It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Sweating As A Side Effect Of Adderall?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-29-2004, 05:52 PM   #1
    RebeccaW62

RebeccaW62 HB User
    Sweating As A Side Effect Of Adderall?

I am experiencing extreme sweating maybe due to ADDERALL. Does anyone else experience this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2004, 06:28 PM   #2
    norat
    Inactive

norat HB User
    Talking Re: Sweating As A Side Effect Of Adderall?

Most likely sweating is a direct result of Adderall, or because it's summer :-) It speeds your heart rate, your metabolism etc. Don't read doom into that, because the exact same thing happens when we start regular regular exercise.

Plus, sweating begets sweating, since I often take a sauna I sweat at the drop of a hat. The one thing you must pay attention to on Adderall is your blood pressure.

Some common reasons we sweat. Drugs -- including antipyretics, some antipsychotics, sympathomimetics, caffeine, morphine, alcohol and thyroid hormone

Old 08-30-2004, 04:58 PM   #3
    RebeccaW62

RebeccaW62 HB User
    Re: Sweating As A Side Effect Of Adderall?

I am not talking about, "Gee it is hot and I am sweating". I am pouring buckets of sweat that isn't natural. I keep the air on 60 degrees in the house. Everyone is freezing except for me. I also keep the office very cold.

I will be fine in the car and get out to walk into the grocery store and again, the sweat starts pouring. Even though the store is air conditioned, I won't begin to cool off until it is time to leave then I walk back into the heat and the cycle continues. I keep ice cubes in my bra and shirt to try to keep cool. My face turns bright red and begins to fiercly itch. I have to shower 3 times a day.

Right now, I am sitting in my airconditioned home, typing with two cool damp wash clothes under each arm and an icepack on my back just trying to stay cool. If I bend down to pick up something or clean a spot off the floor, the sweat will again start.

I exercise two days a week with a personal trainer. I sweat very heavy at the gym too.

I thought of hormones, but I am not in menapause. I have been suffering from increased sweating for almost a year now. But the sweating situation almost doubled when I started taking Adderall.

Thyroid is a good point. I am supposed to have blood work done. I will make sure they check that too.

I know how much I used to sweat and what I feel is normal to sweat given a certain season or situation, I am sweating far more than I ever have and far more than what I feel is considered normal.

Today, after getting over heated due to opening a package in the warehouse at work, I had to leave to cool down and take a shower. I took a nap and when I woke up, I felt like I had been severely sunburned. My face has bright red spotches, a heat rash under both arms and on both legs.

I was wondering if anyone experienced this level of sweating. I don't use alcohol nor take illegal drugs.

Last edited by RebeccaW62; 08-30-2004 at 05:00 PM.

Old 09-25-2004, 03:09 PM   #4
    ApocMan

ApocMan HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RebeccaW62
    I am not talking about, "Gee it is hot and I am sweating". I am pouring buckets of sweat that isn't natural. I keep the air on 60 degrees in the house. Everyone is freezing except for me. I also keep the office very cold.

I will be fine in the car and get out to walk into the grocery store and again, the sweat starts pouring. Even though the store is air conditioned, I won't begin to cool off until it is time to leave then I walk back into the heat and the cycle continues. I keep ice cubes in my bra and shirt to try to keep cool. My face turns bright red and begins to fiercly itch. I have to shower 3 times a day.

Right now, I am sitting in my airconditioned home, typing with two cool damp wash clothes under each arm and an icepack on my back just trying to stay cool. If I bend down to pick up something or clean a spot off the floor, the sweat will again start.

I exercise two days a week with a personal trainer. I sweat very heavy at the gym too.

I thought of hormones, but I am not in menapause. I have been suffering from increased sweating for almost a year now. But the sweating situation almost doubled when I started taking Adderall.

Thyroid is a good point. I am supposed to have blood work done. I will make sure they check that too.

I know how much I used to sweat and what I feel is normal to sweat given a certain season or situation, I am sweating far more than I ever have and far more than what I feel is considered normal.

Today, after getting over heated due to opening a package in the warehouse at work, I had to leave to cool down and take a shower. I took a nap and when I woke up, I felt like I had been severely sunburned. My face has bright red spotches, a heat rash under both arms and on both legs.

I was wondering if anyone experienced this level of sweating. I don't use alcohol nor take illegal drugs.
    I had this very thing happen to me, to the point i got a presciption for some anti-perspirant. I ended up having to stop Adderall becuase I never eat.

I'm now back on Adderall and doing fine with no sweating and i can eat. I take 10mg in the morning and can take another at night if i want... At the time i was sweating and all the other stuff it was 20mg twice a day.

Old 09-26-2004, 12:52 AM   #5
    index.html
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

index.html HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RebeccaW62
    I am experiencing extreme sweating maybe due to ADDERALL.
    Rebecca,

Are you taking any other prescription meds, especially an antidepressant, with the Adderall?

Old 09-26-2004, 01:44 PM   #6
    uptown22

uptown22 HB User

Adderall makes me sweat a LOT too, like you. Buckets. I just drink a lot. It is an unpleasant side effect

Old 09-29-2004, 06:19 PM   #7
    ApocMan

ApocMan HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by uptown22
    Adderall makes me sweat a LOT too, like you. Buckets. I just drink a lot. It is an unpleasant side effect

I could not handle the amount of sweating that occurred. I had to stop Aderrall and wait a little then went back on it at a lower dose and I'm fine now...

I have to talk and do presentation in front of a LARGE!!!!! groups and I mean large... So, there was no way I could handle bleeding through two shirts and then I have to network after I'm done and I ended up looking like a robot, since I would avoid raising my arms...

Anyway, you may want to go to a lower dose, but I had to stop taking it and then go back to it at a lower dose...

Old 10-21-2004, 04:10 PM   #8
    KawaiiiGal
    (female)

KawaiiiGal HB User

you will sweat because adderall is legalized speed...and any type of speed, coke, any upper is going to increase your body temperature and speed up your metabolism and make you sweat...and so that's what you get from adderall

Closed Thread