It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• How many people out there are thin and have acne?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-05-2004, 11:15 AM   #61
    alltaken
    (female)

alltaken HB User
    Re: How many people out there are thin and have acne?

I too am thin and have acne. I'm 30 years old and I've had it, (and have been thin all my life), since I was a teenager. I have the moderate/severe end of acne, which sucks. I have never seen clear skin, without a single breakout, on my face since my young adult life. I am so use to it now that it just wouldn't be 'normal' if I didn't have zits. I don't let my kids or anyone for that fact, touch my face. I wash it and take care of it religiously though. Nothing has worked for me, and I finally decided that I do indeed need professional help for it. Now the kind of acne I have isn't covering my whole face, but I will have between 1-3 severe cysts on my cheeks, one side or the other, and sometimes both, and my chin is a happenin' spot for pimples as well. Now that I'm 30, my acne is now spreading along my jaw line and onto my neck alittle bit. I do have oily skin and I've got to wash it throughout the day a few times, so it's not like I don't try to get rid of it, I just can't get rid of it. I've been on medication, washing with a prescribed facial wash, and using a medicated application for the surface of my face now for alittle over a month. I have even gotten a chemical peel done as well. I still am breaking out, and because I'm 30, yes I do have some scarring from it. My Derm. said that this is normal right now. So I'm hoping for some great results in about a month or so. I'm a patient person and like I said this acne is nothing new to me, but just knowing that I'm on my way to dimishing it is a relief to me. .....so let's see, I'm working on my acne, I've gotten my teeth straightened (on the top), I'd like to get my nose done, I just feel like a mess, but yet I'm not an ugly person. I just need to tweek some things! I apologize for the long reply, but I'm glad I going to post this, because I'm sure there's someone out there who relates to me. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2004, 08:08 PM   #62
    shutterlag

shutterlag HB User

i'm 5'3 and i weigh 92 lbs. earlier this summer i was a more healthy weight, and since i've lost weight my acne has gotten a fair amount worse despite being on antibiotics (topical and oral). there's no way of knowing what caused it, really.. but years ago when i was somewhat chubby, i had no acne. AT ALL. so now, i finally like my body but my skin is awful.
    i think the severity of my acne depends in part on my weight because of my hormones, not the food i eat- when you're underweight your hormones change (hence fewer periods, etc). i've been very underweight before and acne definitely seems to get worse the less i weigh. however, this is the worst acne i've ever had and i have been skinnier, so i think weight is one of many factors.

Old 08-06-2004, 12:23 AM   #63
    Karl2
    (male)

Karl2 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alltaken
    I too am thin and have acne. I'm 30 years old and I've had it, (and have been thin all my life), since I was a teenager. I have the moderate/severe end of acne, which sucks. I have never seen clear skin, without a single breakout, on my face since my young adult life. I am so use to it now that it just wouldn't be 'normal' if I didn't have zits. I don't let my kids or anyone for that fact, touch my face. I wash it and take care of it religiously though. Nothing has worked for me, and I finally decided that I do indeed need professional help for it. Now the kind of acne I have isn't covering my whole face, but I will have between 1-3 severe cysts on my cheeks, one side or the other, and sometimes both, and my chin is a happenin' spot for pimples as well. Now that I'm 30, my acne is now spreading along my jaw line and onto my neck alittle bit. I do have oily skin and I've got to wash it throughout the day a few times, so it's not like I don't try to get rid of it, I just can't get rid of it. I've been on medication, washing with a prescribed facial wash, and using a medicated application for the surface of my face now for alittle over a month. I have even gotten a chemical peel done as well. I still am breaking out, and because I'm 30, yes I do have some scarring from it. My Derm. said that this is normal right now. So I'm hoping for some great results in about a month or so. I'm a patient person and like I said this acne is nothing new to me, but just knowing that I'm on my way to dimishing it is a relief to me. .....so let's see, I'm working on my acne, I've gotten my teeth straightened (on the top), I'd like to get my nose done, I just feel like a mess, but yet I'm not an ugly person. I just need to tweek some things! I apologize for the long reply, but I'm glad I going to post this, because I'm sure there's someone out there who relates to me. Thanks.
    Thanks for contributing that post. I know what you mean about the tweaking; I'm going to get mine (nose) done too. Good luck.

Old 08-06-2004, 12:54 AM   #64
    tiggerbuddy
    Veteran
    (female)

tiggerbuddy HB User

I'm thin with acne (5'5", 115 lbs.) I've had acne since I was 15 (I'm 24 now).

Old 08-06-2004, 06:27 AM   #65
    alltaken
    (female)

alltaken HB User

You're welcome!

Old 08-14-2004, 02:56 PM   #66
    christychristy
    Inactive

christychristy HB User

I don't think that there is a great connection between weight and acne but I'm not an expert. Anywayz think about models... they're super skinny and look at their skin. It has more to do with age because a person can be skinny their entire life and may start breaking out a a teenager. Think about it how many 7 year old kids do you see with acne, regardless of their weight?

Last edited by christychristy; 08-14-2004 at 03:02 PM.

Old 08-14-2004, 03:24 PM   #67
    smyth

smyth HB User

Hi guys,
    lol i was thinkin the exact same question today that is unreal. I also class myself as underwight i have struggled most my teen life to gain weight which is very hard to do.I can eat meal after meal and not see any weight put on, i am now on weight gain shakes and i see no results.I am 5ft 11inch and about 156lbs i have mild acne but this is only because i am on oxytetracycline.My mum and my uncle were very thin and they both suffer from acne even now in their early 40's and ive heard acne is hereditary so i guess im stuck with it for a while.I have just put an order in for some B5 im gonna see if that clears things up.You kno how there are many types of acne maybe underweight people have a totally different type of acne to obese people therefore needing a totally different medication.(or maybe not i dunno lol)

Old 08-15-2004, 07:33 AM   #68
    Kari7171
    (female)

Kari7171 HB User

My experience has been the more I weigh the worse my skin is because to get my weight up there I eat all kinds of foods that end up making me break out. The thinner I am the clearer my face is because I am avoiding all kinds of foods that make my face react so I get skinnier and my face clears up.

Old 06-27-2005, 03:12 PM   #69
    YumYumPieee

YumYumPieee HB User

I'm 17 yrs old, weigh 115lbs and have moderate acne... its so depressing...

Old 06-27-2005, 03:49 PM   #70
    health15
    (female)

health15 HB User

I'm 5'6'' and 118 lbs and have always been thin. My MD said that my thyroid was normal, but on the lower end of the range.I have been a partial veggetarian since I was 29, eat very healthy, and exercise regularly. My acne has mostly been mild, and I thought I had "grown out of it" after age 30. I still didn't have pretty skin, but there were almost no pimples for 7 beautiful years! For some reason at age 37 I broke out worse than I ever did in my whole life. It is slowly going away, but it never left marks like this before. Why don't dermatologist ever check for reasons WHY we are getting the acne? They just seem to treat the symptoms!

Last edited by health15; 06-27-2005 at 05:48 PM.

Old 06-27-2005, 04:43 PM   #71
    SparkZ

SparkZ HB User

I'm 5'1" and 140lbs and I have had acne from the time I was 11 till 23. I recently found murad and it's completely clear now.

Old 06-27-2005, 08:12 PM   #72
    kittenkaboodle6
    (female)

kittenkaboodle6 HB User

I am probably one of the thinnest here...
    6 feet tall, 120 lbs
    I hit 125 recently but it fluxuates. I have always been really thin, and this is even 10 lbs more than I had been for years. I'm 21 years old and have had troublesome skin for 6 years or so. I had noticed this seeming coorelation between being thin and having bad skin. Does anyone have any actual theories as to why this is???

Old 06-30-2005, 12:21 PM   #73
    Miranda005
    (female)

Miranda005 HB User

Hello

I'm 5'2" and 102 pounds.(i'm a very tiny person) I eat alot and I MEAN ALOT!!! but not junk food mostly fruits and viggies when i need a snack in between meals. I've had acne since i was 20 i am now 25. sucks!, because my skin was so nice in highschool, oh well.

Miranda

Old 06-30-2005, 02:14 PM   #74
    Lovable~shell
    (female)

Lovable~shell HB User

I eat the MOST in my house.....i am only 15, 5'5'' and 110 i was recently 100 but i'm hoping to gain more, i'd rather look healthy than with a eating disorder!

Old 06-30-2005, 02:23 PM   #75
    FranktheTank
    (male)

FranktheTank HB User

I'm 5'10 and 148 lbs. And I have severe acne on the back and moderate on the chest and face. But its gettin better from the accutane. I also feel that the skinnier people are affected more by acne than the fatter and obese people. I have thought about it too. This may be completely wrong or whatever, its just something i thought about. Maybe if diet really has an affect on acne. And most obese people don't eat healthy at all. Maybe everything that the fatter and obese people eat stays inside them, especially the junk that they eat. And the junk that us skinnier people eat doesn't stay inside us. The toxins release through our skin and cause us to break out. And maybe thats why some of us are skinnier. I don't really know, it was just a thought. Even though there are skinny people who eat total crap and have clear skin and fat people with acne, but hey ya neva know.

Closed Thread