It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• The Wonders of Aloe Vera

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-05-2004, 01:33 PM   #61
    invisablebeauty

invisablebeauty HB User
    Re: The Wonders of Aloe Vera

thats what i do too, accutane dude. i wash my face with the proactiv cleanser,then put the toner on then the benzoyl cream...then i wait a bit and put on the differin cream and then the aloe b4 bed. i havent been waking up with any new pimples or anyhting so i guess its okay!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2004, 02:17 PM   #62
    surenitynow

surenitynow HB User

i dont know if anyone has asked yet but, how much does it usually cost?..for the fruit of the earth stuff...i really dont care because i would pay anything, but just wondering ...thanks!

Old 08-05-2004, 09:39 PM   #63
    replay57

replay57 HB User

i just bought a bottle and im trying it out tonite. It was around $5

Old 08-06-2004, 06:39 AM   #64
    replay57

replay57 HB User

Accutanedude, can u tell me how much you apply to ur face? I dont seem to be having that peeling effect in the morning

Old 08-06-2004, 07:27 PM   #65
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by replay57
    Accutanedude, can u tell me how much you apply to ur face? I dont seem to be having that peeling effect in the morning
    Well basically I load on as much as I can, like literally handfuls of the stuff all over my face. Now I don't even let it dry before I go to bed and even apply another coat before I go to bed and try not to smudge it too much.

If this still isn't working for you I guess it could be the brand your using. I know for a fact if you do this and use Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera Gel, you will get the peeling effect.

Let me know how this works or if you have anymore questions.

Last edited by Accutane Dude; 08-06-2004 at 07:30 PM.

Old 08-06-2004, 08:21 PM   #66
    replay57

replay57 HB User

Quote:
    If this still isn't working for you I guess it could be the brand your using. I know for a fact if you do this and use Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera Gel, you will get the peeling effect.
    I use Fruit of the Earth and even tho i dont get the peeling effect, the aloe vera is AMAZING!! I had this huge zit yesterday and now its almost completely gone!! This stuff is great

Old 08-06-2004, 09:32 PM   #67
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by replay57
    I use Fruit of the Earth and even tho i dont get the peeling effect, the aloe vera is AMAZING!! I had this huge zit yesterday and now its almost completely gone!! This stuff is great
    I know it really works wonders, I had two huge ones too and both looking much better already. I can't give Aloe enough praise.

Old 08-06-2004, 10:33 PM   #68
    star82

star82 HB User

thankS accutanedude on discovering this and responding to my question on how u apply it!!!!!...ive tried it for two days already, first i wash my face with sulfur soap, then put on my differin cream, then jsut load up on the aloe vera on my face (fruit of the earht), and so far it made my face feel ALOTTTTT softer and better!!!! im actually very surprised and happy and am praying this stuff will work for good!! (touch WOOD!!!! i donwanna jinx myself or the rest of us :P)
    STAR82

Old 08-07-2004, 10:58 AM   #69
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by star82
    thankS accutanedude on discovering this and responding to my question on how u apply it!!!!!...ive tried it for two days already, first i wash my face with sulfur soap, then put on my differin cream, then jsut load up on the aloe vera on my face (fruit of the earht), and so far it made my face feel ALOTTTTT softer and better!!!! im actually very surprised and happy and am praying this stuff will work for good!! (touch WOOD!!!! i donwanna jinx myself or the rest of us :P)
    STAR82
    No problem at all, just woke up this morning against and as usual face feels great. I have 1 new very small pimp above my lip but with the aloe it'll hopefully be gone soon. the rest of my face like all around my chips and stuff is feeling soft, but not greasy or anything really, just kinda normal. I'm sure a lot of this is my body finally adjusting to the 120 mg of accutane I'm on, but the aloe is really helping with the spreading.

Keep me updated Star

Old 08-08-2004, 01:09 PM   #70
    bigbadfroggie
    (female)

bigbadfroggie HB User
    Thumbs up Re: The Wonders of Aloe Vera

well this product seems to be GREAT! i havent even used it yet and just by hearing so many times it does wonders and it cant hurt you even if it doesnt work all that well for u than i cant wait to try it ! just one question tho, accutane dude said he used refrigerated aloe vera gel? is that just what its like/called or do u acually refrigerate it? lol im a lil confused

Old 08-08-2004, 01:29 PM   #71
    Tiefer479
    Veteran
    (female)

Tiefer479 HB User

No - just store it in the fridge. I think accutanedude also mentioned that he is one 120 mg of accutane, so his positive experience with aloe vera may not be entirely representative. I happen to agree with him that it is a great product for skin inflammation and local irritations, but it is not going to clear your skin by itself. It will very likely alleviate much of the redness you may be suffering from, but you will probably have best results by using it in conjunction with other topicals. Good luck.

Last edited by Tiefer479; 08-08-2004 at 01:35 PM.

Old 08-08-2004, 03:31 PM   #72
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigbadfroggie
    well this product seems to be GREAT! i havent even used it yet and just by hearing so many times it does wonders and it cant hurt you even if it doesnt work all that well for u than i cant wait to try it ! just one question tho, accutane dude said he used refrigerated aloe vera gel? is that just what its like/called or do u acually refrigerate it? lol im a lil confused
    Sorry I probably should of clarified that. I just mean like keep it refrigerated and nice and cool for optimum effect

Old 08-08-2004, 03:33 PM   #73
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TieferSchlummer
    No - just store it in the fridge. I think accutanedude also mentioned that he is one 120 mg of accutane, so his positive experience with aloe vera may not be entirely representative. I happen to agree with him that it is a great product for skin inflammation and local irritations, but it is not going to clear your skin by itself. It will very likely alleviate much of the redness you may be suffering from, but you will probably have best results by using it in conjunction with other topicals. Good luck.
    I completely agree with this. Aloe is not something to halt your treatments for, it's just something to add to the routine before you go to bed.

In a way this is what makes it so great, you don't have to make any changes to your cycle, just a nice addition

Old 08-08-2004, 03:43 PM   #74
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

I just wanted to give you guys a small opinion I have. I think brand really matters quite a bit. When I used Lilly of Desert which was 99.5% aloe for 2 days, it was certainly better of than nothing, but I did get a few new zits and it just overall seemed less effective will less peeling in the morning etc. Now that I'm back to 100% Pure Fruit of the Earth everything is cool again.

Another thing i am experimenting with is keep the aloe on almost 24/7. So far I don't know if I like it, i've had it all on day and it kinda feels like my face is burning which could be a good thing or bad thing. I'll let you know in the morning what I think about keeping aloe on as much as possible.

Old 08-08-2004, 09:54 PM   #75
    Crapple67
    Inactive

Crapple67 HB User

Ok I just applied Pure Fruit of the Earth Aloe gel its completely dry and im going to bed in a bit. Ill tell you how it looks in the morning. But it feels really good for now.

Closed Thread