It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• The Wonders of Aloe Vera

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-15-2004, 09:59 AM   #91
    ugh

ugh HB User
    Re: The Wonders of Aloe Vera

Hey,

Kinda new here. How's everyone one?

I was using aloe (99.5 lilly of the desert) for a while and I did notice a difference but not a huge one. But this post has encouraged me to give it a more seriouse try. I was wondering thought, I'm currently trying proactive and so far it has made my skin a lot smoother (I actually had a friend accuse me of wearing makeup becuase my skin looked smoother) but although smoother there is redness that can get bad sometimes.

So my question is can I use aloe on top of the proactive or will that defeat the purpose of one or the other or both?

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2004, 11:10 AM   #92
    Paranoidude
    (male)

Paranoidude HB User
    Question Re: The Wonders of Aloe Vera

Anyone here from Canada? (Toronto to be more specific)

Where can you buy " Fruit of the Earth " 100% Aloe Vera here? The drugstores here only seem to have the non 100% ones. Thx.

Old 08-15-2004, 05:27 PM   #93
    christychristy
    Inactive

christychristy HB User

Try Wal Mart. That's where I found mine.

Old 08-20-2004, 08:51 PM   #94
    sadman
    (male)

sadman HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tweedy
    Could you also use aloe straight from the plant?
    Does anyone know the answer to this question?

Old 08-20-2004, 09:14 PM   #95
    boardR2

boardR2 HB User

I use aloe as spot treatment at night. It does wonders. I use a huge glob for each pustule. It takes almost an hour for it to dry. But it drys it out nicely within a few days.

Old 08-21-2004, 12:10 AM   #96
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ugh
    Hey,

Kinda new here. How's everyone one?

I was using aloe (99.5 lilly of the desert) for a while and I did notice a difference but not a huge one. But this post has encouraged me to give it a more seriouse try. I was wondering thought, I'm currently trying proactive and so far it has made my skin a lot smoother (I actually had a friend accuse me of wearing makeup becuase my skin looked smoother) but although smoother there is redness that can get bad sometimes.

So my question is can I use aloe on top of the proactive or will that defeat the purpose of one or the other or both?

Any help would be great.

Thanks!
    I use Aloe on top of any medical prescriptions. I don't see there being any difference to proactive. I would certainly try using it on top and I think you'll find that since aloe is all natural nothing but good things will come out of it. (In addition to the good things already happening with your proactive)

Old 08-21-2004, 12:12 AM   #97
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User
    Talking Re: The Wonders of Aloe Vera

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Paranoidude
    Anyone here from Canada? (Toronto to be more specific)

Where can you buy " Fruit of the Earth " 100% Aloe Vera here? The drugstores here only seem to have the non 100% ones. Thx.
    I actually live near Toronto and my dad grabbed me the Fruit of th Earth Aloe Vera at shoppers drugmart in Hamilton. Check out all the shoppers, or better yet call first and I think you'll eventually find one that has it.

Old 08-21-2004, 12:14 AM   #98
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sadman
    Does anyone know the answer to this question?
    I have heard of people using aloe from the plant but with minimal results. The reason for this is because it is apparently too liquidy and doesn't have enough gel texture. The Fruit of the Earth is a gel (I actually use it as a hair gel as well) and when it dries it gives you that mask type coat. It's certainly different then directly from the plant, and apparently more effective.

Old 08-21-2004, 12:16 AM   #99
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by boardR2
    I use aloe as spot treatment at night. It does wonders. I use a huge glob for each pustule. It takes almost an hour for it to dry. But it drys it out nicely within a few days.
    I woke up with a couple new pimples this morning which was really depressing, but I did use the aloe as a spot treatment on them, then covered it with cover up and I must say you could barely notice it. I was quite pleased.

Old 08-22-2004, 12:56 AM   #100
    Ejabalu

Ejabalu HB User

Got the aloe on my face right now... Just gotta wait for it to dry before I hit the sack. It feels really interesting... very cold when hit by blowing air but kind of warm at the same time when in stagnent air. I really glopped it on, so I'm hoping it'll create the pealing effect tomorrow morning. I bought the Fruit of the Earth 100% aloe at Walmart for less than $4, just incase anyone is still looking for it. It'll be the clear kind, not the green.

Forgot to store it in the fridge before applying it, but we'll see how things go tomorrow. I'll keep you posted on the effects. After maybe about 4 days or so I'll tell you of any changes. I have decent red marks on my face caused by me having an incredibly hard time not picking at my face, so we'll see if any of that diminishes with this aloe use.

Old 08-22-2004, 07:50 AM   #101
    Drawss

Drawss HB User

Hey... that last post brings up an interesting point... why refridgerated aloe vera... and not just straight out of the bottle at room temperature... I'm using the aloe as an aftershave right now... and it seems to be doing fine at room temperature... can some1 tell me the benefits of the aloe being refridgerated?!?!

Drawss

Old 08-22-2004, 02:50 PM   #102
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ejabalu
    Got the aloe on my face right now... Just gotta wait for it to dry before I hit the sack. It feels really interesting... very cold when hit by blowing air but kind of warm at the same time when in stagnent air. I really glopped it on, so I'm hoping it'll create the pealing effect tomorrow morning. I bought the Fruit of the Earth 100% aloe at Walmart for less than $4, just incase anyone is still looking for it. It'll be the clear kind, not the green.

Forgot to store it in the fridge before applying it, but we'll see how things go tomorrow. I'll keep you posted on the effects. After maybe about 4 days or so I'll tell you of any changes. I have decent red marks on my face caused by me having an incredibly hard time not picking at my face, so we'll see if any of that diminishes with this aloe use.
    Well it sounds like your using hte exact brand I'm using. Goodluck and make sure you post how it goes for you.

Old 08-22-2004, 02:52 PM   #103
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Drawss
    Hey... that last post brings up an interesting point... why refridgerated aloe vera... and not just straight out of the bottle at room temperature... I'm using the aloe as an aftershave right now... and it seems to be doing fine at room temperature... can some1 tell me the benefits of the aloe being refridgerated?!?!

Drawss
    well I suppose both are okay, but I've heard it keeps better in the fridge. Also, the coolness of when you apply it right out of the fridge also makes it a little better on your face. Kinda like how its good to apply ice to your face I suppose. Let's put it this way, it can't hurt keep it in the fridge

Old 08-22-2004, 02:55 PM   #104
    TiffyBaby221

TiffyBaby221 HB User

Would aloe vera work from the plant? that is 100 % right?

Old 08-22-2004, 03:11 PM   #105
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TiffyBaby221
    Would aloe vera work from the plant? that is 100 % right?
    That question has been asked a few times and I really don't recall ever hearing anyone post any results from using it from the plant. I do however know that you will not get the peeling effect and the plant is much more liquidy rather then gel like. So I would not recommend the plant because I have never heard any decent results from it, but wouldn't rule it out.

Closed Thread