Everyone else has just blamed it on stress and anxiety. Well I know I wasn't stressed before I started getting all these random weird and uncomfortable symptoms..actually my life was quite good and looking up. And I had been taking prozak for my anxiety at the time and it was working really well until that day I went to the dentist. And I have lived with anxiety and depression since i was like 8 years old and never felt dizzy before at all. I have another session next week, so I will keep everyone updated. If anyone is curious about cranial sacral therapy check out the Upledger Institute. i think that's what it's called. Good luck and hope everyone feels better. I know it's a scary feeling and it flat out sucks to be living like this. Try to keep your heads up. I try my hardest everyday to wear a smile and pretend to be really happy when I go to work so no one will suspect and it almost makes me forget. It almost works. I will say prayers. ---Sarah

Old 03-21-2005, 08:36 AM   #22
    lisa30777
    (female)

lisa30777 HB User

I also feel a pressure on the bridge of my nose.

i also get this very strange

Last edited by lisa30777; 03-21-2005 at 08:36 AM.

Old 03-21-2005, 06:35 PM   #23
    yelps
    (male)

yelps HB User

Do you have low blood pressure?

Old 03-21-2005, 07:21 PM   #24
    ltshears
    (female)

ltshears HB User
    Unhappy Re: Dizzy 24/7

This is my experience..

In 2002 i had my first ever major panic attack, at the time i didnt' know what it was.. Anyways, i was dizzy every single day for a over a year before i was finally put on Zoloft and later switched to paxil cr.. I also had all the tests done and everything came back fine.. I have just recently had another panic attack about 3 weeks ago and have been dizzy every since..

My dizzy symptoms are that i feel like my head is swaying back and forth with my heart beat and this motion or feeling of motion makes me feel really dizzy and somtimes sick to my stomach.. Reading this forum seems to make it worse as well.. I just got a new prescription to up my paxil cr and will see if this helps me. I also got a prescription for ativan but not sure if it is safe to take when i have young children to care for so a bit scared about taking it. I am so glad i found this forum because i was so scared that no doctors could help me and i am happy to know that i am not the only one who has these dizzy symptoms..

I would like to know, does anyone else have this head swaying back and forth dizziness like i do? That doesn't seem to go away even when i am not anxious.. I am hoping it will go away soon because i do not want to feel like this for a year again..

Please respond.
    Thanks
    Trish

Old 03-23-2005, 10:04 AM   #25
    Dartanian
    (male)

Dartanian HB User

Hi Trish

The head swaying thing is a good description for what I feel as well.

It seems to get worse for me when I find myself overly focusing on those internal checks like...
    am I feeling any pain? - is my heart beating too fast? - am I swaying or dizzy?
    Most times I will find that I am swaying, or feeling slightly dizzy which makes me
    focus even more on the issue and makes the condition even worse.

I DO NOT want to start taking drugs for this thing, and am trying to find ways to cope.
    If I am feeling dizzy or whatever, I will intentionally do something that will
    make me concentrate on someone else.

It is a relief to find that I am not alone in all this.
    Be sure to stay active in here and let us know of any success or suggestions.

Thank You
    Dartanian

Old 03-23-2005, 11:48 AM   #26
    ltshears
    (female)

ltshears HB User

Thanks for your reply Dartanian.

the medication did seem to help me as i hadn't had a panic attack for a least a year until recently so i did have some relief from the symptoms.. However the body and swaying is annoying me to the point that i think i make it worse as i think about it too much.. I also seem to feel worse in grocery stores and things like that..

If i am up and moving around i tend to not notice the symtoms as much. Or maybe is just because i am focusing on something else, not sure

I have also went to the doctors on a few occasions when i woke in the morning and could not walk as the room was spinning and i had no balance.. Which got better as the day went on, doctor doesn't know what causes this, he says he thinks some kind of pressure is being put on the neck causing temporary loss of blood flow or something to the brain when i am sleeping.. not sure if i believe him or not but all of my tests have come back fine..

I enjoy these boards , and am so happy to know that i am not the only person going through this and it is also a relief to know that it is just anxiety , i just keep telling myself everyday that i am not going to let this beat me.. I know that i can fight it and i will.. besides i have 2 small children who need me and me moping around all the time isn't helping them at all either..

I will be sure to post on here often whith what i am going through..

Thanks
    Trish

Old 03-24-2005, 05:20 PM   #27
    DreaC11

DreaC11 HB User

What I feel like isn't exactly dizzy, although I could see how someone might call it that. Mine is more like a 24/7 spacey, foggy, disconnected feeling. It is almost like I am looking through a fish bowl. I've been dealing with it for about four months now, and have been to see a whole slew of doctors (allergist, neurologsit, ENT, psychiatrist, opthomologist) I always feel better in the morning, usually about an hour or so, then the fog starts to set in. Ocassionally I'll get a good day or so, when I feel 80% or 85% like my normal self, where the fog is just sort of lurking in the background. It waxes and wanes during the day, but it is pretty much there all the time. I have been given the anxiety diagnosis, which I am willing to consider and have started Lexapro to see if it helps, but I am sure this is not anxiety. People with inner ear and sinus problems explain how I am feeling down to a tee, only they seem to have other symptoms like vertigo or facial pressure. When all this began, I also spontaneously developed an allergy to just about everything, so I am also pretty sure that whatever the problem is, it has something to do with allergies. The reason I am so sure that fog/spacey/disconnected feeling is physical is because it gets better and worse complelty independent of my mood. Sometime I'll be in a great mood, and the fog will set in pretty heavy, but I'll just push on through and not let it get to me. Other times, when I get anxious about it, living with it forever, the effect it is having on my school work and life in general etc... it does not get any worse. The fog functions complelty independent of my mood. When I stress out over tests, when I do yoga, when I talk to my therapist, none of this affects how strong it is. Can a condition caused by anxiety be unaffected by feeling anxious (or not anxious)? Any thoughts?

Old 03-24-2005, 10:00 PM   #28
    stcarlsen
    (male)

stcarlsen HB User

Hey, i have had similar problems for almost a year, and have had every test there is, and have also been fighting with the "anxiety" diagnosis, because i too do not feel the immediate connection between my mood and my symptoms. some days i will be feeling in a great mood and very dizzy, and stuff. i thinkl the hardest thing for me has been to come to terms with the fact that there is no real explanation for the problem from the doctors, but i do believe that it is psychologically rooted. i have been dealing with this every day, and it has completely changed my life, so if you have any questions feel free to ask. sometimes it helps to know that youre not crazy. i guess i just figure that eventually things will get better. hang in there.

Old 03-25-2005, 05:45 PM   #29
    ltshears
    (female)

ltshears HB User

I, i just wanted to add that I also have my dizzy symptoms on days when i am in a good mood, it never seems to go away.. But i have noticed that if get angry i tend to feel like crap instantly.. i am pretty sure that my dizziness and body swaying with heartbeat is related to my anxiety because both times i had these dizzy symptoms was after a few days of bad anxiety and panic attacks.. The hard part is getting rid of the dizziness, i think the paxil helped me last time which is why i have upped my dose, we will see how i feel in the coming weeks..

Old 03-28-2005, 04:55 AM   #30
    Dartanian
    (male)

Dartanian HB User

Hi Again

You're right Trish, finding these boards have been a big help.
    Now I know I am not the only bobblehead around

Talked to another Doctor today, and the diet thing came up again.
    Before I started feeling this spinning/rocking thing, my diet consisted of mostly
    anything I could get my hands on.
    Once this hit though, I changed my eating habits quick.

I started on a kind of atkins diet with my own twist.
    I wanted my diet to consist of foods that were real and not proccessed.
    Less fatty foods, few carbs (rarely bread, pasta, rice or patatoes) and no sugar whatsoever
    I ate mostly salads, fruits, fish and veggies. My beverages were milk,
    water and coffee. Dont ask me to give up coffee.

I am not sure if this diet had anything to do with these feelings
    subsiding or not, but the feelings did seem to go away shortly after.
    In the past 4 months or so, I have been less picky with my diet.
    I may have gained 5 - 10 pounds (nothing too much) but the quality of foods
    I am eating is not the same. Now I am beginning to feel these spinning/rocking
    feelings again.

I know better than to assume its the diet that cured this,
    but physically I did feel so much better.
    I am about to start this healthier eating way of life again and see where
    this goes.

Hope to read more from you all soon!

Dartanian

Closed Thread