It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

• WORKERS' COMPENSATION & RSD / CRPSII

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-12-2004, 02:38 PM   #16
    Sadened

Sadened HB User
    Re: WORKERS' COMPENSATION & RSD / CRPSII

Lisa,
    I have had Bi-Lateral Carpal Tunnel since 96' had a right release 97' returned 2 mths later but not as severe....Fell May 00' left with RSD/CRPS in both feet...Also have Cervical Spondylasis (bad bad neck). The first 2 were work related...I have been out of work since May 00'...Still do not have SSD...Can you believe it...Very tiring...Linda in AZ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2004, 02:33 PM   #17
    boaz

boaz HB User
    Question Re: WORKERS' COMPENSATION & RSD / CRPSII

To Skooze, sorry to not reply to original post but I HAVE to ask Skooze how on earth did you get SSDI increase when you turned in your lump sum??? I've been told that if/when hubbys gets lump sum it will be taken away (his little $172 a moth) he would have gotten more but they offset it because of permanent total disability from w/c...how did that happen??? please answer and does where your living make a diff? I thought the SS was standardised in the US????

Old 09-30-2004, 06:48 PM   #18
    Skooze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Skooze HB User

Hi Boaz I'll try to answer your questions in order the way they happened to me. I never got a permanant disability award from work comp. I got a lump sum award to close out my case. Does this make sense? I didn't keep my medical open with them, because I was TIRED of them denying me treatment. I got a FAT check & when I reported it, my one attorney told me not too, but I like to sleep at night. My disability was through social security not through work comp. I said if the Federal government can see me as permanetly disabled why can't you guys. I was only getting about $600 a month in SSDI, & when I reported it,(I'm a single parent raising 2 kids), they upped my payments up to $1387 a month.( it was before offset by wc disabilty payments) I know it's different if you are married, and different if you live in Alaska or Hawaii (I think Florida should be there too!)
    With social security you either ARE disabled Or you ARE NOT disabled, and it depends on if you're married. Right now, I'm working with an Estate attorney to put some of my money away in Trust accounts, so Medicare doesn't get it all. I paid off my house, I bought a new car & now I have to put X amount in my kids name, then I can go on Medicaid. Last month my meds & dr.s alone were $2K, & if I have cancer, I don't want to lose everything I got. I'm only allowed to have $3K in countable assets, and a home and cars don't count. In about 4 months I'll be eligible. Attorney's are a necessary evil. Hope that helps. Aloha Skooze

Last edited by Skooze; 09-30-2004 at 06:51 PM.

Old 10-03-2004, 05:42 PM   #19
    dianadiana3

dianadiana3 HB User

Thanks for all this information- I am a RSD suffer-Lost my job/home
    I need to talk to your lawyer- any chance of getting his noumber?
    Diana

Last edited by moderator2; 10-03-2004 at 05:53 PM. Reason: please carefully review the posting rules - name, city and state only.

Old 10-05-2004, 05:00 PM   #20
    hatemyrsd

hatemyrsd HB User
    Smile Re: WORKERS' COMPENSATION & RSD / CRPSII

Hi ya all

I guess you can say I am new here. Wow, what a bummer way to get here too.

Yes, Diana, you need to get you a hire powerful attorney, like yesterday. I've been on w/c temporary disability for more than 2 years now. I was terminated after the w/c doc said I could no longer perform my job that I was hired for. Guess what??? There's a relatively new law that says employers are allowed to do that!!! The adjusters attempt almost once a week or so to cut me off everything. Financially, medically, any way they can. As soon as I think I can go back to work, things go bad again. I refuse to get my hopes up anymore.

I think I had this RSD thing for about 9 months now and no one was willing to confess to it, just pump me full of drugs. I believe it came in after the 3rd surgery for carpal tunnel and ligment repairs. I'm not a fan of stellate blocks because THEY HURT and they DON"T work. I now have an excellent doctor who has done what they call a Britylium block in my arm and I do get good relief from that. This doctor told me he will do them so long as they work, no matter what the adjusters say. It took a court order to get it, but, thank god for it.

I am learning alot as time goes by, things I wish I had known 2 years ago. I have found that a Paraffin wax machine is great for pain relief. The use of a bubble spa in the tub really helps too, with Lavender Therapy soak. Both can be bought at the local Wal-Mart for under 40.00 each. Yup, workers' comp does have to reiumburse you for them when the dr writes the order. I've seen several posts now where people talk about the itching and so forth which is hard to deal with when you already have a sleep disorder. Consider going out and buying sheets with a higher thread count, the higher the better.

When you talk to an attorney, make sure you leave nothing out. Good luck and take care. Get mad if you have to and just say sorry to the attorney, but let him know your in dire need of his help!!! And, remember that stress is the worse devil in this RSD crap!

See ya later

P.S. I love these cute little icons!!

Closed Thread