It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• The Wonders of Aloe Vera

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-09-2004, 01:27 AM   #76
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User
    Re: The Wonders of Aloe Vera

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crapple67
    Ok I just applied Pure Fruit of the Earth Aloe gel its completely dry and im going to bed in a bit. Ill tell you how it looks in the morning. But it feels really good for now.
    Cool, don't be afraid to load it on to the point where it doesn't even dry before you go to bed. This will insure you get the peeling effect. Anyways, let us know how you like it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2004, 09:56 AM   #77
    Crapple67
    Inactive

Crapple67 HB User

I dont think I put enough on it really didnt do much of anything. I will try it again tonight using alot more. Any ways how much could I really expect from one night right

Old 08-09-2004, 11:40 AM   #78
    Green1
    (male)

Green1 HB User
    Question Re: The Wonders of Aloe Vera

I just got Lily if the Desert 99% Aloe Vera gelly from the Health food store. Hopefully it will work for me. They didn't have 100% of any aloe vera. Oh and how is the gel suppose to look, mine looks like liquid soap?

Last edited by Green1; 08-09-2004 at 11:43 AM.

Old 08-09-2004, 11:44 AM   #79
    surenitynow

surenitynow HB User

i went to a health food store first to get some but they didnt have any "fruit of the earth" there...so i went to Longs..bingo...a big bottle of it for 7 bucks.

Old 08-09-2004, 11:54 AM   #80
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crapple67
    I dont think I put enough on it really didnt do much of anything. I will try it again tonight using alot more. Any ways how much could I really expect from one night right
    I think that's certainly the case, you didn't load enough on. Like seriously put handfuls of the stuff on, it gets expensive for the bottles, like I've already gone through almost two in just over a week. However, money isn't an option for me, I'd use 10 a day if I had to lol. I just want my damn acne gone. Try really loading it on and letting it dry as much as possible before you go to sleep and then let us know how it works for ya.

Old 08-09-2004, 11:55 AM   #81
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Green1
    I just got Lily if the Desert 99% Aloe Vera gelly from the Health food store. Hopefully it will work for me. They didn't have 100% of any aloe vera. Oh and how is the gel suppose to look, mine looks like liquid soap?
    Although very hard to notice I found that Lily of the Desert was a little more liquidy then pure Fruit of the Earth Aloe. I did use Lily for a couple days to experiment and didn't like it nearly as much as Fruit of the Earth, however, it was still 10x better than nothing.

You really gotta hunt for Fruit of the Eart sometimes.

Old 08-09-2004, 11:58 AM   #82
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

If you look at post #74 in this thread I said how I was experimenting with using Aloe 24/7. I had it on all last night and all day yesterday and night and all last night. Now I can honestly say it was weird, my skin would burn a lot with it on last night. I think I would stick to just putting it on at night and peeling it off in the morning (don't wash it off). I haven't noticed any problem with my skin after peeling it off this morning, but better safe then sorry and like they say, too much of anything is never a good thing.

Old 08-10-2004, 12:35 PM   #83
    Green1
    (male)

Green1 HB User

I tried the lily of desert aloe vera, but I don't think I put enough because their wasn't any peeling, and I had to rub it off my face. Do you think stores like Walmart, K-mart etc sell aloe vera? Thanks!!!

Old 08-10-2004, 02:25 PM   #84
    star82

star82 HB User

i know if theres any rite aid pharmacy aroiund ur town, they def have it, thats where i bought mine

Old 08-10-2004, 06:48 PM   #85
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Green1
    I tried the lily of desert aloe vera, but I don't think I put enough because their wasn't any peeling, and I had to rub it off my face. Do you think stores like Walmart, K-mart etc sell aloe vera? Thanks!!!
    I'm sure walmart and/or k-mart would sell it. Aloe, to be honest with you I don't think I got near the peeling effect with Lily of the Desert that I did with Fruit of the Earth. However, still put as much as you can on, even 3 hours or so before you go to bed. As long before you go to bed as possible

Old 08-10-2004, 07:27 PM   #86
    bugmaster

bugmaster HB User

Green1, I bought Fruit of the Earth 100% aloe vera gel at the Wal*mart here. Yours shou'ld have it too. They roll back prices also

Old 08-10-2004, 07:30 PM   #87
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bugmaster
    Green1, I bought Fruit of the Earth 100% aloe vera gel at the Wal*mart here. Yours shou'ld have it too. They roll back prices also
    I mean you can't help but love that roll back guy. [there he is]---->

Old 08-11-2004, 08:46 AM   #88
    Green1
    (male)

Green1 HB User

I put a lot more aloe vera on my face today and it peeled, but it was hard to do it. Most of the aloe vera got on my blanket on accident. I'm going to Walmart today so I'll pick some up thanks!!!!

Old 08-13-2004, 02:13 AM   #89
    aaron7

aaron7 HB User

Yeah...i've been using Aloe Vera (97.5% variety) for the past few days and it seems pretty good...i don't have access to fruit of the earth, but that might be even better. Anyhow, it seems to be very good in healing quickly...now zits really go away like in 1 day. Also on the purity thing, I think they make the aloe vera gels from concentrate...so like juice, you can have 100 percent juice from a little of concentrate...and then add a bit of stuff to it and still be 100 percent...

Old 08-13-2004, 01:43 PM   #90
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aaron7
    Yeah...i've been using Aloe Vera (97.5% variety) for the past few days and it seems pretty good...i don't have access to fruit of the earth, but that might be even better. Anyhow, it seems to be very good in healing quickly...now zits really go away like in 1 day. Also on the purity thing, I think they make the aloe vera gels from concentrate...so like juice, you can have 100 percent juice from a little of concentrate...and then add a bit of stuff to it and still be 100 percent...
    It certainly dries them up overnight. I wouldnt go as far as saying completely getting rid of them in 1 day. However, anything that claims to do that simply isn't true, there is always gonna be a bit left unless it's a really small surface pimple.

I'm still using aloe everynight and still love it!

Closed Thread