It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Can the rash return?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-31-2004, 04:52 AM   #1
    TICKED-OFF

TICKED-OFF HB User
    Can the rash return?

Can a rash appear weeks, months or years later? Red rasberry type on arms in isolated areas and then go away.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2004, 09:44 AM   #2
    Komondor
    Inactive

Komondor HB User
    Re: Can the rash return?

Hi Ticked Off,
    Yes, rashes can come and go.

Old 09-01-2004, 08:06 AM   #3
    laurie864bla
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

laurie864bla HB User

Does anyone know why this happens? Just curious. My son had many spots that developed a year and some months after his initial hospitalization. They were red rings anywhere from 2in. in diameter to less than the size if a dime with clear skin on the inside and what looked like a bite or small red mark in the center of each one. Took him to doc and they had three docs come in and look at it all scratching their heads and going, "hmmmmm...you don't see something like THAT everday!" they gave him some antihistimine and it went away later on that day. It was very itchy and it was everywhere. They told me it could not be Lyme b/c the antihistime worked. Who knows, they were not right about anything else with him and ended up saying he probably needed a psychiatrist because he had to be making things up w/ so many negative tests. Like you can make up rashes, fevers, and bloody dry eyes!!! Needless to say, he was dianosed later and I switched docs. Found out rashes after the initial bite are common, even ones that do not look like a bullseye. To my knowledge, they go "unexpained". Does anyone know a reason for this or is it just the body telling us, "still something wrong in here and I'm trying to fight?" ---laurie

Old 09-03-2004, 09:50 AM   #4
    Brandon100
    Inactive

Brandon100 HB User

I'm 33 and was infected with lyme when I was 12. My initial diagnosis as a child was viral Meningitis. I continued with no treatment until the age of 24.

After several years of treatment my lyme symptoms became less severe but I also developed a new one. One of them was a rash. The rash usually comes out when I'm sweating or hot and or have had very little water or food to eat. If I'm the least bit dehydrated.

The rash appears on my shoulders and chest. It looks kind of like a Cumulonimbus cloud shape with clear circles or small clear shapes within the rash. As soon as the rash appears, so do my other symptoms.

I have learned that the only way for me to keep the rash away, tremers, stuffy sinuses, crackling ears, is to keep my metablolism continuously running. I do this by eating several small meals throughout the day, exercising, and using coloidal silver in combination with hot baths.

The hot bath does a couple of key things. It raises blood pressure which will encourage lymph drainage and it also raises your metabolism which in turn makes it more difficult for toxins to collect. Speaking personally, it is my opinon that it is the accumulation of toxins in the brain from lyme that result in the severity of the symptoms.

Lyme works by slowing you down so it can repoduce and collect faster. The slower and less active you are the faster it can multiply. You stop moving, it runs rampant.

I've been treated with long courses of both IV and oral antibiotics and found little relief with them. Finding a good quality colloidal silver to kill the bacteria, then helping my brain to get rid of the dead bacteria toxins with the bath treatments continue to be esential for me. A couple of weeks to a month after stopping the baths or eating poorly and even drinking alcohol, my symptoms begin to creep.

If I were to take a stab as to why we get this rash. My guess would be that the body is responding in the same way that it does with pollen/grass or other Allergens- things that don't belong in the body..a histamine response to the bacteria during a specific stage and toxic threshold.

Additionally, it is my belief that chronic lyme disease occurs not in the body but in the brain.
    Whether the symptoms are neurological or arthritic. The bacterial have long left the blood and made their way into the brain through the spinal fluid. "Blood Brain Barrier" or not. Once alive in the brain, the toxic material from its life cycle polutes and effects the electrical wiring of the brain.
    If a leg is broken, the pain is not truely felt at the injury sight. It is the brain that creates the sensation of pain and points to where it is. Once the brain is poluted with this toxic material, judgement and interpretation is interrupted. In other words, your legs may be fine, but the brain sends fluid to the knee, simulating arthritus. You feel the pain but this is simply a misfire. So sadly, we are not really treating arthritus, or the rash, or pelvic pain, we are simply masking. It is the bacteria tucked delicately in the brain, with its poisioning feces and reproductive capabilites that we are after.

Doctors are trained to diagnose by symptom. Since the symptoms of lyme in my opinion are "ghosts" they lose sight of the real enemy and it's perfect masking techniques. In the case of Lyme, sadly they are right, it's all in our heads. They just can't fathom what that really means.

Last edited by Brandon100; 09-03-2004 at 11:28 AM.

Old 09-03-2004, 10:20 AM   #5
    TICKED-OFF

TICKED-OFF HB User

WOW

The advice I get from reading this web stie is amazing

I would love to fire my doctor(s) and just go with the advice from this site.

Thanks to all of you

TO

Old 09-03-2004, 07:36 PM   #6
    ncgirl88
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ncgirl88 HB User

Brandon100,

What a great post! I am printing that out...eloquent and so much info.

Thanks,
    ncgirl88

Old 09-04-2004, 07:01 PM   #7
    Brandon100
    Inactive

Brandon100 HB User

Thank You for the kind words. If any of this information saves even two people from losing a job or suffering any undue pain, it is worth the time spent writing it.

Since maybe a couple of people are interested, I would like to share some additional opinionated theories.

Doctors do claim that a patient will herx during treatment. With regard to that subject, they are right on target. It is the destruction of the bacteria that result in additional toxic waste introduced to the brain. The antibiotic destroys some bacteria only at a specific stage in it life cycle. This destruction results in many more times the toxic poisoning of the existing and living lyme itself. The medication does destroy, but the bacteria are not so easily eliminated. It does follow its instinct to move along in the brain to manifest to a new location.

As a result, people can expect a change in symptoms. Since the bacteria are forced to migrate to a "safer" hiding place, it resides in another area of the brain. As we all know, different parts of the brain control and send signals to different parts of the body. For a person with symptoms of pelvic pain or fluid in the ears, shortly after treatment, these symptoms commonly change because the bacteria soon inhabit another area of the brain. This results in sudden unexplained new symptoms.

Someone being treated for the first time with years and colonies of bacteria are forced to suffer through toxic saturation. The brain is full of waste product already and once treatment begins, the brain begins to absorb additonal waste from thousands of dying bacteria.

As the bacteria die off, it makes sense to help the body to rid itself from toxic waste. Hot baths, resulting in perspiration can help to a great noticeable degree.

Once a lyme sufferer has decided on a tool to fight lyme, whether it is Colloidal silver or less desirable antibiotic, the key is to flush the waste from the brain. Movement of contaminated fluids from the brain is essential for waste illumination. They must be removed by the body as fast as they are produced to avoid a herx.

A person who has been misdiagnosed for 8 years has a build up of millions of spirochetes. When we choose a treatment to combat them, we do kill a percentage, however the percentage eliminated yields additional toxic waste.

In four weeks of Colloidal silver treatment (500ppm) , I had more progress then 3 months of IV Rosephine and 8 months of doxy combined with no negative side effects.

For a few that may not know, homeostasis is defined as the brains state of normality. When Lyme effects the body the brain is unable to judge true homeostasis.

Since water and fluid distribution seem to be the main effected factor in Lyme infestation, we are capable of developing any possible symptom to the imagination. When the brains ability to manage water distribution properly is compromised by this disease, symptoms like depression, water retention, rashes, insomnia, ear infections, loss of balance, muscle twitching and every other possible symptom can occur. The brain is now incapable of homeostasis. While patients may not show that they are "dehydrated" with a urine sample, the brain very well may be. .

As Lyme sufferers gain the upper hand and reduce bacteria and its waste over time, people will be able to live without Lyme symptoms. Many people who have Lyme don't know it because it takes so long for the bacteria toxins to build up.

Some of my symptoms

Initially extreme sinitus-water in the ears causing imbalance
    Extreme Insomnia
    Extreme fogginess in sight and mind
    Headaches
    Nigh sweats
    Word retrieval failure
    Eventually the development of a cyst the size of a grape in my left sinus cavity which required surgery to remove.

After my first course of Silver (Herx reaction)
    Extreme pelvic pain only while lying flat. Sense of urgency to urinate but nothing in the bladder.
    Sinitus any time while lying flat
    Rash
    Muscle twitching.
    Anxiety
    Eye lid redness/burning of the eyes
    Weakness

Last edited by Brandon100; 09-05-2004 at 09:38 AM.

Old 09-05-2004, 05:47 AM   #8
    laurie864bla
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

laurie864bla HB User

Brandon,
    I like your insight to this disease, as I contimplate a lot of the same things about Lyme. My son's most major symptoms have to do w/ dryness of some sort even though some of his symptoms have not seemed to be directly related, I have always thought it had to do with water in the body and imbalaces. Symptoms of simple dehydration include joint pain, h'aches, disorientation, feeling ill, tired, etc. When my son is herxing, and before antibiotics, his symtoms also included extremely dry eyes and mouth, and an unquenchable thirst. His urination is decreased and he is constipated dispite mega amounts of fluid, which I found strange. He is also much better with activity and happens to absolutely pour sweat when he exercises, which is great. (his father has always done the same thing , so not that unusual--just big sweaters.) A word about the bath--- you should try putting 1 cup of epsom salts and 2 bottles hydrogen peroxide to your bath three times a week and especially when herxing. A very good doc, forget his name right now, wrote a book on detoxing and claims this bath rids the body a million times faster of dead spyrochetes, among other toxins. I thought it was total crap, but gave it a try anyway as I know many that have tried it for years with amazing success. They swear by this bath as an absolute MUST with killing spyrochetes. i swear it works. Couldn't believe it myself but it can almost stop a herx right in it's tracks by flushing them out much more quickly. just wanted to pass this along as it might really help someone. Cheap too. Good luck to you and your continued effort to get and stay well. ---laurie

Last edited by laurie864bla; 09-05-2004 at 06:18 PM.

Old 10-13-2004, 02:32 PM   #9
    itsmylife
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

itsmylife HB User

Brandon, I can't tell you how much this has helped me. Thank You

Closed Thread