It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• My Acne Is Gone.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-05-2004, 05:54 PM   #1
    x2Z

x2Z HB User
    My Acne Is Gone.

I have always have mild persistent acne and I could never stop looking in the mirror. I washed my face 2-3 times a day and put way too much crap on my face. Anyways I've noticed that all of my friends who don't give a crap about their skin and never wash their face an stay up late and stuff never get acne. So, for a week I just said screw it and stopped washing my face, stopped looking in the mirror, stopped thinking about it entirely and actually enjoyed my life. Well, here I am a week later with 0 pimples and awesome skin. I feel great. You guys should try my "regimen"!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2004, 06:01 PM   #2
    Ummeed

Ummeed HB User
    Re: My Acne Is Gone.

One of the contributing root causes of acne is stress. So I guess when you stopped worrying about it, it went away. That actually works.

Old 09-05-2004, 06:01 PM   #3
    kjane
    (female)

kjane HB User

WOW! Now that you mention it, that's probably a good idea to give my face a break. Now I'm assuming you're a guy and don't wear makeup though, right? I know I atleast have to get the makeup off my face everynight before bed and I don't even wear much at all.

Old 09-05-2004, 06:04 PM   #4
    perfectangel

perfectangel HB User

Lucky dog!! I had friends in high school - girls - who never washed their makeup off and had the best skin. I must wash the oil off or my skin is ICK.

Glad your regimen is working for you! Wish I could be stree-free!

~A~

Old 09-05-2004, 06:07 PM   #5
    Green1
    (male)

Green1 HB User

good to hear that!!!!!!!!

Old 09-05-2004, 06:11 PM   #6
    Rawraws
    (male)

Rawraws HB User

It's odd that you mention that because I notice if I forget about my acne for awhile and don't wash my face for a day or too that it seems to get better.. Maybe I should just say to heck with it all and try your "regimen".

Old 09-05-2004, 06:27 PM   #7
    Fury23

Fury23 HB User

I have been slowly doing this. First I stopped washing with the harsh medicated washes, then I stopped using retin-a, then I stopped using benzoyl peroxide. At each stage my skin got clearer. Now, I only wash with a mild cleanser, but I will soon give that up too.

Old 09-05-2004, 07:09 PM   #8
    sweet_pea

sweet_pea HB User

If only we could all get that lucky.. sheesh. Maybe I'll have enough nerves to try it one day.

Last edited by sweet_pea; 09-05-2004 at 07:10 PM.

Old 09-05-2004, 07:33 PM   #9
    johnsmith007
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

johnsmith007 HB User

I think thatís a little to risky for me to try.

Old 09-05-2004, 08:53 PM   #10
    x2Z

x2Z HB User

Well guys you have to realize that acne has only been becoming more and more of a problem just recently. Ever since all these harsh washes and lotions and craps have come out on the market, acne has become more and more common. The ONLY thing your skin needs is water, and I only use water once a day in the shower. It feels so natural and looks so healthy. You may be skeptical but I guarantee it will work.

Old 09-05-2004, 08:58 PM   #11
    girlygurl81

girlygurl81 HB User

do you think maybe this method will only work for very mild-mild acne tho??

Old 09-05-2004, 09:13 PM   #12
    x2Z

x2Z HB User

my acne was mild, it should work for any type of acne....

Old 09-05-2004, 09:21 PM   #13
    girlygurl81

girlygurl81 HB User

well maybe if enough people try it and post their results here...we can see just how successful this routine works....even for more moderate acne...maybe i will give it a try too...my acne is mild but very persistant...but i don't think i can go without washing the face...i tend to have oily skin....but i will try giving up all the fancy creams...so everyone give it a try and post their results

Old 09-05-2004, 09:22 PM   #14
    Saka
    Veteran

Saka HB User

As I said in another post, I would love to do this as it gets very trying having to wash my face twice a day, but I wear makeup to work everyday so I need to take it off. If I leave it on and sleep with it on, I'm asking for trouble. I've done that once or twice and I the concequences were immediate.

On the other hand, a friend of mine doesn't often wash her makeup off before going to bed and she has no problems with her skin. Unfair really.

Old 09-05-2004, 10:19 PM   #15
    desertgirl
    (female)

desertgirl HB User

This is kind of funny, but in one of my classes a couple of semesters ago, there was this really dirty kid. I mean, he's college age and everything but he was always covered in a thin layer of dirt (think Pig Pen from Peanuts) and his hair sorta had these dredlocks made out of dirt-I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just telling you because it's important to the story. Well, one day he had to do a presentation in front of the entire English department that I had to go to. I hardly recognized him when I sat next to him-he'd bathed and he had the most flawless skin I'd ever seen. Right then and there I decided that life simply isn't fair. Here I take "good care" of myself and he probably didn't shower more than once a week and he had better skin than me! It really made me laugh once I got over my jealousy! Some people are just dang lucky.

Closed Thread