It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Dr. Nicholas Tabbal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-10-2004, 05:06 PM   #16
    milkshake

milkshake HB User
    Re: Dr. Nicholas Tabbal

Hi Whonose! I live in LA. But I have family in New York. That's why I was looking at both though I would prefer to do it in LA. My only fear is that the LA doctors are very aggressive since everyone and their mother has work done here, so I'm just a little skeptical. I tend to think that if the doctor is a little conservative then it's better. Do you know any great doctors in LA. I've been searching the board and there seems to be a lot of praise for Dr. Nassif...but it could be from someone in his office...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2004, 07:20 PM   #17
    nygal

nygal HB User

I went to Dr Tabbal precisely because I had heard from others that he does not attempt to change your face but just refine your nose. That's what I wanted. Most people do not seem to even recognize that I had a nose job because mine is not a drastic change. I had a bump on my nose which is now gone.

Old 07-19-2004, 04:21 PM   #18
    AK47
    (male)

AK47 HB User

Speaking of Dr.Pastorek,I consulted with him recently and found him to be very honest and thorough.I believe the patient of his who died at Manhatten Eye actually died before he even touched her.

Old 07-20-2004, 11:24 AM   #19
    niceperson

niceperson HB User

The patient who died wasnt it Olivier Goldsmith? i am from uk and too am desperate to find a surgeon for revision surgery just on the tip of me nose and to stop the bleeding ive had for 3 years from a botched primary nose job with dr Michael Sachs(dont know how he earnt the title cosmetic surgeon) HES RUBBISH.Ruined my nose.Do u think John Shermans any good? im so confused!

Old 07-22-2004, 08:35 AM   #20
    misspeach

misspeach HB User

Speaking from experience, I had three procedures done with Tabbal at ear eye and throat including rhinoplasty. I was nervous about going under but the chances of anything going wrong are so slim. usually there are other circumstances that aren't talked about in the news when something does happen to go wrong. Using Tabbal was the best decision I ever made. I was a little taken back by his reluctance to show pictures but after going on 6 consultations and seeing his work on someone else I went with him. He is an artist and doesn't give the same nose to everyone. he gives you a nose that looks like you should have been born with it if you had a great nose! (if that makes any sense). Anyway I highly recommend him.

Old 08-05-2004, 07:14 AM   #21
    dec2004

dec2004 HB User

I'm about to do my 2nd rhynoplasty as a result of a bad first one. My inner structure of my nose is a complete mess according to the doctors I have seen thus far which include Drs. Pastornak, Labruna (Cornell), Bellin, and Tabbal. Pastornak said he didn't even want to touch it because of the complexity of the operation and referred me to Dr. Toriumi in Chicago which is difficult for me since I live in NYC. Because of many sites which talk about Tabbal I decided to go for a consultation yesterday. Unfortunately, as many of you guys know already you can't go by your consultation. The best way is to do your research and find out about others who have used the doctor. The hard part is that there are always one or two unhappy customers for even the best doctors in the world. You just have to pray that you don't be that 3rd. Can others who have had or have seen Dr. Tabbal's work give me some information on him? Because of my breathing problems Dr. LaBruna at Cornell University said he could put it through insurance and most of it would be paid but I haven't heard much about him so I'm scared to go to him. I'd rather pay cash to just get the job done right. Help!

Old 08-05-2004, 11:05 PM   #22
    BeautyNowBeast

BeautyNowBeast HB User

Hi Dec..
    Sorry To Hear About Your Situation, I Can Totally Relate To You. For What Its Worth You Are Not Alone.
    Your Best Bet Is To Use A Reconstruction Doctor Who Is Also An Ent,, Someone Who Just Does Faces. Tabbal Is Neither, He Is Just General Plastic Surgeon. Please Be Careful With Him. I Used Him For My Nose, And I Regret The Day I Ever Did It. He Destroyed Me Mentally And Phsycially. I Have Been Looking For The Past 2 Years To Find A Revision Doctor Who Can Help Me. Most Doctors Refer Me To Toriumi And Gunter, They Both Said I Need A Ribgraft Cause Of The Damage Tabbal Did To My Nose.
    How Did Your Consult Go? He Didnt Show You Pictures, Are You Willing To Take The Chance And Not See Any Of His Work? He Was Very Nice Before My Surgery, And After He Turned Into An Arrogant Cold Hearted Jerk! There Are Not Many Doctors In Ny Who Can Do Difficult Revisions, You Might Have To Travel. I Am Still Searching To Find The Right Doctor,
    Hang In There, And Dont Rush Into Something You Will Regret. There Is A Doctor Out There Who Can Help Us, We Just Have To Find Him.

Old 08-06-2004, 11:11 PM   #23
    jovanna

jovanna HB User

I am also searching diligently for the best, light handed not too perfect style surgeon or my primary and hopefully ONLY rhinoplasty. I have consulted with Dr. Sherrell Aston- he did a friend of mine- beautiful girl just thought she had an adorable nose but NEVER suspected until she told me and showed me a before picture. She went from average to very beautiful. I am one of those people who can really spot a nose job even the good ones so i HAD to meet him. He is also a no photos Doctor. Even though I've seen her work I still wanted to see others. His suggestions to me sounded a bit more than i felt I needed, but it's so hard to tell what a Dr. really means. i just know the type of look I want and that i want a only a minor change, the nose I should have been born with, not some sculpture in the center of my face- it can be so scary. So anyway my point is that I am also scheduled to meet with Dr Tabbal and I was wondering if you happened to know any of the names of his past patients. If they're celebrities clearly that may give us a better idea.Thanks!

Old 08-07-2004, 12:09 PM   #24
    CTnose

CTnose HB User
    Angry Re: Dr. Nicholas Tabbal

I used Dr. Tabbal after having two previous terrible nose surgeries. I was refered to him by several NYC doctors. I was also referred to Dr. Gunter in Texas but felt that it was just to far to travel. I now wish that I hadn't made that mistake. Tabbal didn't manage to staighten my crooked nose or make it look that much better. I even went back and he put in a graft but it still does not look good. I have sent some pictures to Dr. Gunter to see if he feels he can correct this. I am so mad that if Tabbal didn't think he could fix my nose why he didn't send me straight to someone who could. Has anyone heard anything about Dr. Gunter. It seems like he is supposed to be the best.

Old 08-08-2004, 10:35 AM   #25
    spinsta
    (male)

spinsta HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CTnose
    Has anyone heard anything about Dr. Gunter. It seems like he is supposed to be the best.
    I have heard all good things about him and I had my consult about two weeks ago. I really liked his before and afters, it looks like he's particularly good at correcting complicated cases. He showed me what he wanted to do on me and I really liked it. I have my surgery scheduled already and I will post when it's finished. The only downside so far is the cost. Because he has to do a rib graft, it will cost about $16,000. However, as expensive as it is, I think it's worth it. By having Gunter as my ps I know that I will never touch my nose again because if he can't get it the way I like it, then I don't think anyone else will be able to.

Old 08-08-2004, 10:45 AM   #26
    BeautyNowBeast

BeautyNowBeast HB User

Good Luck to you CT and all the best.. Im sure everything will work out in your favor, and you never have to visit these boards again! Is gunter going to use Kwire along with the rib? I liked his before and after pictures too, The only thing that is stopping me from using him , is the kwire, he is the only doctor that uses it, so I am alittle hestitant.
    keep us posted.. and im sending happy vibes your way!

Old 08-11-2004, 08:56 AM   #27
    spinsta
    (male)

spinsta HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BeautyNowBeast
    Good Luck to you CT and all the best.. Im sure everything will work out in your favor, and you never have to visit these boards again! Is gunter going to use Kwire along with the rib? I liked his before and after pictures too, The only thing that is stopping me from using him , is the kwire, he is the only doctor that uses it, so I am alittle hestitant.
    keep us posted.. and im sending happy vibes your way!
    Umm, I don't really know if he's going to use kwire? Maybe I should ask, lol. I'll def. let you know how it goes... thanks for the happy vibes =) !

Old 08-12-2004, 04:46 PM   #28
    nosejobneeded

nosejobneeded HB User
    Smile Re: Dr. Nicholas Tabbal

Hello. I am looking for a plastic surgeon for rhinoplasty. I have narrowed my list down to four surgeons. They are:Nicholas Tabbal, Norman V Godfrey, Daniel C Baker, and Sherrell Aston. If anyone can provide me with some feedback based on personal experiences I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Old 05-25-2005, 10:45 AM   #29
    p00rhouse
    (female)

p00rhouse HB User

I am seeking revision rhinoplasty 7 years after the simplest of procedures was botched (mostly cartilage removal). I had no less than 9 consults at the time, and went to one of the best in NYC, who also happened to be a otorolygist. I am considering Dr. Tabbal, but also had read good things about Geoffrey Tobias and Steven Pearlman in NYC, if anyone has any information about them. Thanks for any information

Old 05-25-2005, 12:08 PM   #30
    AJ50
    (female)

AJ50 HB User

Read the previous posts , There are 2 people who had unsatisfactory results including myself who used Tabbal.
    He is not a revisionist which he claims to be. He made my problems worse not better.

Closed Thread