It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• i need clear skin in exactly three weeks

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-06-2004, 02:32 PM   #1
    i am a guy
    (male)

i am a guy HB User
    i need clear skin in exactly three weeks

this sucks, this is going to stress me out, and i gurantee my acne is only going to get worse in 3 weeks time.

i am going to meet a girl for the first time in 3 weeks at a concert and the only other time she has seen me, i was almost completely clear (i was having a real good week, and got lucky i guess) but i just recently broke out, and there is no way i could see her the way my skin looks like right now.

i have 5 really bad pimples, one that popped and is now an ugly dark red blotch.... grrr and my redmarks are almost completely taking over my face.

i am using carleys treatment right now with moderate success, however i still breakout and still pretty bad so i think i will be looking for something else soon.

but anyways. what do you people think? what are some things i can do leading up to the date that will ensure that my skin is clear on that particular day. i know i will try to not drink the weekend prior, make sure i am well rested and be as dedicated as possible to my vitamins.

i also heard things like taking ibuprofen can temporarily reduce swelling and stuff like that. i was just wondering if there are a lot more things like this. i really dont care how bad i break out afterwards either, i just need to be clear for that one day.

thanks all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2004, 04:19 PM   #2
    ForgottenFaith
    Veteran
    (male)

ForgottenFaith HB User
    Re: i need clear skin in exactly three weeks

Take motrin/ibuprofen and don't touch your face. This stuff is effective as long as you don't irritate your skin. And just try avoiding situations that would normally stress you out.

Old 09-06-2004, 05:09 PM   #3
    crazyabout blue
    Inactive

crazyabout blue HB User

Try Well in Hand Zero Zits

Old 09-06-2004, 05:11 PM   #4
    SweetiePie0801

SweetiePie0801 HB User

Hi, I think I may have something that may help you out alot. I've started using a product called Nature's Cure that has worked wonders for my acne!!!! I've had terrible acne since I was 12 years old, now I'm 20 and this is the first product that has worked for me to this extent. I have tried everything, from over the counter products to perscriptions from the dermatologist. I must say that this product is amazing!!! It is a two part acne treatment consisting of a pill that you take twice a day, and a cream that you apply to existing blemishes. Within two days of starting Nature's Cure I saw dramatic results. The pills are all natural ingredients so there are no side affects, not to mention it's cheap!!! You can get it at walmart for 8.99, which makes it that much better..lol!!! Make sure you get the male product because there's a formula for males, and one for females. Oh yeah, you find it right in the section with the rest of the facial products such as ance wash...etc...I hope you try it and I hope it works for you like it did for me and my little sister. Keep me posted and let me know if you do decide to try it and if it works for you...ok??? Good Luck!!! :-)

Old 09-06-2004, 05:17 PM   #5
    johnsmith007
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

johnsmith007 HB User

Thatís the worst thing when you really want to be clear a certain day, because you usually end up stressing out about it and getting acne.

Old 09-06-2004, 06:01 PM   #6
    desertgirl
    (female)

desertgirl HB User

I had a wedding to go to last summer and I had about the same amount of time (3 weeks) to fix my face also... here's what I did.

For the first week, I really dried out my face. I know it's bad, but it's the only thing that helps me when I have a bad breakout. I mix regular asprin with some water and make a paste. Usually, I combine that paste with Neutrogena cleanser/mask (it's got benzoil peroxide.) After about a week of that, my skin was terribly dry (I mean, gross and flaking), but -good news- the pimples were gone. The second week was all about exfoliating. I was very gentle and exfoliated every other night with baking soda or some othe type of scrubby that I had in my shower. The third week, I was extra gentle with my skin. I put neosporin on any red marks and used only a mild antibacterial soap on my face. (Noxema triple clean is awesome.) By the wedding, my skin actually looked nice-especially compared to the mess it had been. I got several compliments on my "glow" - it could have been that my date was my crush of five years making me glow though!

I'm not sure if it would work for you... some people say drying out their face makes their breakouts worse. For me, it's the only thing that makes them go away fast. If you dry out your face, some pimples may turn into scabs. That's normal, and it's not the nicest thing to look at, but don't pick at them!!! It only will make the scab last longer. A little neosporin and a bandaid over night will help speed the healing.

Lastly, most concerts are in the evening, when it's starting to get darker earlier. If you can stand it, go to a cosmetics counter and see if they can perfectly match a concealer to your skin tone. If it matches perfectly, you'll probably be able to get away with it on smallish zits during the daytime too. You could also go to Wallgreens and try to pick out your own... it would be cheaper. Take your mom, if you're too embarassed to go alone becasue then it could look like she was picking one out, not you.

I bet with the fading daylight, you're girly friend probably won't even be able to see the cover up and you'll just look fabulous. Take it from a girl, we don't really care what you look like. Sure cute is good, but a great sense of humor, self confidence, and treating us nicely will take you a lot farther than perfect skin will. Good luck and have fun.

Old 09-06-2004, 06:22 PM   #7
    aquarius0121
    Veteran
    (female)

aquarius0121 HB User

Just remember not to touch your face or scrub too much, it will only make things worse. Wash twice a day, once in the morning, once in the evening with a gentle exfoliant. In the morning, use non-comedogenic lotion mixed with a benzoyl peroxide zit cream. Most importantly, lay off sugar and fats... Eat vegetables and chicken for the most part... it will prevent sugar "spikes" which in my opinion can be the cause of acne. Wash your pillow cases every day... but no fabric softener.. Hope this helps

Old 09-06-2004, 06:49 PM   #8
    Green1
    (male)

Green1 HB User

Don't get to stressed out about it, that'll make it worser! You have plenty of time to get back on the right track and just avoid the things that's not good for you!

P.S. To anybody who's starting school tomorrow have a good day!

Old 09-06-2004, 08:33 PM   #9
    karigirl

karigirl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aquarius0121
    Just remember not to touch your face or scrub too much, it will only make things worse. Wash twice a day, once in the morning, once in the evening with a gentle exfoliant. In the morning, use non-comedogenic lotion mixed with a benzoyl peroxide zit cream. Most importantly, lay off sugar and fats... Eat vegetables and chicken for the most part... it will prevent sugar "spikes" which in my opinion can be the cause of acne. Wash your pillow cases every day... but no fabric softener.. Hope this helps

does fabric softener really cause breakouts? whats your theory on that?

Old 09-06-2004, 09:21 PM   #10
    boardR2

boardR2 HB User

For each pustule (wont work on cysts) use a large glob of 100% aloe. A glob that takes an hour to dry. Do this at night. It will dry them out ALOT. But only put it on the pustule. You dont want to dry out the rest of your face. Im doing this now on some of my larger ones. Make sure its dry before you goto bed.

Old 09-06-2004, 09:44 PM   #11
    Rawraws
    (male)

Rawraws HB User

There's a product called Loroxide which is essentially make-up and being a guy I was always hesitant to use this. But in times like yours it really helped me. It's made specifically for acne. You mix it yourself..it comes with a Benzoyl Peroxide packet an a dye that you add gradually until it matches your skin tone. It really helps cover blemishes plus it fights the acne because of the benzoyl peroxide.

Old 09-06-2004, 10:18 PM   #12
    daisychick59

daisychick59 HB User

If you ice them, it reduces the redness; and in cystic acne, reduces the size. Ice for about 20 minutes once or twice a day.

Old 09-07-2004, 01:33 AM   #13
    i am a guy
    (male)

i am a guy HB User

wow, thanks for the abundance of replies, i appreciate it.

i am very curious about desertgirls idea but i actually have pretty bad acne so doing things that will make my acne worse right now and the remains of the acne could still linger for a couple weeks.

i have tried many different things and regimens over the years and i think what i am doing now is working OK (or at least better than what i had used before) so that is not the main thing i am worried about.

i guess make-up is always an option... but i hope it never comes down to that. something to make everything much less noticeable would be nice though.

i have heard things like using egg yolk masks, not washing face for a week, and also sun burning, as means to temporarily eliminate acne. (although it always comes back, and worse, i guess).
    i feel kind of weird about putting eggs on my face, im too scared to try not washing my face for a week, and i have gotten sun burned really bad and it had cleared me up but that was during summertime... i dont know if i could do that again in the fall, i would really stand out too much for too long.

i think the main thing i have to do is to focus more, and i think posting here helps me focus better and never do things that could make my acne worse.

i also still dont believe there is a diet/acne connection but im sure eating healthier will help somewhat.

and to boardR2, yea ive been meaning to pick up some aloe, heard so many good things. and ive used ice before but it didnt do too much for me to make it worth it.

keep this thread goin, thanks everyone

Old 09-07-2004, 02:47 AM   #14
    rocknroll1234

rocknroll1234 HB User

Use an oil free tinted moisturizer. It won't look like makeup on and will fade the red marks quite a bit.

I use the SPF15 oil free tinted one by dermalogica. Comes in 3 shades.

I would test b4 the big night though, just to make sure it blends in well.

Old 09-07-2004, 06:54 AM   #15
    surrealmeal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

surrealmeal HB User

Drink lots and lots of water everyday! It's not a cure but I find that whenever I drink the proper amount, (8+- glasses) my skin looks much clearer and calmer. It helps keep your face nice and hydrated.

Another thing--100% aloe vera, like others have suggested. I bought a bottle of it and keep it in the fridge. I put a layer of it all over my face and it goes on ICY cold. Feels awesome. I was doing this for several days in a row to speed up the process of a couple nasty pimples. I was doing more harm than good 'cause I kept picking at them so I didn't get a chance to see if the aloe actually helped the pimples themselves, BUT I noticed that all the other skin on my face was looking SO nice. The aloe was totally getting rid of the redness from old acne scars and dark marks. I wish I had taken before and after pictures. Ice cold aloe rocks. Try it.

If you can't get your hands on coverup, then I recommend just going over your face with a tiny bit of powder, just to decrease the shine. When my face was red and/or broken out, there was nothing worse than having oily looking skin. Powder helps calm down some of the redness.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Closed Thread