It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• The Wonders of Aloe Vera

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-23-2004, 08:15 PM   #106
    electric warrio

electric warrio HB User
    Re: The Wonders of Aloe Vera

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TiffyBaby221
    Would aloe vera work from the plant? that is 100 % right?
    On an unrelated note, aloe vera from the plant is highly effective on fresh wounds. I received a flouride gel from my dentist today to help heal recent gum grafts; it contained a high percentage of aloe vera.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2004, 12:16 AM   #107
    johnsmith007
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

johnsmith007 HB User

To anyone that can answer. In the first thread were he said that you peel it off when you wake up in the morning. Is he referring to peeling off the actual lotion or your skin?

Old 08-24-2004, 01:59 AM   #108
    Rachelara

Rachelara HB User

Yeah, I too was wondering about that peeling process mentioned earlier in this post. I have been using FoTEarth 100% Aloe Vera Gel, unfridgerated and refridgerated, and have applied it heavily to my face, and have not been able to just peel it off in the morning. In fact when I wake up and go to the mirror in the morning, all I see is my face looking extremely oily. So I have to wash the gel off by water to take it off. Now that I am thinking about it, it might be because I am so used to sleeping on my tummy and so the sides of my face touch the pillow. You guys must all be back sleepers.

Old 08-24-2004, 04:26 PM   #109
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

With regards to the peeling I find it really odd that your not getting those results. When I wake up in the morning my entire face has like this mask and it peels off like some big lair of dead skin. Maybe your tossing around in your sleep and it's rubbing off or something, I don't know. I do know that I'm not the only one getting the peeling effect so it's not rare. Maybe it's not completely drying on your face?

Old 08-24-2004, 05:06 PM   #110
    gymnasticsfan
    (female)

gymnasticsfan HB User

I use a high quality aloe vera gel about 13 bux for 8 oz. It works great but try not over use it and be sure to moisturize. I used it alone 2-3x a day and my face got really dry and broke out last week. It's best to use it in combination with a moisturizer. That's what I'm doing now with good results.

Old 08-24-2004, 09:04 PM   #111
    Rachelara

Rachelara HB User

gymnasticsfan,
    What is the name of the aloe vera you are using and where can I buy it?
    Do you use it everyday and do you apply it heavily?
    Thanks for an info.

Old 09-07-2004, 11:31 PM   #112
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Just thought I'd give you guys a little observation/update. I stopped putting aloe on my face for a couple nights because I had not gotten any new pimples in about a week. Well I woke up the next day with that dreaded red alert marking telling me something is comming. Sure enough by the evening I had a pimple already appearing and a small one forming right near it. I am now back on Aloe everynight and these pimples are slowly dissapearing and again have yet to get a new pimple.

Basically I guess I am saying do not stop using it no matter what lol. And if you haven't tried aloe yet... your missing out! Goodluck guys

Old 09-07-2004, 11:48 PM   #113
    Ejabalu

Ejabalu HB User

how long did it take you to see results? and does it help scabbed over pimples heal quicker?

Old 09-08-2004, 01:38 AM   #114
    linkton
    (male)

linkton HB User

Maybe the peeling effect isnt occurring because their faces are too dry? I mean if you wash, then dry and then apply the aloe, it will be absorbed into the skin and so only a thin film will be left on the surface. How about moisturising before you apply your aloe vera and then the skin shouldnt absorb so much, thus leaving it to dry as a layer on the surface and protect.

Patrick

Old 09-08-2004, 02:52 AM   #115
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ejabalu
    how long did it take you to see results? and does it help scabbed over pimples heal quicker?
    You can feel and see the results immediately. I'm not so sure about scabbed over pimples but it's certainly possible that it would help heal them.

Old 09-08-2004, 02:59 AM   #116
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pjblink
    Maybe the peeling effect isnt occurring because their faces are too dry? I mean if you wash, then dry and then apply the aloe, it will be absorbed into the skin and so only a thin film will be left on the surface. How about moisturising before you apply your aloe vera and then the skin shouldnt absorb so much, thus leaving it to dry as a layer on the surface and protect.

Patrick
    This is an interesting idea but I personally like to apply the aloe when my skin is dry. I have no idea why they aren't experiencing the peeling effect and my only guess is that they are not applying enough, or they are not applying the right brand. Or, the very obvious, they are simply just peeling/rubbing it all off while they sleep.

My suggestion to avoid this is just to apply a large amount on your face and the layer will be thick enough that it is much more difficult to peel off. Also, the longer you let it dry before you go to bed the better.

Old 09-09-2004, 03:50 PM   #117
    Falcor
    (female)

Falcor HB User

Hi everyone! I've been reading this Aloe Vera thread ever since it started, and I found it very interesting as I had never thought to use Aloe Vera gel before. Well, about three weeks ago I started using Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera gel just like AccutaneDude suggested, and so far my results have been fabulous. My daily regemin is as follows:

Evening
    1. Wash my face with neutrogenas oil control foam cleanser
    2. Apply neutrogenas pore cleansing gel (2% SA)
    3. Apply a good amount of Aveeno moisturizer
    4. Apply a generous amount of Aloe Vera gel and then hop off to bed

For my morning ruitine I eliminate steps 2 and 4. Anyway, all my other regemin products aside, I'm in LOVE with the Aloe Vera gel. Ever since using it I have noticed a dramatic reduction in pimples forming on my face over night. I mean, sure, I've had a few pop up here or there, but NOTHING compared to what it was like before. I truly believe that the Aloe Vera gel is helping to fight blemishes as I sleep. I also like how it's fragrence free and colorless. I think I paid 5 dollars at Walmart for it, and in three weeks I have only used up half the bottle. Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know that my Aloe Vera experience so far has been a great one. Thank you to everyone who recommended it!

Old 09-09-2004, 04:23 PM   #118
    ugh

ugh HB User

I've gone to a bunch of Walmarts and Health stores and I can't find it anywhere. Anyone know of a Walmart or Store in the Toronto area that for sure has it?

Thanks!

Old 09-09-2004, 04:29 PM   #119
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ckaosblue
    Hi everyone! I've been reading this Aloe Vera thread ever since it started, and I found it very interesting as I had never thought to use Aloe Vera gel before. Well, about three weeks ago I started using Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera gel just like AccutaneDude suggested, and so far my results have been fabulous. My daily regemin is as follows:

Evening
    1. Wash my face with neutrogenas oil control foam cleanser
    2. Apply neutrogenas pore cleansing gel (2% SA)
    3. Apply a good amount of Aveeno moisturizer
    4. Apply a generous amount of Aloe Vera gel and then hop off to bed

For my morning ruitine I eliminate steps 2 and 4. Anyway, all my other regemin products aside, I'm in LOVE with the Aloe Vera gel. Ever since using it I have noticed a dramatic reduction in pimples forming on my face over night. I mean, sure, I've had a few pop up here or there, but NOTHING compared to what it was like before. I truly believe that the Aloe Vera gel is helping to fight blemishes as I sleep. I also like how it's fragrence free and colorless. I think I paid 5 dollars at Walmart for it, and in three weeks I have only used up half the bottle. Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know that my Aloe Vera experience so far has been a great one. Thank you to everyone who recommended it!
    This is great to hear. It's certainly not some kind of miracle cure, it's not going to get rid of your acne. However, regardless of what meds your already on it's something to add to the routine and be VERY effective. I get the same results as you and I love it. Thanks for sharing

Old 09-09-2004, 04:30 PM   #120
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ugh
    I've gone to a bunch of Walmarts and Health stores and I can't find it anywhere. Anyone know of a Walmart or Store in the Toronto area that for sure has it?

Thanks!
    I live near toronto and I find the only place that ever carries it is Shoppers Drug Mart. Try checking every Shoppers you can find and eventually you'll stumble on it. Goodluck let us know how the search goes.

Closed Thread